ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Un1corn1978
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi all,
    I bought high life and activated it on one of my saves yesterday but I don't have orchards? So I'm pretty stuck as I can't make chewing gum!

Any ideas? Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2677 posts

Hey, @un1corn1978 , welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear you've not been able to access orchards on your newly upgraded save file - that's most unusual!

Can you have a look at our troubleshooting guide for me? In particular, please make sure you've verified the game files, and you are running Ubisoft Connect and Anno 1800 with admin rights - this makes sure the game has all the files and permissions it needs to properly apply the update.

If that doesn't work, can you tell me if you've been able to access the other features of the update? Is it just orchards which seem to be missing?

Looking forward to your response 😎

Official Response
  • Un1corn1978
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-thrupney thanks for the reply!

I've done all the trouble shooting, verifying files, starting as administrator etc and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game.. Unfortunately nothing worked and orchards remained locked and it was suggested that I buy tourists. I bought it as I couldn't progress with high life without the orchards.

Wish I had known this beforehand as I wouldnt have bought it knowing I needed a previous dlc.

• Bouboutt
    1 posts

@un1corn1978
    I have the same issue. I don't have orchards in High life DLC (i dont have tourist dlc).

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out!

You will need around 1,300 tourists, in order to have Orchards available to be built in New World.

Can I just check whether you happen to have such number already?

Official Response
  • xxctng
    1 posts

Hello. So I’ve just unlocked chewing gum for investors but I can’t build cinnamon in the new world for production. I know that I need orchard, but I don’t have it either. I have 3000 tourists in my city but not The Tourists DLC, do I need one? Can someone help? Thanks.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey there @xxctng ,

Thank you for reaching out!

An Orchard is indeed required in the New World to be able to produce Cinnamon.

The Orchard is available in Tourist Season and High Life, so if you have the High Life DLC, you'll be alright, otherwise one of them will be required to continue.

If there's anything more we can answer, please let us know!

Official Response
  • king_kege
    1 posts

I have the same issue. I only have the High Life DLC and cannot build Orchards in the new world. I have over 4000 visitors in the public mooring and i have over 10000 investors. but now i cannot upgrade to level 3 skyscraper because of the missing orchard.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1693 posts

@king_kege To help take a closer look over this with the team, would you be able to provide either a video clip or screenshot of the prerequisites met and the Orchards still missing?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno Dev Team Community Developer 251 posts

Just to confirm: No further information required, we're investigating the issue right now.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Valazyrka
    2 posts

I can't build the orchards with the high life DLC.
    Buy only the high life DLC (I did not buy tourist DLC) and I cannot produce cinnamon, citrus or camphor, I need help.

• sJEFdeGlyve
    19 posts

@valazyrka Each DCL unlock specific things so you will need to buy rest of DCL.

• Valazyrka
    2 posts

@sjefdeglyve The DLCs are independent, the orchards needed for the production of chewing gum (and other products) are supposed to come with the DLC itself, I didn't want to buy the DLC Tourists, I don't like it

• Asterix201252
    345 posts

@sjefdeglyve
    While it is true that the various DLCs have each unlocked different new features, they have always been independent up till now (at least as far as I remember). I am pretty sure that this is the first time that any DLC has effectively been unplayable if you don't have one of the earlier ones. In fact, I seem to remember one or two posts on the old forum where somebody had suggested something but the devs said "No" because it would create a dependency on an earlier DLC.
    Although I do have both of these DLCs and don't have a problem, I think that an urgent patch is needed so that people with High Life only can actually play it.

• ReplicantB26354
    3 posts

@ubi-thorlof Same, no Docklands, or Tourism, only Seasons 1,2, and High Life DLC unplayable since I can't make chewing gum.

• ReplicantB26354
    3 posts

@asterix201252 Absolutely, need a quick fix. I'm in the same boat. No Tourism DLC, can't make chewing gum... Completely shut down from advancing beyond level 2 skyscrapers.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@replicantb26354 Hey! At the moment we are investigating this issue. Thank you for getting in touch.

• oceaniatn
    1 posts

@ubi-viral any chance there has been a resolution to this? been experiencing the same issue. thanks

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @oceaniatn, thanks for reaching out there and welcome to forums!

We're currently still waiting for further information regarding this, therefore apologies if this may have been taking a little longer than anticipated and appreciate you for bearing with us for the time being.

Official Response
  • strasnij
    1 posts

Hi @ubi-viral !
    How is going to fix this issue? I'm also stuck and can't make chewing gum.

Suggested Topics