Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Froschi3527
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,

I conquered an island from NPC, after that I moved the island office to another coast line, in order to shorten the distance my ships need to travel. However, I just tried to create a trading route from my largest island (right in the center of the region) to the island, but the trading route is ending in the middle of nowhere in the south at the edge of the region map.

The ship is sailing out of the map, without changing the region (it does not have to in the first place), coming back and trying to trade the goods in the middle of the sea, without a haven nearby.

I dont get this whole issue. I cannot do anything to change the ending point of the trade route, I just can place two land marks influencing the route, but it always ends on this certain point at the edge of the map.

Might this be related to the latest update?

I dont know if you get my problem, in case not I could try to provide some printscreens or something similiar....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RTWPA
    4 posts
  • Froschi3527
    Original poster 3 posts

@rtwpa Yes exactly. Thanks for providing the screenshot. 🙂

• Froschi3527
    Original poster 3 posts

So is there anyone from official side who knows anything? Is this forum post considered a bug report? Will this be investigated?

still persisting problem, game is hard w/o trading routes.

• throbb2000
    1 posts

@froschi3527 Same issue here with an island I conquered, the trade route seems to think the island in in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the map.

• Elestothen
    2 posts

@froschi3527 same after I conquered an NPC island in the Old World. I have a weird behaior of ships:

• the trade routes won't go to the closest harbour of that conquered island. After changing the route point, the route once changed itselft to a nowhere point on the map where it got stuck with the loading/waiting icon on top of it.
    • a trade route coming from the New World did not follow the desire path once coming in the Old World, and sometimes the route get stuck at the bottom of the map and the ship goes back to the New World (if not destroyed by the another NPC island on the way...)
  • Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 277 posts

Hey guys, thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention.

I can see that there are a couple of threads about this, therefore so that we could proceed and forward the information over, could someone possibly provide us with a save file in which issue occurs?

For more information on how to locate it, click the following link. Once found, upload it to any external file sharing website and send the link over to us when you will have a chance.

Official Response
  • Loosey_Fur
    1 posts

@ubi-karl Hi

This is the link to my save file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_-IJH9-DSoKp5sEwHihkIZh-XfKyJ53V/view?usp=sharing

Trade route between Ditchwater and Jade Fountain ends up in the middle of the ocean.

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @Loosey_Fur, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to forums! 🙂

Your save file will be with .a7s extension, so we would only need sending that, if possible.

Official Response
  • LeonMichiels
    1 posts

@ubi-karl

Here's mine,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19H66XAP9PFJUJMIiFaFxhyXDFeairjE_/view?usp=sharing

I placed a loading dock on the Brightwater beach nearest to Ditchwater.

Ships on traderoutes from Ditchwater to Bright Sands can not find the loading dock on that beach at Bright Sands. Instead, I see them ending up here:

undefined

Ships can find loading docks when placed on the other two beaches at Bright Sands, however will still not go to that loading dock on the nearest beach.

I can use that loading dock for ships when trading manually,

so seems to be pathfinding issue for ship behaviour?

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @LeonMichiels!

Much appreciated and I can confirm that this has been forwarded to our development team accordingly.

Should you have any queries or if you run into any other difficulties, let us know and we will be happy to take a look!

Official Response
  • Epsylium
    1 posts

Would other save game presenting the same issue be of any use? I had the same problem and found a save where the Office/Harbor hasn't been moved and I do not have the trade route issue whereas if I move the office/harbor, my routes circle around the source island without ever reaching the destination.

?

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey @epsylium,

Other save files presenting the issue would always be welcome,

If you are experiencing any differences it would also be great if you could share a video with us?

Many thanks

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics