ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

Let me start with this, I don't think that fortnite is a good game at all. (But who am I right)
    What I mean with the title is the following.
    I would like a Division game with updates as Fortnite has.
    My kid plays that game and I see that they change the map continuously.
    And put new stuff in it every couple month's.
    Like guns,items and new mechanics (I think)
    It's genius.

If we would have a Division with monthly updates and yearly map expansions.
    That would be win-win right?
    We pay yearly for the expansions (monthly updates included per yearly payment)
    -the community stays happy
    -the company makes money (stays happy)
    -jobs
    -a good suggestions forum
    (there is no suggestion section here) (tip?)
    -community manager(s) (job(s))
    -polls for what players want the most
    (Fortnite had an in-game event to vote) (tip?)

What I would do as a developer is:
    The Division 1
    -as base game
    -the weapons and talent mechanics
    -skills and their talents
    -gearsets (classified)
    -grenade/skill aim and throw mechanics
    -incursions
    -underground/survival/last stand

The Division 2
    -movements
    -brandsets
    -shooting
    -skill mechanics
    -missions/raids/activities
    -control points

New idea's
    -vehicles
    -dogs (can help with combat and searching)
    -full game survival mechanics (eat/drink)
    -dress for wheather (sickness/hallucinations)
    -be a settlement leader
    -every time before the map changes to a new city/country. (1 month before the update)
    The end game enemy recruits the other factions. (As a last resort to take us down)
    But way better then Resistance from Division 1.
    They get the gear and looks from LMB/BTSU so they really look like they joined them.
    (Also, so that players know a new update is coming)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    We pay yearly for the expansions (monthly updates included per yearly payment)

That sounds nice, but (a) it's not how fortnite makes money (b) how much are you willing to pay up front for guaranteed monthly content updates? With no guarantee that they'll be any good?

The only reason fortnite can maintain their update cadence is because of how massive their player base is.

-vehicles

There is zero chance of this happening without abandoning last-gen consoles. They would need to dramatically lower the world detail and sight lines on the existing map in order to simulate a faster movement speed through the world.

-every time before the map changes to a new city/country. (1 month before the update)

You are vastly underestimating how much effort it would take to create a new city map, let alone do so every month.

• xcel30
    796 posts

While that much content would be impressive, i don't think you understand the scale of what you want and what is possible with current dev team size and studio

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Ignoring your preference for Div 1's inferior systems - they half heartedly tried this.

Fortnight's revenue comes from Cosmetic Sales and the Seasons that reward them. TD2 tried a variation on that, but I'm guessing uptake on the paid track was low - otherwise they likely would have changed course sooner. Different demographics.

That said, I'm on board with a monthly/quarterly/annual sub that guaranteed new content. Each quarter could still get a new season, plus 2 missions, new cosmetics, and a slightly reworked mission for the final Manhunt target. Every six months we get a new Stronghold, Conflict Map, and Incursion [Raids are a waste of resources]. Every year we get a map expansion and new game mode. Problem there would be bifurcating the player base.

The other big issue, are the PS4/XBOne. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ubisoft implement a variation on this with both The Division & Ghost Recon once they can drop support for the old consoles [as they are with Avatar] - more similar to how R6S or Hitman have altered their development structure. I'm also curious to see if the next versions get PvP, or they place all PvP resources into XDefiant & Heartlands - focusing on PvE, and the DZ.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@dagrommit
    "Fortnite earns, willing to pay, no guarantee"

no fortnite isn't earning money with that it's with the skins and battle pass.
    But division isn't fortnite so i could only think of missions/incursions/raids,vehicles.
    survival can be on any map. (Last stand same)
    If I know I get 5 new missions 1 incursion/raid and 3 hunter(s) puzzles every 3 months
    Ill pay full game price per year.
    (We never know if a game is good or not)

"Consoles, world detail, movement speed"

It's not impossible right, look at GTA?
    And vehicles can always be implemented after a couple years when most have a ps5.
    Doesn't have to be right away.
    Fortnite didn't have vehicles or a big player base from launch.
    They might start this with Heartlands.

"Create a map"
    That is true I don't know what it takes to develop a game/map.
    It could also be every 2 years (or 3)
    We get updates till 15 months, and enjoy the game for another 9 months.
    In the meantime a team is working on a new map.

Every map can already be made in the original map and open in time.
    Like how the DZ became bigger in Division 1.
    Or Falcon Lost and other incursions opened up.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@latenitedelight
    Ignoring you're first sentence, you probably had a stroke there.

I and many others payed 100eu for The Division 2
    Year one pass was trash and many felt scammed.
    After that 100eu they wanted us to pay for the cosmetics as well.
    People complained and their answer was:
    Fortnite does it too.
    But fortnite is free so people felt even more scammed.
    That's the reason it flopped.
    That's also why they make Heartlands free.
    So that the Melee weapon you can use in that game, is gonna cost 10-30eu per skin depends on how good it looks.
    Iron pipe 10, baseball bat 15, Hunters Axe 30.

Manhunts are not my cup of tea but if they put it in there again every mission with the targets team member should be different not only the Manhunt target itself.
    That was just poor design in my eyes.
    Raids are nice only not for solo players.
    They could make 4 man versions for people that are afraid to be in a partychat or whatever reason they have.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@latenitedelight

While TD1 was very well promoted, Ubi marketing team/partners/promoters did an abysmal job in terms of getting people to even try TD2. Throw in the mix the fact that TD2 was not released on Steam (still the holder of the most of the market share at that time) and suddenly the reach is very small.
    Ubi is a lucky company they have some very talented and passionate devs and artists at their studios, they carry the asinine management.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@angrypandanr1 you don't understand the difference in scale. Fortnite bought in $5 Billion in revenue in 2020 and have 350 million registered accounts. That's why they can afford to provide new content at a high frequency. The Division franchise (both games) doesn't even come close.

If I know I get 5 new missions 1 incursion/raid and 3 hunter(s) puzzles every 3 months
    Ill pay full game price per year.

LOL, so you want the equivalent of four new WoNY's in one year for the price of a full game? There is zero chance of that happening, if only because Ubisoft wouldn't make enough (any) money to satisfy their investors.

It's not impossible right, look at GTA?

Are you seriously comparing the world detail in the Division games with GTA?

Fortnite didn't have vehicles or a big player base from launch.

Fortnite runs on a phone. It is nowhere near as visually detailed as Division

Every map can already be made in the original map and open in time.

You were asking for new cities, now you're asking for map expansions. Those are two very different things

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    That said, I'm on board with a monthly/quarterly/annual sub that guaranteed new content. Each quarter could still get a new season, plus 2 missions, new cosmetics, and a slightly reworked mission for the final Manhunt target. Every six months we get a new Stronghold, Conflict Map, and Incursion [Raids are a waste of resources]. Every year we get a map expansion and new game mode. Problem there would be bifurcating the player base.

@LateNiteDelight That split kind of happened with WoNY already.

I don't object to a subscription model personally, but viability from a business perspective depends on how many people signed up. It's unclear what percentage of the 40 million player base for the franchise would. It would be a much easier business case to make if they had double the player base.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@dagrommit

If half of the 40 million would be willing to pay $1/month for new content, we are looking at $20 million / month... and that $1/ month is nothing, make it $2 and is still nothing compared to other subscription models. At $2/month we staring at a crazy $480 million / year, if you can get back 20 million players. The start won't be smooth and easy... to get commitment from players and grow the player base, Ubi needs to show commitment to the game 1st, not the other way around.
    Best case we got very mixed signals, and the last 7 months could write the book on how to not engage with your player base.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@adrian-11 the question is whether they can get 20 million players to sign up, and for how long (nobody sensible staffs up a team based on a month's revenue). Bear in mind many people bought the game on sale (hence "$5 agents"), and may not be inclined to keeping a subscription going.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@dagrommit
    Didn't start with 5 billion it build up to that.
    Ubisoft can do the same build up.
    (They just need to farm for their loot (players).
    Not complete the story and uninstall.)
    If they do it right and don't f@€k over their community with vagueness over season passes and all that.
    I can just imagine for every player that bought year 1 they be like: YES that's an extra 30eu per player, what's next...
    But that's the choice of the investors I guess.

Yes I want that.
    Doesn't mean they are doing it maybe they would do 2 or 3 missions. And a raid.

Yes I am comparing them.
    The division 2 looks like gta 4 to me, and there is no traffic. Not all kinds of people walking left and right.
    Its Empty streets with sometimes a group of 5 enemies (that respawn after all died).
    Step your game up I say.

Oke, we don't need a phone version anyway.
    And I actually wouldn't mind if the division goes a little bit cartoon-ish (less real looking) if that means we get a way better game.
    What are all those details giving us??
    Bugs, empty streets, no vehicles, no K9's and a DZ with a 12 player cap.
    Basically gives us high buildings in details that no one even looks at.
    Are you looking at every detail in this game?
    If you do, just go there in real life. Real Life HD
    Every detail is as real as it is.

A new city/map per 1-3 years.
    New neighbourhood opens per 3 months yes.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Didn't start with 5 billion it build up to that.Ubisoft can do the same build up.

It's a lot easier to build up to that when your game is nominally F2P, appeals to a wide demographic, and runs on mobile phones. None of which applies to Division.

Yes I am comparing them.The division 2 looks like gta 4 to me

This is where I know to stop taking you seriously.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@dagrommit Alright I didnt mean that it litterly looks like gta 4, what I meant with it is:
    Gta 5 runs on ps4 (or even ps3)
    It has nonstop traffic and npc's walking everywhere.
    You can blow up 50 vehicles, be surrounded by 20 npc's all shooting you, fly helicopters, sail boats, drive cars and have races without 1 stutter.

But we can't get 4 motors in the division?
    Because then the game crashes.
    (Even at DUA if you run in too fast the game starts stuttering.)
    While it has empty streets, no traffic and only a few or no npc's walking around.

The only thing filling the game might be all the trash bags, soda cans and news papers laying around everywhere.
    And no one cares about it.
    No one cares if a fence,trash bag or brick pattern on a house looks like the real thing.

Like I said i would rather have less details (cartoon-ish look) for more game.
    And in time a quality update when most players have a ps5.

Then a Division 3 with double the details.
    And a DZ with a cap of 8 players.
    Can only walk in missions, no running.
    Only duo co-op, or else we get a delta error.
    No last stand, no survival again.
    Every 5 years a little update because details.

Decisions decisions.

• Imagine_Brata
    515 posts

I would happily pay €10 a month if there were more Legendaries and 1-2 new Raids a year

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Gta 5 runs on ps4 (or even ps3)
    It has nonstop traffic and npc's walking everywhere.
    You can blow up 50 vehicles, be surrounded by 20 npc's all shooting you, fly helicopters, sail boats, drive cars and have races without 1 stutter.

All of which look like crap compared to Division. If you want to blow up vehicles then go play GTA or its many clones.

The only thing filling the game might be all the trash bags, soda cans and news papers laying around everywhere.

Ah yes, never mind the weather effects, multi-colored lighting, shadows, higher visual fidelity of every object, that most objects are physics objects, or have their own animations 🙄

And no one cares about it.
    No one cares if a fence,trash bag or brick pattern on a house looks like the real thing.

I feel for the artists involved in creating the environments if they read this. Fortunately, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1998500-%F0%9F%93%B8-Photo-Mode-Thread: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1998500-%F0%9F%93%B8-Photo-Mode-Thread)

Like I said i would rather have less details (cartoon-ish look) for more game.

Unfortunately for you, that is a very niche opinion. Perhaps you should talk to the Fortnite folks to see if they're willing to implement the mechanics you want. After all, they have way more developers.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

Whoever wants "cartoonish", please stick with Fortnite and Overwatch.
    TD2 is cartoonish enough as it is.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@dagrommit yes but you can do a lot more in that game.
    I don't want to blow up vehicles I'm just saying you can do all that stuff without that game crashing/stuttering.

[Removed 10/10/2021 by @Ubi-Woofer]

And sorry, i thought with "cartoon-ish looking" a perfect detail person would understand "less detailed" (which I said with it).
    Didn't think you would actually picture that fortnite game.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 66 posts

@adrian-11 I meant less detailed not fortnite/anime characters. (Did say that with it)
    But after 1 post on this forum, I understand you need to explain everything to the tiniest detail.
    Or else something comes over in a different way.
    And if its too long people ignore the explanation.
    But you're right we don't need literally cartoon-ish.

• xcel30
    796 posts

Jesus christ what are you smoking? You can't complain about people not understanding you when you go around to not explain exactly what you want then proceed to make stuff about their comments

Suggested Topics