ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

Hello all,

I've had this issue since last night, never had it before then.
    The Ubisoft Connet Launcher isn't able to connect to the internet. I've tried to submit a support ticket but the support button disappears and chat is unavailable.
    Both the Launcher and the Mobile app are having issues. The website doesn't have any issues connecting, however. Although despite having 2FA enabled it is seemingly missing from logging into the website.

I have tried re-installing the launcher and verifying game files via Steam (that's where I got the game from before the whole epic thing) and that didn't fix the issue.
    I checked firewall settings and that wasn't the issue either.
    I obviously can't go offline mode as I need to connect to the internet at least once and since it's a fresh re-install that isn't working correctly it won't let me bypass the login to go offline mode.

Any help is appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kingteranas
    4 posts

@cpt-wenchbane Having the same issue as well since at least yesterday.

• Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

@kingteranas
    Yup have you tried disabling your firewall?
    I'm not sure why but I think the launcher update has tripped a port scan alarm in my AV suite and has led to a total shutdown in my online gaming ability. A lot of online games aren't working or entire parts are disabled like chat

• Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

I'm going through a list of online games and seeing which ones I can actually play and connect with others and which ones are hampered.
    I've also submitted a support ticket w my AV provider to see if they can help me.

What looks to have happened is the update that went through Ubisoft Connect last night/earlier today did something it wasn't supposed to and has actually caused my AV to react and block a port. Now my free time is spent troubleshooting and submitting support tickets. Hooray.

• Kingteranas
    4 posts

@cpt-wenchbane For me it doesn't seem to have hampered my ability to play other online games, I tried to disable my firewall and also reinstalled the Ubisoft Connect app to no avail.. Looking through the forums it seems to be a recent issue with other people as well.

• Kingteranas
    4 posts
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi there @Kingteranas @Cpt-Wenchbane

Thank you for reporting your issues connecting to Ubisoft connect at the moment. We can see that some of the following steps have been tried, but would you be able to check everything in our guide here?
    Could you also let us know if you are seeing any error messages when this happens?

Just in case, if you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to contact Ubisoft support directly though our site, we're also available here:
    Twitter Support - https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport
    Facebook Support - https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupportUK/

Hope this helps!

Official Response
  • indiana_Sale
    2 posts

@cpt-wenchbane Same thing happend to me today. This was never a issue before today...

• Ardy4823
    1 posts

@cpt-wenchbane Chat just now told me they are working on it. To watch forum. Think that will help?

• Scarberius
    9 posts

I've been getting that old Bravo-4 error since the Connect update on the 7th. This is the second time Ubisoft devs have screwed up the PC install so no one can get in. I know of no other dev house that does this with the regularity Ubisoft does. How do they keep their jobs? Can you please fix it. It has been running pretty good once you fixed your last fiasco.

• Kramoz
    12 posts

I can no longer play any Ubisoft Games due to a connection problem with Ubisoft Conect:

This has been happening since about 09/09/21 5:30am (AEST).

I added UbisoftConnect.exe, and UbisoftGameLauncher64.exe, (also UbisoftGameLauncher.exe just in case), but this didn't change anything.
    Eventually, I figured out a way to get around this issue:
    I have to select Go Offline on Ubisoft Connect, start the game, then go Online when the games asks me to do so, then game runs fine, and I can play.

• Redish
    3 posts

@kramoz I have the same error after installed latest update. It was working yesterday.

• AuddieD
    20 posts

@kramoz Exactly what I am getting. I can connect. I just can't stay connected. That said, my current download is currently unaffected. It had been unable to download a while ago.

• thapinksmurf
    4 posts

i have now after a little while added ubisoft connect and ubisoft webcore to my outgoing rules on my network settings, and its working for now

how to:
    start -> settings -> network and internet -> windows firewall -> advanced settings -> outgoing rules/out bound rules (not sure what called in english) -> new rule (right side of the window) -> select program and then click next -> select ''this program'' -> search for your ubisoft folder and when you got the your folder select the uplaywebcore.exe, when selected go to next and allow the connection, and name it whatever you like, now do the same for the ubisoftconnect.exe

this should fix the problem

• Darknist91
    1 posts

@thapinksmurf Same problem , nothing

• thapinksmurf
    4 posts

@darknist91 so the issue is still there? thats wired, after i did the outgoing rules on my wifi, i haven't had any issues since

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 389 posts

Hey all, we were experiencing degradation during this time which may have contributed to these connectivity issues. It has since been resolved though. If you're still receiving the same error banner, or are having general connection problems - let me know, and I can provide further assistance!

Official Response
  • Kingteranas
    4 posts

Hello, I've finally fixed this issue..

1. What I did was try to create a new account through the Ubisoft Connect launcher, it created the account but was giving the same error when trying to login.
    2. I then opened the launcher again, and then check marked the start in offline mode.
    3. I closed the launcher after, it wouldn't start in offline mode but after entering the new account details I was able to login successfully.
    4. I logged out of this new account, and logged into my main account successfully.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with this issue, not sure if it's a fix for all but it did for me.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1693 posts

@kingteranas Thank you for sharing this workaround you have tried, and I'm glad to hear this has helped resolve this issue for you. However, please keep us posted if you run into any further problems at this time so we can further investigate this with you.

Official Response
  • Hellbound73
    12 posts

I'm ripping my hair of. Cannot connect to neither site or the launcher. It seems everything with UBISoft doesn't work at all. Have had this for 2 days now. I cannot even visit the launcher download page. Someone having an solution? I have tried everything 😫😢

Suggested Topics