Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gremlin-Cursed
    Original poster 50 posts

There's no crouch. Wow. You are forced to stand up and expose yourself to potential threats. The closest thing to it is Cover, and that is really, really weird: Objects behind which one may take cover have related overlays. Great. So, I crouch (cover) behind a car. Moving the mouse around, I see Cover overlays on nearby objects. Here's the weird part: I highlight a desired cover object and try a variety of keys, the Spacebar symbol accomplishing nothing more than making me stand up and expose myself. I can't find a key that will make my character sprint to the indicated cover, so I have to stand up and amble over there, vulnerable the entire time.

I can't find any manual or tutorials, so how am I supposed to figure these things out when they are not detailed in Bindings?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@gremlin-cursed

This game came out in March 2016 and it was quite popular. There are countless guides, tutorials, walkthroughs and other helping materials on the internet...
    Just google The Division 1 guide, FFS...

And you bought it without looking up what you are buying?!

• Gremlin-Cursed
    Original poster 50 posts

@adrian-11
    Trollish comments are neither solicited nor appreciated. Keep your smart-[censored] comments to yourself if you're not actually disposed to assist. I looked up enough determine that the game was of interest to me, and as for resorting to Google as a first resort to learn what should be included in a manual or an in-game tutorial is lame and stupid. It is the height of incompetence for programmers to fail to fully document their applications--it's lazy and non-professional, and when I was learning to code, if I had failed to adequately document an assignment, I would have earned a zero on it. Silly of me to expect competence and professionalism.

• CorTeZ667
    13 posts

@gremlin-cursed Sounds like you got killed really fast the second you went for a stroll through the winter wonderland (probably more then once and in rapid succession). We've all been there, it can be frustrating as all heck. Even more so when we feel like we should have been able to do X, Y, or Z to avoid being killed but for whatever reason couldn't.

I logged in on my x-box account, and I'll be damned if I could find the tutorial section. Basically I just wanted to chime in with that, it's really weird, and not something I noticed before. Did you do the little training session at the start of the game, before you get to Midtown? It was kind of a while ago, but I know that showed how to take cover, so it seems like it would have gone over cover-to-cover movement as well. As for having to expose yourself to enemy fire, either your exiting cover rather then aiming (you'll poke your gun over or around the cover), or you are aiming like normal, in which case your gripe is with evolution and how physics work (and maybe with human anatomy as well) and not with the Dev's.

I don't play on PC, but I found a link to this in the first search result when I typed in "Division 1 Keyboard Controls". Keep at it, it's pretty rewarding when you are able to win a fight (the NPCs will still make you feel frustrated, though, nothing to be done about that). Cheers.

PC Controller.png

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2846 posts

@Gremlin-Cursed I'm sorry that there is not a detailed description in the bindings menu or in the basic tutorial at the beginning of the game. I will forward your feedback on to The Division team.

@cortez667 Thanks for your post and including screenshots of the controls.

Official Response
  • davidhines1
    19 posts

@ubi-keo there is info in the basic tutorial in brooklyn in division 1 but there was no tutorial about sprinting from cover into cover iirc. not sure about a tutorial in division 2 - i dont remember one anyway.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1383 posts

@davidhines1 Thank you for letting us know this, we will pass this information on.

Official Response
  • Gremlin-Cursed
    Original poster 50 posts

@cortez667 Sorry, but this one slipped my mind for a while. I'd reached the level cap before I'd even finished episode one, and I've almost gotten used to the automatic covering. I'd much rather that taking cover wasn't automatic, as it annoyingly keeps kicking in either while attempting to pass through a narrow doorway or entering a vehicle.

…and there is a crouch…of sorts. I'm used to presenting a lower profile when crouching than I can get in this game. I just couldn't detect the stance difference when I started this game. It also took me a while to understand that going prone was more readily accomplished by tapping the key rather than mashing it.

• HaywardGG
    87 posts
    ... It also took me a while to understand that going prone was more readily accomplished by tapping the key rather than mashing it.

Wait, you can go prone in Division 2 ? When did they add that and how do I accomplish it ?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Thank you everyone for the feedback you have provided on how you found the tutorials in-game and thank you for the images of keybindings you have provided for our other players.

As this is something that is not a Player Support topic and more of a feedback on controls and lack of crouch mechanic, I will move this thread to our General Discussion area, thank you.

Official Response
  • Gremlin-Cursed
    Original poster 50 posts

@gremlin-cursed I apologize sincerely; I confused this post with another Ubisoft game thread that I was involved in; what I wrote here applies to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Please ignore.

Suggested Topics