ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/14 Replies/442 Views
    jobro_06
    Original poster 7 posts

Just thought I'd post this here because I've been observing the AI and despite having played Anno 1800 many times before, I only just noticed that the AI is able to build its marketplace very far away from the main port when starting a new game. I don't know if this is normal, so I've attached a screenie below to see what any of you think about this? https://imgur.com/WxSR2Gb

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Humility925
    88 posts

@jobro_06 is it Bente Jorgensen? I know that a.i player may build a difference layout, especially Artur Gasparov and Dr. Hugo Mercier making huge difference layout from other a.i player.

• jobro_06
    Original poster 7 posts

@humility925 All of the AI's are doing it.

Anyway, my point here is that you shouldn't build the marketplace too far away from the main port because building it too prevents it from being supplied with goods due to range, which is highlighted in green right?

• menacingd
    9 posts

It doesn't work like the other Anno games, as long as it is connected with a road, it doesn't matter how far away from the dock area it is. I tend to do the same, and pile my industrial buildings closer to the shore, so when you gain access to electricity, I find it is easier to power them.

• jobro_06
    Original poster 7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • jobro_06
    Original poster 7 posts

@menacingd So, you mean the green range of the marketplace that highlights the road doesn't mean anything?

• menacingd
    9 posts

@jobro_06 It does, but has to do with the residences... if you look at the basic needs for farmers and workers, the marketplace is listed... if they are too far, you won't get the 100% bonus and won't be able to upgrade... that is true for all buildings, when you place them next to a road, the change in color shows the effective radius like police stations, churches, etc. Once you start to pave roads, the radius will increase a bit.

• jobro_06
    Original poster 7 posts

@menacingd I see, thanks for explaining all of this to me.

• Mustaafaa
    4 posts

@jobro_06 to add, once you get to artisans you can delete the market as its no longer a requisite. this also happens to other buildings once you go up...

• Humility925
    88 posts

@mustaafaa But you always need market at least one, because many goods need farmer and worker to products.

• Mustaafaa
    4 posts

@humility925 well if you have farmers and workers yes off course, but for example in one island you can completely get rid of workers and farmers and therefore wont need a market there 🙂
    Although having at least one I think it can give you a overview view of all necessities of all tiers of population on that island...

• menacingd
    9 posts

Yes, and many buildings are modular... so you can usually remove an older one and might be able to fit something a later tier of citizen needs w/o much reconfiguration.... I also tend, once I can afford to upkeep those commuter piers, to phase out farmers and workers on my main island.

• Humility925
    88 posts

my gameplay style is often self sufficient/self sustaining so basic not just main island, but almost every island are alike as if main island itself, but of course, I can't afford every island to Engineers, due resource and space are limited, so never need commuter piers much and less trade ship route that way, with dockland better chance even maybe for tiny/small island even so. Fun that way and more challenging yet can be tense as policy left no island less importian than main island, almost. And it's help cut royal tax when spread out.

I just find strange and oddly when main island only city but not other island, no town/city but factory and no one live there island if not main one, or find strange someone had to cross ocean/sea to work from/to home, at least for low income worker, maybe few rich people with aircraft can do that to manage business but not low end worker and farmer, often farmer should close or at home to do farm thing, while worker only close by, never want to go far, at least reality sense.

That is odd, why first one is dark letter and bigger? I thought I turn off bold letter. I like older forum, easier to clean up and edit.

• xn-d
    7 posts

@humility925 I'm not a big fan of commuter pier too, I find it immersion-breaking if it used for long range routes and not just for neighbour islands. As for the costs, look at how much commuter pier costs in maintenance 😄 Basically your company pays for services and ships so the worker folks can use it for free, while you as company owner get simplified logistics and possibilities in return.

Suggested Topics