ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

Just had great problems setting up a route to pick up oil. The probable cause: the port was close to the edge of the New World map. System then placed the access point for the route aprox. in the centre of the map, tankers went there and waited to be loaded. Meanwhile in the old World the residents fled town in the dark. Reset the route and all the waiting tankers decided to head empty to Old world. So I attempted to have my spare tanker pick up a quick load. Told him where to go and off it went. The game, not the tanker. In plain english: CTD.

Is all that part of the latest update? I mean, my first impression of the update was quite good, fps improved considerably. But new hassles setting up a line I don´t realy need.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Sure sounds like you've had a heck of a time trying to set up an oil route, @alterkauz28 - thanks very much for your post about this.

I'd like to report this to our teams to look into this further. Before I do so, can I ask you to do a couple of things for me, that would really help us out with an investigation?

• Can you make sure to verify your game files, to make sure the update went ahead as it should, and all the files are there?
    • Does the same thing happen again if you try to create the same route? If so, it'd be very useful to have screenshots showing where the port was, and where the access point ended up.

Thanks again for your help with this. Let me know if I can clarify anything with these two requests.

Official Response
  • alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Sorry, can´t be of much help. Just spent my early morning hour of game trying to verifying my game files but doing nothing less than going around circles looking for an arrow to click... Starting the game I can report the following: Built ID is 12.0.1030895 and in game-options I found X11 activated. Changed that to X12 and attemted to recreate the problem. Here at least I was successfull: moving the port back to its original position created the same issues with the routing. The map under consideration of course is the New World and there it is in the very nord corner. For the game this seems to be a tricky corner at best, for I remember having had issues in that corner bevore. (Some game-updates back and in an old game I had several diving spots there that I could not reach.) Back to the current issue: I did attempt to take screen-shots, but I can´t find them.

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-thrupney

no peace on this subject. Just conquered another island in the new world (named it Cordoba), this time in the southern corner of the map. After settling on it I set up a new tradingroute only to discover a little later, that here the ship was hanging at the border of the map. It did load at a first port on an island nearby but could not make it to Cordoba. Info: I did switch back to DirectX 11 as the game as a whole works smoother this way. In one thing I was successful: I managed to find the screenprints.. Here they are:

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Change the topic to "Issue with access to conquered islands!

Please take note that I am realy cheesed up with the game now. With the latest update you destroyed a game I love and have played for "centuries".

Just attempted for several hours to solve the issue with my "Cordoba" island mentioned in my post with the screenshots. It is absolutely impossible to get any trading route working to this island. I went even as far as completely destroying everything I had on the island in order to vaccate it and then reposess it anew. Since the game remembered the name I gave to the island on the first place, it obviously didn´t "forgett" that I owned it once. Went through that twice, even leaving the game in between and restart it.

Sorry! Scream!!!!!!

Let me know when the game is functional again - you got a email to contact me anyway. Or else let me know where I get my money back - all of it, not just for the latest DLC for you destroyed all of it.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @alterKauz28, appreciate you for providing us with further details regarding this and I am sorry to hear about the frustration this has caused to you so far.

I can see that you have provided us with some screenshots, which will be very useful for reproduction purposes. Additionally, could you possibly also provide us with your save file for this game? For more information on how to locate it on your PC, click the following link. If you could use any external file sharing website, send the link over to us and we will then forward details over to our development team accordingly.

Should you have any queries in the meantime, let us know!

Official Response
  • alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-karl

Thanks for taking care - you guys even work sundays!?

latest file: (https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/ZlrFIoIn/file.html) Here I recreated the issue once again. Moved the port to the other side of Cordoba, but ship attempted to find the port more or less at the same faulty spot as shown on first screenprint. The tradingroute under consideration is named TEST..... Also, on occasions ship appeard to be waiting off the map...

As mentioned bevore I had the same issue with the oil-port at the northernmost island. There however I could solve the problem by moving the port to a shore far off the edge of the map. Here at Cordoba there is little shore available and all seems to be too close the end of the map to offer any helpful spot for the port.

File from this morning´s session: (https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/NePpiqIF/file.html) I would hope that this file matches the screenprints posted.

And some old file : (https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/cwy0oHCF/file.html)in case you need to compare something.

Please note that most likely I will not be able to read/answer to this post till next weekend.

• Ubi-Karl

Appreciate your swift response @alterKauz28 and we do it all day, every day 👷 😬!

I've attempted to access links to your save files however it seems that the file sharing website is down at the moment as I wasn't able to access the main page either, so I will give it another go in a few hours and will update accordingly 🙂 .

EDIT: It appears that I am still unable to access it, therefore could you possibly upload it to any other website instead?

Official Response
  • alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-karl

try this: (https://ufile.io/f/d50cm)

But just now I was also able to access the earlier posts. However Kaspersky complains about "dangereous" items on that website so some safety-app on your side my prevent access.

• Ubi-Karl

Great stuff @alterKauz28, I have managed to download it and can confirm that all the information provided has now been forwarded to our development team for further review 🙂 .

Thank you for all of your communication and if you do happen to run into any other difficulties, let us know and we will gladly take a look!

Official Response
  • mmrnmhrm00
    5 posts

So I've encountered some wierd bug that only happens when I'm trying to set trade route to a specific island.

I've bought Season Pass 3 (I already had 1 and 2) and decided to play a campaign with all the DLCs I have. It was going smoothly for awhile (some citizen quests didn't start, but restarting the game usually fixed that), but then something strange happened: I captured that one island (eastmost one on the screenshot, I'm playing green) from AI with an assault, tried to set up trade routes to it, but the trade route point ends up somewhere in the ocean instead of island's harbour (green route on the screenshot is the one you expect and also the one showed on the map, red one is what you actually get). Ships get stuck there, can't load/unload and eventually are beign attacked by enemy AI or pirates. Charter ships to that island just never appear, or I couldn't find them, but the goods aren't transferred.
    I tried it with different routes, different ships and so on, but it looks like this particular island's coordinates are bugged somehow. It is possible to continue this campaign without using this island, but it'll be a bit complicated since exit to the Old World is located at South-East of the map.
    Searching the forum and reddit for similar bugs didn't give any fruits, but maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.

I believe examining the save file will give much more information on this bug, but the forum doesn't allow me to attach it. Please let me know how could I send it to the developers.

• mmrnmhrm00
    5 posts

Just found this topic few moments after I created my own with what seems to be the same issue: island's coordinates are messed up for conquered islands and it's impossible to set any trade routes to it. At least in New World, though, it works fine in Africa.

You can download my savefile here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLTxCr_GWkcP46U-QFzHbudFZ9btbwf_/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLTxCr_GWkcP46U-QFzHbudFZ9btbwf_/view?usp=sharing)
    The broken island is the eastmost one on the New World map (I'm playing green). The green route is the one you expect, and the red one is what you actually get if you try to set up any trade routes there.

• mmrnmhrm00
    5 posts

So my save file can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLTxCr_GWkcP46U-QFzHbudFZ9btbwf_/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLTxCr_GWkcP46U-QFzHbudFZ9btbwf_/view?usp=sharing)
    There's paused clipper in the New World assigned to broken trade route.

I also found something interesting: some people mentioned that moving the harbor to a different shore of a broken island fixes the issue. I tried that at it was fine at first, but somehow the coordinates on another island ended up in the middle of it instead of the harbor (see the screenshot). And the distance and the direction between this new broken point the old broken point are quite similar to those between the old and the new harbor's locations. I assume that there are some coordinates offset for "trading point" of each harbor, and it ends up with incorrect values (probably all zeroes) when the island is conquered.

• Ca3da3123
    2 posts

I have this issue as well, and I do not understand why. It only happens to certain islands in the game, and moving the harbor only fixes it for one time then my ship goes to the middle of the ocean. The game is unplayable like this and it seems like a common game breaking bug. DX11 and DX12 have no change, I read somewhere that was the issue.

• Ca3da3123
    2 posts

There seems to be a large number of people with this issue, there is no work around, no fix, nothing else you can do. And this ruins the game, its not like I can just keep playing, it doesn't go away and it happens in every game I play after a certain point. It only seems to happen on conquered Islands, but you cant play on the say little islands you start with. Like I said, its a game breaking bug that I will not be playing until its fixed as I would imagine many people would.

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

Just wondering, @mmrnmhrm00 , have you attempted to place the port in a different harbout of that island? The reason I ask is that with my very first trouble-island I could "successfully solve the issue" by moving the oil-port to a beach far away from the edge of the map. Now I want to relevate "successfully solve the issue" for having to move the port around the island till it suits the game is all but a clumsy attempt of saving the day and the game.

@ubisoft: can we expect a patch soon? Or do you recommend finding another game in the meantime?

• mmrnmhrm00
    5 posts

@alterkauz28 I did, but the results were strange: broken islands trade point just moved right in the middle of one of my other island (the southmost one) and ships kept going around it in circles unable to reach their destination. Maybe it's different with oil harbors.
    Also, conquered islands in Africa and the Old World are working fine for me, somehow only New Worlds is affected.

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

Now here is a nice challenge for everyone:
    After having been offline for four days I thought, I better give it just one more go. Perhaps, just by chance, the charter-lines would work and I could make use of the island. They did! And while waiting on them doing their thing I thought I just have one more go at a normal trading line. Now I just hope it´s not simply a sweet dream I weak up from tomorrow. But: IT WORKS! Even the Ship from my very first screenshot know finds the island and is doing it on still the same trading route. Amazing! Did ubisoft fix it? I dought it, for I still have the same built ID I had at the beginn of this thread. Perhaps the captains simply needed some peace to update their GPS-Data? Who knows.

But just because I can play now (for how long???) the issue is by no means solved. If a probleme comes and goes just like that some programmers may - or better: should - have a sleeples night or two catching that beast!

• alterKauz28
    Original poster 24 posts

To continue this saga:

The dream about my island "Cordoba" truly functioning is only partly sweet. Unfortunately it still has some aspects of a nightmare.

Placing the oil-port and a loadingdock at the west-beach quicksmart upset all trading routes again. Moving the oil-port to the eastcoast and deleting the loadingdock solved the problem. But I must send all ship the long way around the island.

Just after this I noticed a Great Eastern on the Cape - Map following a strange path along the edge of the map. Not expecting I boat there I made some inquiries: the ship was returning empty from the Old World to the New. Had no business whatsoever to be at Trelaweny. Whilst the greyisch lines led me to believe the ship would go all along the south-western edge of the map all of a sudden the captain decided to turn and head towards his proper target. - Yes, logbook and screenshots can be provieded upon request.

Dear friends at ubisoft: get rid of all the rum and beer on the captains decks and perhaps on some other places too and fix those GPS! The sooner the better. Just imagine one of the ship falling of the plate and breaking. The captians wellfare-league (of which I am a non-paying member) will be after you.

• SS.Thrash
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue with trade routes acting all janky and messed up with no logic.

Here's a couple of reddit threads from people having the same issue-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/pirn1e/anyone_else_having_trade_route_bugs/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/phrzqs/issue_with_trade_route/

I've tried the following-
    -Letting AI conquer the island then purchasing through shares. No fix.
    -Letting AI conquer the island then reconquering. No fix.
    -Multiple restarts. No fix.
    -Multiple verifying files. No fix.
    -Both playing modded and non-modded playthrough. Bug still happens. No fix.
    -Modifying the routes, only to determine it's SOMEHOW related to the specific island and being conquered. No fix.
    -Moving ports to basically every single possible tile on the island to see if it sorts itself out. No fix.
    -Swapping Dx11 to 12 and back again doing most, if not all, above attempts. No fix.

This is a pretty game breaking bug as I can't move resources around to where they're demanded which bricks a playthrough.

Please fix asap.

Suggested Topics