UNSOLVED Bug and balancing issues (possible spoilers)1 Likes/14 Replies/477 Views
I have just finished the game and want to share a few bugs that I could not see amongst know issues as well as balancing issues that in my opinion should somehow be addressed.
- I have already achieved gold medal in all mastery challenges and bought all items from Hildiran, however the icon of her house in Ravensthorpe has greenish obvolute, which would suggest that there is something to be done (like upgrade her house for example). Am I missing some part or is it a GUI glitch? See pictures: https://we.tl/t-XgVrbfjU76: (https://we.tl/t-XgVrbfjU76) https://we.tl/t-sBvfsuigAI: (https://we.tl/t-sBvfsuigAI).
- I can loot everything while mounted (opals, chests, skeletons, jars, etc.) except for titanium.
- Silver deniers are not displayed in the inventory. They can be spent and work good though, so it's only a minor GUI glitch (or perhaps a feature but it's strange that all others are displayed and those are not).
- The discovery of Isu message in the crypt under Saint-Denis gives 2 skill points, even if Eivor has already reached max power level (466). Now I got 2 skill points that I cannot spend. I would expect them to be mastery points at this stage.
- A lot of quest items are not removed from the inventory. Some of them probably should stay there, but items such as daggers looted from daughters of Lerion should have been removed after using them to unlock the vault under Lerion's house.
- While attacked by rats in Francia, Eivor cries "Damn! Flames!" instead of something like "Damn! Rats!".
- Sometimes Eivor loses track of enemies, while switching from melee weapon to bow. It works like this: I am headed towards me enemy and want to shoot him but when I press right button on the mouse, Eivor immidiately turns away. It sometimes also triggers not neceserilly when switching to bow, but randomly during the combat. See the short video of this issue (especially around the fifth second):
- The are multiple malfunctions regarding interactions:
- I cannot pickpocket while Eivor is crouched.
- I cannot leave haystacks or piles of leaves after performing leaps of faith or simple covering inside them when Eivor walks. Pressing left control button to trigger jogging seems to fix it and then I can leave them.
- The same as above applies to using ladders.
- Not sure if it's a bug, but looting system seems to work strangely. For example: I can loot broken bows from standard bearers, although they do not use bows. I can loot broken shields from skirmishers, although they only use a dagger.
- I would expect all abilities to have cooldowns. The current balancing makes some of them pretty much overpowered. Example: thorn of slumber can be used to put enemies to sleep and assassinate them even if Eivor has been spotted. Successful assassinations as well as staying in combat generates adrenaline, which allows players to do it endlessly and kill every single normal and elite enemy with one hit. Just use thorn of slumber (-1 adrenaline), assassinate (now you basically have +1 adrenaline) and repeat until you're bored or the whole England is dead. Since assassinations provide 50% bonus experience, it also provides a fast way to level up.
- The same applies to skills such as last chance healing. This makes Eivor (kind of) immortal. It triggers even when my HP drops to 0 (I think so at least, can't confirm exactly but many times it looked like Eivor's HP was 0 and I still had a chance to heal). Look at this short video to see how Eivor should die 2 times within a few seconds but is still alive and kicking https://we.tl/t-k1pJlo5Grh: (https://we.tl/t-k1pJlo5Grh). Perhaps it's a bug.
- Is there any particular reason why I have over 14 000 supplies and 120 raw materials even though I have already reached max level of Ravensthorpe? Even Siege of Paris provides additional raw materials (6 x 20 raw materials). What do I need them for now?
- Fall damage should be increased for Eivor. Now Eivor can jump from any building or almost any mountain and barely gets any damage, which immidiately are healed by Idun's heart, so it's pretty much no damage.
- Idun's heart should be removed or significantly nerfed. This skill removes the necessity to use rations and makes abilities such as survival instinct useless. Why would I immobilise Eivor for several seconds to heal a small amount of HP if I can run around and not get hit to heal much more HP and faster? I would never use survival instinct, since, even if I wanted to, Idun's heart heals all HP before I can even start bandaging.
- Why runes aren't stacked in the inventory but displayed one by one? I would prefer to see 1 slot with the number 10 for 10 greater runes of health instead of 10 slots with 1 greater rune of health. It makes looking for particular items in the inventory tedious as I need to scroll down a lot.
- For the love of God - introduce the option to filter items in shops or blacksmiths I was so tired when I upgraded many items at Gunnar's. It took me like an hour or something and was like: scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, and so on...
- Missile reversal works on crossbow bolts. They can be caught and shot back - with a bow! Eivor the Flash!
VirtualAwesome 75 posts
I have reported bug #7. I don't have the video to back it up.
The extra levels and resources may be useful later. Sometimes they raise the caps when they add DLC.
Adding the missing video for the seventh bug: https://we.tl/t-yO5r2NlXJM: (https://we.tl/t-yO5r2NlXJM)
Additionally, I would also report a weird camera behaviour during the fight against Ghost Auroth when doing damage to stunned animal and finishing the bull, see videos: https://we.tl/t-2pJ8LpjER2: (https://we.tl/t-2pJ8LpjER2) https://we.tl/t-oPopNFlCyv: (https://we.tl/t-oPopNFlCyv)
This post is deleted!
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 5617 posts
Hello there @MR-OPERATOR!
I apologise for the delayed response. Thanks for taking the time to share a comprehensive report with us. I'll do my best to address each of the issues and concerns you have shared.
It would be helpful to see an image demonstrating the green glow you're referring to. It looks like the links you've shared have expired. Would you be able to send us some new links, or upload them to a more permanent sharing platform, such as Google Drive or OneDrive? We can then take a closer look at these.
I've noticed this issue in my own game, which I always found a little strange. The development team have been notified about being unable to collect titanium from horseback. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.
Just to confirm, are you referring to silver coins used to purchase items from the merchants? You should be able to view these by going to Inventory and then into your bag. They're displayed on the left-hand side of the screen under "Resources." If you're missing your coin total here, can you please send us an image so we can pass this along for further investigation?
Saint-Denis Skill Points
The development team are aware that players are being awarded extra skill points, rather than Mastery points, after discovering the Isu temple in Saint-Denis. They're currently investigating this issue further. Any future updates will be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend keeping an eye out here for more information.
Stuck Quest Items in Inventory
The development team are also investigating what could be potentially causing quest items and duplicate keys to stay in a player's inventory after use. We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation so far. I'd recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.
I wasn't able to reproduce this in my own game. I just got a lot of grunting and in-pain noises Does this happen in certain areas with rats, or does this happen consistently when being attacked by rats? If you can send us a video which shows Eivor exclaiming "Damn! Rats!" that would be helpful for further investigation.
Losing Track of Enemies
It looks like the link to the video you've shared with us for this issue has expired again. Would you be able to send us another video link to take a closer look? I'd recommend either extending the availability of the link, or uploading it to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive).
Have you also been able to capture a video of this behaviour in your own game, @VirtualAwesome? We can then include this in the report to the development team.
I wasn't able to reproduce being unable to jump in or out of haystacks when walking. Eivor would hop in/out of them no matter how gently I move the left stick. Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows you stuck in a haystack? Can you also let us know if this happens with all haystacks/leaf piles, or only certain ones?
Also, would you be able to provide us with some videos of being unable to pickpocket whilst crouching?
I was able to reproduce being unable to climb ladders whilst walking. Eivor will only climb them if I'm jogging at a minimum. I'm not sure if this is working as intended, as I know Eivor can have limited movement whilst walking (such as being unable to climb over objects as well). I've passed this along to the development team to see if we can get some confirmation.
I've noticed this as well during my own gameplay, and that I'd sometimes get weapons from enemies that didn't use those particular items. I didn't question it, though, as loot is loot to me I've passed this report along to the development team to see if this is working as intended or not.
Ghost Auroth Camera
Your links to these videos have also expired. Could you send us another set of links so we can take a closer look at this weird camera behaviour.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on ways the game can be balanced as well! I've passed on your suggestions about ability/skill cooldowns for the development team to consider. If you're able to send another link to that video demonstrating "Last Chance Healing," we can include this in your reports.
We have passed on feedback already to provide an additional use for extra supplies and raw materials to the development team for further consideration. I've now also forwarded your comments to the team as well for further consideration.
I've noticed in my own game how little fall damage I took, especially when leaping from great heights. Personally, I don't mind this as it means less damage for me I can understand how this lowers risk and immersion in-game, though, so I've forwarded your feedback to the team.
We have received feedback on players regarding improvements that can be made to rune organisation, both within the inventory and when selling to traders. We have also shared feedback about making it easier to navigate in store menus (including the blacksmith). We've passed these suggestions along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.
I hope I've addressed each of the concerns and suggestions you brought up! If you feel like I've missed anything, please do let me know. Can you also provide me with the additional information I've requested, so we can pass these reports along to the development team as well.
Silver Deniers or simply Deniers
I believe this is about currency in Siege of Paris used at Pierre's store. It's just not being displayed in the inventory, only when visiting Pierre.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 5617 posts
Thanks for the clarification, @bielik01! You're correct - they're nowhere to be found (at least in my own inventory). I can only see my total when speaking to Pierre. I've notified the development team regarding this issue. If we require any additional information, we'll reach out within this thread.
@ubi-borealis Sorry, I haven't logged here for a while
I haven't uploaded anything to Youtube or used Google Disc so far so before I try to figure it out, let's try with the same approach
https://we.tl/t-ZiaLOXnono: (https://we.tl/t-ZiaLOXnono) - in this picture you can see 2 icons for certain houses (both fully upgraded I think) and the left one is all in white while the right one (Hildiran's house) is in greenish (blue? )
https://we.tl/t-YSqOGlGrSB: (https://we.tl/t-YSqOGlGrSB) - in this picture I only show that I already have bought everything from Hildiran so there's nothing more for me to do with her.
Losing Track of Enemies
https://we.tl/t-8IaFGMMzJI: (https://we.tl/t-8IaFGMMzJI) - watch especially around the fifth second of this fragment. I wanted to shoot him but suddenly changed direction.
Ghost Auroth Camera
https://we.tl/t-SOqwNJ7ecm: (https://we.tl/t-SOqwNJ7ecm) - it kinda looks like unnecessary 360 degrees rotation. The same happened during killing blow.
https://we.tl/t-skQ3dgfyIK: (https://we.tl/t-skQ3dgfyIK) - in this video I demonstrate why I think last chance healing could use a big nerf. Might have just been lucky and survive with like 1 HP, which would not be visible on Eivor's healthbar but still happened too many times for me to believe it
If I manage to reproduce other issues, I'll attach videos.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Keo 3640 posts
Hi @mr-operator thanks for the information provided.
As your previous reply was in September the issues that you mentioned were experienced on an older version of the game as the latest update (1.3.2) was released this month.
Could you please install the latest update if you haven't already and confirm if the icon is still glowing for Hildiran. Can you also check if you are still able to heal Eivor once all of the health bar has been depleted and if so can you do this every time in any location.
With regards to the other issues that you mention 'Losing Track of Enemies' and 'Ghost Auroch Camera' these were experienced on an older version of the game and as you have now progressed I understand that you will be unable to try reproducing the issues again on the latest version.