Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/10 Replies/577 Views
    Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts

All weekend I have been unable to play offline and avoid your [censored] awful downgrading [censored]:

Oh look, it's the GU 11 update, that's 466MB's here to helpfully DOWNGRADE ME BACK TO GU 11

FIX YOUR [censored]! Just release the game as a separate item on the store, make that copy of it free, and then after the promotion revoke access to the free copy. Why fricken messing around with your legit paying customers PAID copies of the game???

I DO NOT LIKE WASTING TIME, BANDWIDTH AND QUOTA DOWNLOADING 466MB's AND THEN 2GB's OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER !!!

Hopefully this conveys how god damn frustrating this is!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts

@nicholas_steel I have to restart UPlay not once, not twice, but many, many times before it'll finally decide that GU 11 is not the latest and simply launch the game in its current GU 12 condition.

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Icefox67
    1 posts

Same issue here. Randomly happened today ager I played with no issues yesterday and on Sep 1st.

Please let us know how to avoid it or fix it!

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts

Current working theory is that there is a caching server with an old copy of the patch that Uplay intermittently connects to, why UPlay allows it to be installed over v12 is anybodies guess (why does UPlay perform no version check before installing stuff?).

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you experience this.

I can confirm that we are aware and are currently investigating for a permanent solution.

Many thanks for your patience in the mean time

Official Response
  • Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 63 posts

Update: It seems customers who bought Anno 1800 can not play the game offline, only UPlay+ customers can play it offline. Or something, I dunno... some customers can play offline while others can't.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics