ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

I’ve finished all the hunters but I did so on mostly normal difficulty. They are a great challenging enemy.

Is there any way to respawn them to try them on harder difficulty or with different tactics?

Are Hunters the same or harder than random Rogue Agents? The Rogues seem easier than the Hunters.

I guess there’s the hunter in the Schaffer mission?

And the Summit 100th floor? (I haven’t got to that yet)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    985 posts

Hunter's, in my opinion, are about twice as strong as Rogue Agents and twice as fun to fight. I wish the Heroic difficulty was AI closer to theirs, without all the dumb added Sponge.

Sadly, I don't believe you can respawn them.

Here is to hoping they revive Codename Nightmare with the new team, and that it truly was about using Kenley to stage a new Hunter focused mission/event/mode.

While I'm wishing for unlikely things: let's have random Hunters spawn in the LZ that actually hunt/fight you, as well as in the DZ at extractions. Let's also allow us to jump to floor 100 of the Summit if we just want a Hunter fight.

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight

Some additional Hunter content would definitely be welcome. I guess I could create another character at some point - boost it and get to level 40 - and then borrow gear from my main character to replay the hunters.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@latenitedelight

While I agree that hunters' tactics and skills deployed make the fight interesting, the absolute sponge is just too much, crossed well the line of reasonable. Not to mention the annoying spawn mechanic.
    Yes, they are harder than rogues because of the added sponginess, probably double of the rogues. But I guess it depends on the difficulty setting too.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11

Yeah, I made the mistake of trying to take a hunter on Challenging and I think I chipped away at his first armor bar before he put me down. LOL. On Normal they are almost too easy, but as you point out, the spawn mechanic is so tedious for most of them, that you don't want to risk having to redo it, so it's best to just play them on Normal.

I guess the Rogues are a more interesting enemy as they are challenging and you can win those on the harder difficulty settings.

What triggers random Rogue encounters? I sometimes get them after clearing a CP, sometimes on a Summit floor, and once in a blue moon in the open world. Is there something I can do to trigger more of them?

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@virtual-chris

Yep, not reasonable at all to empty 6 AR extended magazines on a 5 red core build to remove one armor bar. Seems over the top between damage received vs damage delivered.

Have no clue re. rogues spawn, seems pretty random... Noticed that let's say you do three CPs, there is high chance the 4th one will have rogues at the end. Yesterday I did the invaded missions and they spawned in the Tidal Basin (last of 5 missions).
    Probably another kind of RNG, feeding from what you are doing, difficulty, how many kills and how fast... etc. the game decides to throw you a challenge.

• LateNiteDelight
    985 posts

Hunter's hit way harder than Rogue Agents. With my PfE build, I can circle a Rogue Agent punching them to death. With the Hunter's, they can strip my armor in a full mag [or Axe].

I don't find their sponge that much higher, but then they also have crazy body armor and are some kind of experimental super soldier.. my brain can accept it somehow - doubly so because the fights are interesting and challenging, requiring frequent repositioning and good timing unless you cheese it. If you want it over fast, use Pestilence.

Agreed most were super annoying to spawn though.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

I'm not nostalgic for most of Div 1 (aside from the environment), but much prefer the way Hunters were used in that game. They would randomly spawn during a Underground mission and could one-shot melee kill you. Given how tight some of those levels were, that added to the tension. Similarly, taking one on in Survival when you only had blue/purple weapons was 😰

• echolecter
    222 posts

Once completed you cannot re-spawn the hunters, only join other players that still can. Personally I'm fine with that. I do find them quiet annoying and over the top with their rapid-fire cannons, running around with portable concrete bunkers, and i-know-what-you-are-going-to-do game play mode. For me any form of realism disappears with these NPCs, even when out of sight they track you, and drop their skills right next to you (obstacles or not). Probably also shoot right through them as well, for fact have seen firefly go straight through the wall in summit.

In TD1 they were indeed so much better, still (very) hard to take down but by using skill and tactics you could, and shield stopped them doing any damage. In this game it all doesn't matter anymore and I always compare it to legendary mission in TD1 where as a group all NPCs could simply run toward a group and wipe by just touching all players, which is ridiculous. Any comment on the Bullet Sponges will most likely be censored so I refrain from doing that ... I always thought they preferred not to use that anymore.

• tcarlisle2012
    170 posts

In my view, there hasn't been a hunter fight that I would want to replay. In addition to the high armor, and the high damage output, they also pretty much have unlimited skills to spam -- and they can disable your skills. For me, that isn't fun.

But, yeah, once you do them you are done. Unless you spin up a new character, or try to group with someone who hasn't done them yet.

I have seen them spawn during the seasons while doing manhunt bounties and I think a control point, but pretty much as soon as you to damage they de-spawn.

• LateNiteDelight
    985 posts

Yeah, if you're a skill build person, Hunter's suck.

As a gun 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person, they're the only true gun battle opponent, imho. Everything else is just chaos management cannon fodder. Named Elites and Rogue Agents are a half way step, but they lack any real semblance of tactics. Some of the Manhunt Rogue Agents put up a good fight though.

I'd rather dump 3-4 mags into a Hunter, than into a dozen+ boring enemies.

• Virtual-Chris

@tcarlisle2012

As I mentioned, I did them mostly on Normal difficulty and in most cases, it wasn’t even a fight. Especially the solo hunters. I had the enormous advantage of knowing where they spawn and could camp it with the Scorpio and they were dead in 5 seconds.

I regret that now. I wish I had tried more of them on higher difficulty and if it took me multiple attempts to defeat them, that would be ok … although the onerous spawn mechanics would have become frustrating.

You can make the Hunters as easy or as challenging as you like. I wish I had a chance to them more challenging. 🙂

Suggested Topics