ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Z7_Z7
    Original poster 25 posts

The trophy in the Nightclub Infiltration assignment is the worst so far. I've been using a Youtube "guide" by "NothingButSkillz" and the video cuts out the part where I need to get to the area with the trophy 😐

The one important part right at the the end and I cannot find the area anywhere in this location. Seriously getting so [censored] off with this game. I think I'm done. I can't find anything fun to do.

How do people continue playing? What is there to do? I thought maybe trying to get some trophies might be something enjoyable to do to break the monotony, but obviously I was very wrong.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Z7_Z7
    Original poster 25 posts

Yeah [censored] this [censored] I just alt F4'd the game. Finally found THE [censored] door and it's locked..... even though I followed another guide. [censored] these devs, and most of all, [censored] this game.

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

I can’t disagree. Those missions are just not fun. If 99% of players need a step by step guide to accomplish something, you’ve failed as a puzzle designer. Activating many of the hunters are like this as well. Just cryptic make-work projects to stress your controller/keyboard. I just want to shoot some sh!t. 🙂

• L3AND80
    71 posts

It's one of the weaknesses of this game: Need tutorials (YouTube) to do certain things like Hunter Masks, raid IH and backpack trophies... your first experience is watching another player play for you to learn.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@l3and80

I will put it this way: without the internet "news" and guides, 99% of the players would not even know that there are hunters in TD2 (except for the Summit floor 100 and Schaeffer mission) or what the heck you are supposed to do in IH.

• HonestlyOK1986
    186 posts

Those things and the hunters were designed to be in there to give the content creators a reason for you to watch their channel, nothing less, nothing more. Do you think some content creator knew to salute a grave or jumping jack specifically in a pool? Shoot those million windows in a very specific order at different times of the day in the game in a sequence. Those things arent anywhere to be noted or worked out by yourself. The game is a sham.

It benefits the content creators as people subscribe and ive seen people drop them hundreds of dollars on a stream...builds you can figure out yourself but to be quite frank, anyone who told you they figured out the hunters and these ridiculous sequence puzzles by themselves off a dodgy unreadable map found on a table are basically lying.

It's one of the most unimpressive things about the game. It wasn't created for people to enjoy learning themselves, it was created with content creators in mind so they can try sell the game through youtube an twitch etc to try an create an online buzz about these things. All it actually did was alienate people who played the first and found things for themselves.

• tcarlisle2012
    183 posts

@honestlyok1986 I can't disagree with you on this.

I ended up liking the classified missions, and the nightclub one is the best one, in my view. But that is really a subjective opinion.

But I do agree with Chris too, that the puzzles are too obscure and isn't great puzzle design.

What would have made it better, is if the game laid down some blatant hints as time passes. Kind of like how Manny says no less than three times that players might want to hit the fuel switch to activate the decontamination protocol in the DCD mission. LOL.

Or, for the more difficult puzzles, click something to actually get a hint, like the Trine games.

That said, when I went back and did these missions again, if you pay attention there is graffiti on the walls that give some pretty big clues. I recall one that literally said "go here" and had an arrow. LOL

Suggested Topics