ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Anykeyer
    Original poster 171 posts

I didnt see any official post on forums or from TC2 or CS twitter accounts about this. But in the last 24h (or more) many players (across different regions and platforms) report being unable to connect or being booted from the game after some time.
    Just today I was unable to connect for 20m, then after 4 summit events I was disconnected and cant connect again. This isnt something that can be fixed on my end.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1502 posts

@anykeyer Hi there,

Sorry to hear you, and others were unable to connect during this time.

After checking our server status I can confirm that the game should be functioning as intended. Please let us know it this issue persists, and we'll look into this for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Anykeyer

@ubi-nacho
    So you are not aware and telling me that receiving multiple errors is "functioning as intended"? Great.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comments/pfml93/are_playstation_servers_being_bad/
    Yes it worked for me later this day so I was able to finish all summit events. I didnt do anything before or after receiving connection errors. And I see a spike in similar reports on reddit and in discord chat. If your support agents and server admins didnt catch anything I suggest developing better tools and practices.

• Anykeyer

2 more recent links bc I cant edit last post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comments/pf80at/anyone_having_connection_issues/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comments/pfqz3u/the_servers_are_brokendown_right/
    Daily social media checking can make wonders. Isnt it CMs job to notice something like that appearing much more frequently and notify CS or admins?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thank you for these links, @anykeyer

We did indeed have some server degradation on September 1st. My sincerest apologies for this. As you've suggested, we do have CMs who track posts on our social media platforms to alert us to these issues, and as soon as it was detected, we got to sorting it out.

We appreciate reports here on the forum, too, so I appreciate you having reached out about it as well.

Official Response
  • Anykeyer

After todays maintenance servers work 10 times slower than minutes before it.
    Every month there is something wrong with your infrastructure. Next to this Diablo II Resurrected looked like the smoothest launch ever.
    I dont understand how you are still in business tbh.

• JackFaulty
    49 posts

@anykeyer Yes, i get the same experience, the server is not working well. what ubisoft need is kompetent people what can see the problems.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks for your reports of this, @Anykeyer and @JackFaulty - I'm sorry to hear you've faced slowness with the servers.

We didn't have any reports of any server issues back around the 30th, but we've had some degradation today, and we're now having a maintenance which we're not expecting to have any effect on The Crew 2's servers.

If you'd be able to explain further what sort of slowness you encountered - what were you doing at the time, when did it happen, in what way was it slow - we may be able to suggest some troubleshooting steps that can be of help. If we can't get to the root of the problem, we'd at least wish to highlight this internally so it can be investigated.

Let me know if the issues seem to be resolved now, or if you'd like further assistance with this.

Official Response
  • apsingh1
    42 posts

@ubi-thrupney Error Code 0_34

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@apsingh1 Hi there! Error Code 0_34 typically indicates an issue with logging into Ubisoft Connect or related services. Have you noticed any error messages when attempting to log into Ubisoft Connect?

Official Response
  • Anykeyer

@ubi-thrupney

Im not surprised Ubisoft denying any knowledge of malfuction. Even tho there were some reports on this very forum (in other sections) and other platforms.

In fact the whole Uplay aka Ubisoft (Dis)Connect was acting bad often giving errors like "service not available" on login UI, or "Read from https://public-ubiservices.ubi.com/v3/profiles/sessions: (https://public-ubiservices.ubi.com/v3/profiles/sessions) timed out" in logs.
    This problem persisted for a day or two. Meanwhile everything else was working perfectly for me, various sites, software, other gaming stores, everything.
    I've traced packets loss to AWS data center where you host your services. Apparently it was blocking packets from some EMEA countries while letting others in without problems. Its not a new problem, it keeps reappearing every 3-6 months, and usually goes away in a few hours/day. But I wouldnt blame Amazon alone for this because I've never seen anything like this happening with any other site/service hosted by AWS. In my personal experience this is Uplay specific issue. And this is also not Ubisoft-wide issue either, most of the time everything else, like official site, this forum, and login on them works fine when Uplay's AWS is having "those days". Also this is not something I can fix on my end with any ammount of troubleshooting, so dont bother.

• JackFaulty
    49 posts

@ubi-mushy Since the last maintenance i have also had the described problems with Ubisoft Connect.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, appreciate your input there and sorry to hear it's been a rough path.

Our team is aware of the difficulties our players have been facing with Ubisoft Connect and have been actively working on getting it resolved.

Our apologies about the inconvenience this may have caused and if you do run into any difficulties in the future or if the same issue repeats itself, please keep us updated and we will take it from there.

Official Response

Suggested Topics