Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• daniela_melo
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey guys. I have The Crew 2 on my PS4 for almost 1 year already and I never had any problems with it until now. While I was playing yesterday he decided not to shift the gears by himself (the Gearbox is still in Automatic on the Controls menu). I try to move my car but he's just stuck on gear 1.. He goes on Reverse but forward he's not moving anymore (before someone asks, it does that with all types of vehicles with wheels, not boats and planes cuz they don't have gears so they go just fine).

I saw a video on YouTube where someone says to put the Throttle Linearity all the way to the right but that doesn't work for me. I also tried putting the Throttle Clamping all the way down but that doesn't work for me either (those are in the Options - Controls menu too).

I was playing just fine. I started another race and it got this crazy by himself..I have no idea what's wrong. I really love this game and I play it pretty much everyday..

Does someone know how to fix this problem?

I can try to make a video of what it does to show it better, if anyone would prefer that, I'm not quite sure if I'm explaining myself very well.

Anyway.. Hope someone will be able to help me out. Thank you very much for your time 🙂

Best wishes,
    Daniela

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1245 posts

Thanks for posting about this, @daniela_melo - welcome to the forums! Great to hear you're a fan of The Crew 2 😎

Just to make sure I'm understanding, you're playing with gears on automatic mode, but you can't get the car to go beyond first gear (and reverse). Is that correct?

Please start with our troubleshooting guide. In particular, please make sure you've fully updated the console and all its software, you've given it a power cycle, and you've disconnected it from the internet briefly (before reconnecting to launch the game again).

If it still doesn't work, can you tell me if you are using a wheel peripheral, or just the ordinary Dual Shock 4 gamepad? If it's a wheel, which one do you have?

Let me know if those troubleshooting steps solve the issue for you. If not, I'll have some further steps we can try 🙂

Official Response
  • daniela_melo
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello @Ubi-Thrupney how are you?

First of all, thank you very much for your reply and help! Really appreciate it.

I found out what was my problem. It was actually my Dual Shock 4 controller. I took it to the shop and it had something broken and they just gave me a new one yesterday (that's why I took so long to answer back cuz I was waiting for the new controller so I could check up the game, and yeah, it's working great again!!).

Your steps might help someone, I know some people had this problem and it was actually the game not the controller, but I will leave it up to you if you prefer to delete my post or not, I just wanted to thank you for the help instead of just deleting the post 🙂

Thank you once again.

Best wishes,
    Daniela Melo

Suggested Topics