ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1296 posts

Previously, I reported a bug/glitch about the strange repetitive vanishing effect happening at the skirmish site for Coteaux de la Seine. In the video I provided for that report, I noted that the Heavy Calvary got stuck. What I didn’t realize then was that shooting a poison or fire arrow is what caused the Heavy Cavalry to get stuck, or rather, become disabled.

To confirm this, I engaged an independent Heavy Cavalry in Francia and was able to replicate the same outcome. Once he was hit with a poison or fire arrow... he shut down and took his due punishment.

For an even more interesting example, I found that the same problem applied to The Cavalier, one of the Three Nobles. This issue made killing The Cavalier really easy.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts
    Once he was hit with a poison or fire arrow... he shut down and took his due punishment. 🤣

Hello again TheNorfolkian, thanks for reporting this!

Just to be absolutely sure, can I ask if you have any stun effects enabled on that bow at all, and can you always unintentionally stun these enemies with poison and fire arrows, no matter what bow you use?

Have you been able to test this with any melee weapons that use a poison or fire effect too, or does it only work with arrows?

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-milky I do not have any stun effects or runes on my bows, and I have not tried this with melee weapons yet. I’ll do some melee testing later today if I can, but thanks for the follow-up.

• TheNorfolkian

@ubi-milky I did a quick test with poisoned melee attacks and found that it did not stop the Heavy Cavalry. If you want a video, I can provide it, but it doesn’t seem necessary since it‘s the arrow attacks that appear to be the culprit. I suspect it has something to do with the ‘explosive’ aspect of the poison and fire arrows that causes the enemy to simply shut down, as opposed to simply being poisoned or on fire. I have seen a Heavy Cavalry approach a poisoned enemy, get poisoned, and keep moving, so there is something specific with the arrow ability that is causing this issue.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

Cavalry also gets paralyzed with Thorn of Slumber arrows. The 'sleep' effect is not seen, but the enemy doesn't move at all.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 I have not experienced that. Maybe the glitch operates differently on PS4/5?

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@thenorfolkian ok, my bad. I didn't know what I saw. Probably he 'froze' because he was about to be assassinated. I checked shooting Heavy Cavalry with poison arrows, this glitch doesn't work for me.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Well, you got me thinking to try something else... I discovered that the glitch definitely does NOT work when Eivor is on foot, so it seems that this bug is really bound in Eivor being on horseback.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

@thenorfolkian Thanks for the videos and information provided. I'll forward these on to the game team in the report and if they need any further information we'll get back to you here.

Edit: They'd like to know what bow you were using just in case that makes a difference?

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-froggard The bow type does not appear to make a difference, as I've seen the same effect when using all three. It was a good idea to check that, but this problem definitely has to do with Eivor being on horseback.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

@thenorfolkian No worries, thanks for confirming. I did mention to them earlier if they can re-test on horseback as they were unable to reproduce it previously but maybe they were on foot. I'll let them know the bow doesn't make a difference for you too. Thanks again 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-froggard I’d like to report that this bug/glitch is still active as of TU 1.3.2, at least with respect to Heavy Cavalry (I already defeated The Cavalier, but I suspect that this ‘cheat’ will still work on her.)

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2885 posts

Hey @thenorfolkian ,

Thanks for the update!

The team have found the cause and are working on a fix, which is planned for release in a future patch.

When we have the patch number / date this will be, we'll let you know here.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-theberry That’s great news!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1297 posts

Glad to hear you're pleased, @thenorfolkian! From what I've just read in the investigation, it looks as if trying to reproduce the bug but on horseback was successful, so it may be that the team did not attempt this initially.

We'll keep you all updated as to when the fix for this issue will be deployed, and for now, thank you for your patience! 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-woofer I’d like to confirm that this bug/glitch has been resolved. The patch notes in TU 1.4.0 stated this issue would be fixed, and it appears that it has.

Suggested Topics