ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• max225719
    Original poster 5 posts

So me and my wife both got Uplay+, downloaded Anno 1800 and neither of us can actually play the game. So far we have:

verified files
    restarted PC's
    restarted Uplay
    logged in, logged out
    reinstalled game
    reinstalled uplay
    tried the exe directly
    cleared caches
    tried preying
    (currently looking for a chicken to sacrifice)

Seriously what gives? I checked the anno 1800 facebook page and others are complaining with the same issues. A few people commented on reddit also with this issue but I see nothing from Ubisoft? So is there a issue on my end or theres? If its there's then perhaps freaking say something?!?!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xCygnusx72x
    1 posts

@max225719
    I had the same thing. Just had a chat with ubisoft support. they are saying its a known issue... they should be putting up a notice somewhere soon i hear..

• CSDUDLEY
    1 posts

They did give at least an acknowledgement of the issue in response to this thread https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/106508/patch-downgraded-to-11-dlc-is-blocked-again/40?lang=en-US
    also do mention the current 'workaround' which is a touch and go attempt to keep resetting and re verifying the game files till it loops pack through the updates again. After the first one around 500mb the game will start and at least play but without mods or high life dlc activated. If you close the game though the second update of around 2GB will install again which will then kill the game completely and throw you out the 'This product cannot be activated right now' message. Quite clearly caused by the free weekend patch and playing the game via a connect+ subscription. If you own the game outright with dlc this doesnt seem to be an issue.

Poor to not have any kind of acknowledgment or announcement about it still even though threads have highlighted the issue minutes after the update went live yesterday. Expect the bugs but at least an option to play the game without the dlc enabled would be something.

• max225719
    Original poster 5 posts

@xcygnusx72x From what I gather on Reddit its "Been" a known issue. I think the issue now is failure to admit to the issue and take appropriate actions publicly. Guess I'm just frustrated after spending so long trying to troubleshoot this issue just to find out it's not my issue its theres. Like if this was a different game studio there would of been a announcement 5 mins after this issue was discovered yet theres posts going back since the anno free trial went live reporting this very issue from other users on reddit and facebook and all Ubisoft posted is beautiful trailers for a otherwise unplayable game for us. Talk about misleading.

• jztemple7
    4 posts

@max225719 I've run into the same issue, I'm trying the "verify files" route to see if that helps. By the way, sacrificing a chicken doesn't help, we ordered wings and it still won't run 😞

• shaith-ubi
    2 posts

Given that this issue has been going on since the "free play" period opened in North America and there's been neither resolution nor even much response, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it really isn't that important to them. The support person I spoke to in chat had no resolution either.

• Admiral_Krunk
    1 posts

I can start the game, but there are all sorts of bugs now. Pirates don't show up on the diplomacy screen for one. Triggers for actions are weirdly delayed, like I use a diplomacy action on an AI player, then nothing happens for ten seconds, then a flood of responses from that character and the other AI's come through all at once.

The most egregious though is that certain quest triggers are not firing. Particularly quests where the AI wants a product supplied. I have the product, but getting near the delivery location and nothing happens. The worst is the first supply quest, where Edvard wants 4 Schnappes in payment. I have the 4 Schnappes, but he never recognizes this and his ship just sits there, which means the campaign is halted right there. Can't even progress anymore.

• Colin1796
    2 posts

@max225719 not sure if it’ll work for you but I was told by Ubisoft to run Ubisoft connect as the administrator, soon as I done that I was promoted to install the update and it worked perfectly. Could give that a go since you’ve tried everything else lol?

• jztemple7
    4 posts
    @max225719 not sure if it’ll work for you but I was told by Ubisoft to run Ubisoft connect as the administrator, soon as I done that I was promoted to install the update and it worked perfectly. Could give that a go since you’ve tried everything else lol?

I tried this but it didn't work.

• Minaothon
    2 posts

How i can unistall the last patch??

Ty

• Diego_the_best
    9 posts

In the morning nothing new, nothing different...

• max225719
    Original poster 5 posts

Support got back to me

So how do I get our money back? Not paying them $30 dollars for 2 broken accounts lol

• Bright_One
    28 posts

I am just so happy this moment that UBI Soft never lured me into buying the game , not even with discounts.
    I were a Beta participant and were not that pleased with that. But I wanted to try the Free Weekend play to see how far the game has progressed (or regressed as it may be) .
    However , not even being able to play for free I am so happy that I did not pay and then not be able to play ! , just saying !

• aabreur
    9 posts

@max225719
    Same story here, got Ubisoft+ to play with my wife and now not able. Actually we were having a good time until 31 August when the update 12.0 came out.

There is a workaround provided here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/106705/current-issues-following-tuesday-s-game-update-12?lang=en-US

HOWEVER as a Ubisoft+ subscriber I could only launch the game (no HighLife DLC) if I stick with the 500MB patch / 11.x version. Which is exactly the opposite as they are recommending. The 3GB download / 12.0 version will always result in the error message you have provided on launch game attempt.
    Also your post is probably going to be moved to another one where they are gathering 12.0 launch. Problems is that seems that there are too many issues at the same time. Never seem this scenario on a game release before 😵 , most likely because I am Ubisoft+ subscriber for just 1 month now 🤣

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your posts about this, and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience while we've looked into this.

As mentioned in our current sticky thread, the issue with Ubisoft+ has now been resolved. If you face any issues with the game automatically rolling back to the previous version, this is something we're continuing to investigate, and at the moment we recommend performing the update, then disabling automatic updates, and then restarting Ubisoft Connect. However, the issues of Ubisoft+ subscribers not being able to load the update should now be resolved.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues, and I'll be happy to help you resolve them.

Official Response
  • SirHarryPierce
    213 posts
  • Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey everyone, can confirm that this issue has been resolved since, therefore should there be anyone who continue to experience this, let us know and we will look into it further.

Official Response
  • Yassin_Azab
    1 posts

@max225719
    YOO look I found the fix
    U need to do an SFC Scan
    search it up

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Yassin_Azab, welcome to forums!

Thank you for sharing this and I do hope that if anyone potentially runs into this, they will find your suggested workaround useful 🙂 .

Should you happen to have any other suggestions to share or if you run into any difficulties yourself, do not hesitate and reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • Mohamed-Tche95
    3 posts

@max225719 Hello, idk if i am late to say what you have to do but maybe it could help other people who have the same problem, so it's really easy (and it worked for me so i hope it works for you too) first you have to go into Ubisoft Connect Files location and you should find a file called "cache" rename this file and write "cachebackup" after that you have to empty the file and last thing close Ubisoft Connect if its not already done and its finished you should can run For Honor without any inconvenience.

Suggested Topics