• MaNiSc09
    5 posts

Had a similar problem, restarting UPlay fixed the problem for me

• Diego_the_best
    9 posts

@manisc09

Still nothing ☹

Unable to start the game.
    This product cannot be activated right now, please try again later.

Other games like Far Cry 5 working just fine.

• HIPE172
    12 posts

C mon Ubisoft fix your [censored] game wake up !!

• ReinStenvaag
    6 posts

Been having this problem since launch of the DLC yesterday. Even an hour before the launch time though, I was able to play perfectly fine. No computer settings changed, didnt even restart my PC. Just logged out of the game, updated for the DLC, and tried to restart.

This is the same message I've been getting. And I too am an Ubisoft+ Subscriber.
    I contacted support, and they are literally giving me copy/pasted "solutions" that I did 5 times before I even contacted them, and all obviously without any success or I wouldnt have contacted them.

I read in another forum post somewhere about this same problem with this specific DLC, people indicated that other Ubisoft games available through Ubisoft+ run into the same problems when they have free to play weekends. SO clearly, either Ubisoft DOESNT know how to manage their own games store, OR they are trying to intentionally lock people who were playing the game already through their subscription service, out of the game to force them to buy it fully.

I am reinstalling the Ubisoft Connect launcher for the 3rd time right now. I'll reinstall Anno for the 5th time. My modem/gateway has been rebooted for the 3rd time and I have no independent router. IF it doesnt work, I cancel my Ubisoft+, I cancel my sons, my nephews, and my fiances accounts, all that I pay for. And I delete Anno 1404, 2070 and 2205, as well as my Assassins Creed games. Because after 20 hours of fighting with this.. I am just tired of doing nothing but trying to fix it when all I wanted to do was sit down and play a nice game of Anno, when no settings and details about my pc changed in the first place to cause the issue, while Ubisoft continue to treat me like I'm an idiot and their [censored] dont stink and the problem is VERY clearly on their stores end.

Honestly.. I'd like to see a representative of Ubi try and explain it away. 10 minutes till judgement, the install bar climbs.

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno Dev Team Community Developer 332 posts

I can confirm that we're aware of the issue for Ubisoft+ subscribers and currently investigating it. As soon as we have news, we'll let you know.

Official Response
  • IntenseIntents5
    5 posts

@reinstenvaag no point in reinstalling, the issue is clearly with the launcher. I can add languages and it downloads them just fine. Files get verified just fine, he even syncs achievements when he starts. It just gets stuck on your Ubisoft+ license.

• paburro
    1 posts

Screenshot is self explanatory.

undefined

EDIT: I cannot see the screenshot posted here, so here's the error message:

Unable to start the game
    This product cannot be activated right now, please try again later.

• AllYourBees
    1 posts

@paburro
    I've got the same issue. Hopefully it's fixed soon..?

• Archaeology12
    1 posts

Yep I am having the same problem

• aabreur
    9 posts

@paburro

I think this is related to being a subscriber on ubisoft+ and HighLife DLC release rather than the free week stuff.
    I was playing with no issues 1 hour before release yesterday, then it started exactly on DLC launch.
    Not sure what is happening, but anyways cannot launch the game anymore also....

frustrating...

• ReinStenvaag
    6 posts

Actually it is likely the free week. Many players have commented in other threads that the same problems have happened for other games offered on Ubi+ when given a free week/weekend of play. The reason it can be assumed to be the DLC, is that the DLC hit, and the free week, were announced at the same time. But right now, everything on our (us users) end is pointing at the free week having screwed with the permissions of Ubi+ subscribers.

• aabreur
    9 posts

@reinstenvaag
    It is a shame how support will try to blame your local files, there is no point in reinstalling the game. Error is on their side - so they'll probably need to release a new update or change some flag on their servers.
    Anno 1800 is a great game itself, we all know that. But Ubisoft online services are another story.
    I pay 2x subscriptions in my home to get some multiplayer also, got some days off this week to play the new DLC a little bit and then...

I think subscribers should get the cosmetic DLCs as compensation.

• DJ_Hecke
    1 posts

@tsarziki Same issue. Got the subscription only for this game. Not very nice.

• aabreur
    9 posts

In any case the game should be working fine. Being a recurrent error is terrible, seems like it will haunt us again.
    Time to respond to this specific event is also a shame, I have posted this issue on twitter 20 hours ago. Since then we got only some apparently failed hotfixes attempts.

• menacingd
    9 posts

I brought this up last night to support via chat, and had to go through a bunch of hoops showing it wasn't local... then this morning, same thing (they asked me to repeat steps), down to proving to them with a screenie that I had port forwarding enabled (which annoyed me, made me feel like they thought I was lying). My Ubisoft Connect has constantly tried to download the two updates; I am glad I am not on a metered connection.

Pretty disappointed with the support, hope this isn't par for the course.

• aabreur
    9 posts

Going through the forums seems like not only subscribers are having issues. Apparently season 3 owners didnt got the DLC also. At this point I am asking myself if there is anyone able to play this DLC 🤣
    I got the subscription only for this game 🤡 , so very disappointed with response time. I have reported this to support almost at the same time it started happening ( 6PM CEST - https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-12/: (https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-12) )

Also commented on twitter since at that time support was not being honest:

• Isabel_Ringing
    10 posts

Having the same issues. Performed multiple installs - the 2GB and the 400MB - shut down and restart Ubisoft Connect multiple times. No text, no way to play.

• PakGatsu
    1 posts

Same problem here

• ReinStenvaag
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics