ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Checkwitch
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello friends,
    first at all I would like to say how great this game and those who are behind it are! I do really like it :).

So that was the nice part and now lets get a little bit deeper,

As many guys on this furum I do have same problem with the game. Downloading those 450+/- Mb and whole interface even the warning for epilepsy at the start were without text and main screen without some objects like dlcs icons. So I closed the game and verified it.
    After that I clicked on play again. It downloaded something like: "DirectX end user 2/4..." . Then the game was like normal, interface ok, icons were back except the High Life icon which was grey (even I own the 3rd DLC) and only obtainable by buy it separetly which I refused.
    All Anno 1800 news are white with red triangle in middle and with yellow text: "news feed failed to load" (this happened some time ago and it is still there).

So there is nothing else to download to get back (not those 2Gb and/or to do that spin 450+/- Mb and then 2GB again, nothing). So yesterdays 11 hour session when I kept an eye on each tree and ornament and on reputation with Lady Margaret ( 🙂 ) are gone which is slightly demoralizing.

Wish you best of luck in future work, pardon my english and hope you will solve this unlucky situation.

Kind regards,
    Ch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Juzul
    2 posts

same 4 me, fix would be great.

• marauder1978
    26 posts

Same problem here. After being able to play "The High Life" for about 2 days, the game has downgraded itself to V 11.1 by downloading a 450 MB "update". When I start the game, the "The High Life" icon is greyed out, saying I would not own this content. But that is untrue because I bought Season Pass 3 right when it became available. When I verify the installation, it takes long and then just says "all fine". No download of DLC 9, no upgrade to current game version. Waited soooo long for this, payed for it, can't play it now, because of the 7 quadrizillionth bug. Anno 1800, the best Anno ever, but so annoying with its tons of game-breaking and game-denying bugs.

• ThiesBank
    2 posts

@checkwitch I have the exact same problem.... The game set me back about 5 hours when I try to load my save... Then when I try to access the correct save from my world, by pressing "saved games", it states that the save is incompatible with the current version of the game.... A fix would indeed be lovely, thanks guys

• ChamiBZH
    2 posts

@checkwitch Same for me ! I hope they will fix it soon !

• ChamiBZH
    2 posts

I run the directX12 benchmark and now it seems to work fine.

• Caritrian
    1 posts

Here the same. this weekend was just for anno 1800..

• Noric96
    6 posts

Same herer. trying to solf it but till now nothing worked

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 934 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you encounter this.

I can confirm that we are currently investigating this for a permanent solution.

At this moment however I would recommend to restart Ubisoft Connect and verify your game files until you receive the 2GB update.

Many thanks for your patience

Official Response
  • munasef1
    1 posts

Restarting Ubisoft connect did not work, but what worked for me was going offline in ubisoft connect and then after it loaded I clicked go online.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 934 posts

Hey @munasef1,

Thank you for your update and for sharing what helped you.

If ever we can help in the future just let us know

Official Response
  • Asdnatux
    1 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck Ok, I get the 500 mb "downgrade" sometimes after that I have to restart the Connect app and Anno gets the 2 gb Update again. This works until the next start of the app when the 500 mb patch gets installed again. Next restart 2gb patch, again. You guys plan to kill my SSD?

• Iscilla
    2 posts

@checkwitch Same here

• Iscilla
    2 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck Tried to reinstall, verify Files, palying offline (did help until I went online again).. Nothing helps for long..

• mrdx1000
    1 posts

I have the same Issue.

1. Starting PC
    2. Ubisoft Connect starts 400 MB Downgrade
    3. Game with old version and without text
    4. Restarting PC
    5. Ubisoft Connect starts 2 GB Upgrade
    6. Game starts correctly

But after I finished my Anno Session and shutting down my pc after step. 6, I had to repeat step 1. - 6. at the next session.

• heidithejoe
    1 posts

Instead of restarting the PC I've been starting the game in offline mode. Then reconnecting via the Uplay launcher. That seems to force the second 2g update. But if this is going to continue to happen it will jack up my system. Is there a permanent fix for this yet?

Why was the game rolled back for the freeplay weekend?

Suggested Topics