ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

HP bonus at Captain Ibrahim is not working. Healing work fine. Not sure about Damage from Ships bonus.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2678 posts

Really appreciate you pointing that out, @sjefdeglyve - I've gone ahead and passed on your report and screenshots to our devs to investigate further. You're a star, thanks so much 🙂

Official Response
  • sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thank you fore report. I was very happy when I saw in https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-12-1/: (https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-12-1) fix The “+20% Hitpoints” effect from Captain Ibrahim now affects ships when equipped in the item slot. But it is not correct. Captain Ibrahim was redesigned and now the HP are just for few sec whe you activate him, not when you equíiped him. So it should be fine fix the change log and add to description When activated above the Generates a Shield on the ship, even druing combat.

As well skill descritpion should be little bit better

Thank you again

• sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

Activated Ibrahim

• sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

And last point, it is not shield just temporary HP bonus. It just increase ship HP by 20% from basic ship HP and when it worn off you get -20% from basic ship HP. Any damage you get while shield is activated is not absorbed. So here is no benefit in this skill. 30 sec HP bonus which cover no damage? Really it is fix of orignal +20% HP bonus? I don't think so. I know it is not your fault. But as I can see last update and how many problems it made I have to say that I am really upset. This was great game but your team should focus on fix it and after it make new paid content.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@sjefdeglyve Thank you for getting back to us, I have looked into this issue and it is now working as intended to have the activated effect +20% of Hit Points with 30 sec duration and 1 min cooldown.

I am happy to pass any feedback you have on to the game team though.

Thank you and if you need anything else please let us know.

• sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-viral Hello I am not sure if you get the point. Skill name is bad and this is not shield, just temporary HP boost with no use in the game. You really want replace +20% HP effect as it was described first with something what have no benefit in the game? Because if you have +20% HP from Basic ship HP and you lose them after 30 sec what it change? For example I will have last 100 HP, activate shield and get 400 HP boost, get 240 dmg and restore 100 HP via active healing. When the "shield" worn off ship wil be destroyed, because you run out of HP. Really as intended?

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @sJEFdeGlyve, appreciate your feedback there!

The damage that you will receive will always be firstly affecting the shield and your base HP of the ship will be left for the last, therefore our team has clarified the description of the attribute so that there would be less confusion going forward, however I do understand that you do not necessarily like the idea of the proposed change and will forward it over together with the rest of the feedback you've provided earlier to us.

If you do happen to have any further questions or if you run into any other difficulties, let us know!

Official Response
  • sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-karl Hello Karl, I am not sure if I am describe it well as english is not my main language. As you describe it I understand that shield give you protection bubble which absorb some dmg. But this is not how it work at this moment.

How it work now: Fight start you have ship with 2000 HP and activate +20% HP bonus. Your HP is at start of fight 2400 HP. You get 300dmg while the shield is up. When shield worn off you will have ship with 1700 HP. Shield cover nothing because it just do one thing +20% of ship maximum HP and -20% of ship maximum HP when it worn off. Here i see no use in the "shield". If it will be that I get 450dmg while shield is up and after 30 sec I will have ship with 1950 HP here is some logic in it.

I hope it is clear now.

• Ubi-Karl

Appreciate your detailed input there @sJEFdeGlyve and I now know exactly what you're referring to.

Dou you possibly happen to have a save file which you could share with us for reproduction purposes? It should be by default located in %userprofile%\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts

Let us know!

Official Response
  • sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-karl I will purchase one Ibrahim for you and upload you save file before fight, during fight and after fight. So you will get whole data you need.

Screens

Save before fight
    https://serunavas.cz/Ibrahim.a7s: (https://serunavas.cz/Ibrahim.a7s)

When shield worn off
    https://serunavas.cz/Ibrahim2.a7s: (https://serunavas.cz/Ibrahim2.a7s)

You can see that while i have shield, i got one hit from big bethy so from 6000 HP it was 5637 HP, active healing provide little HP boost and when shield worn off 4714 instead 5000 HP remaining.

Thak you for your patience

sJEF

• sJEFdeGlyve
    Original poster 19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Karl

Great stuff there - much appreciated!

After having a closer look with the team at your screenshots and files sent regarding Captain Ibrahim and his perks during combat, I can indeed confirm that the current mechanic does work as intended.

See, the confusion might come from due to lower HP once you leave/conclude the combat, as the 20% HP bonus is also being taken away right after. Essentially, the bonuses Ibrahim offers are similar to 'bullet sponge' mechanic, where whilst in combat, his ship is able to soak up more damage than what the base stats offer. Hopefully this makes sense.

If you happen to have any further queries on this, get back to us and we will be happy to look into it for you! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics