ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hier0nimus
    Original poster 42 posts

Personally, I never play games with mods/cheats/whatever... Games are balanced by the developers for a reason and most of the time using those tools is fun at first but ruins it on the long run.
    For Anno 2070 (a long time ago now 😄 , I should play it again in the future! Was also a fantastic game ) I used mods for the first time years after I stopped playing it, just to spice things up (pun intended 😉 ). I only used mods that were not in the "cheat" category. Who remembers the algae on land, and other nice additions 🙂
    For Anno 1800 I did not use mods (yet). There is so much content in the normal season passes that there was no need to add extra things, but...

I dove onto the modding forum yesterday and was surprised by the fantastic work so many passionate players have done. Really... So many good ideas, so much love for the game!
    I was aware about some of the mods that I saw passing by on discord but once I saw them by myself it made me smile. People really put a lot of their free time into something with so much passion, it is amazing to see.

So, I was thinking,... We do not know if season 4 is planned and actually it does not really matter. It is already a fantastic game. But it will be talked about (and proabably is) at Ubisoft in Mainz if a 4th season is worth the time/investment.
    We could again dig up the new sessions that are previously talked about again and again... but we all know in the end it is probably not going to happen.
    That is why, team is probably downsized, and only some support is given. Why do we not make extra content officially available for a wider audience that is already created by modders? I think the Anno team is already a fantastic example if it comes to communication with the community. That is why I think talking to the modders to integrated their work officially into the game is just a small step for a communication structure that is already in place. I would think modders would be honored to get their hard work integrated.Maybe even a small compensation could be given in form of Ubisoft credits, money, a job,...
    Not every mod can be integrated blindly offcourse, but if we invest a whole season to modders content you could do some events around it. Let people vote, do modding contest to promote modding and the winner gets his mods officially into the game, ect... It would also give a lot of love to the (probably small but passionate) modding community and show people who do not know about that part of the game that there is more love for the game.

The Anno team can in the end choose which mods it will allow and which they do not.
    We have 2 categories. Cosmetic and gameplay... I started to make a list of potential interesting mods, but the list was just getting sooooooooooooo long 🙂

Really.. I would love to see the Anno team even consider picking up some of that beautiful content as a tribute to the game and all the hard work their own team and the modding team did. It would be a nice closure of a fantastic journey we all had together building this game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MrDragonfyr
    33 posts

@hier0nimus I would completely love this too.

I don't use mods, tried them once, a game update ruined them, so never went back to the site.

Cities Skylines has mods that you can install and they complete change the game (in a good way).
    Warcraft has addons that let you customize the ui, again making the game better.
    Even Nokia allowed people to change their 32/3310's back in the day, again making the phones a lot more popular and different.

Allowing user submitted content gives the game a lot more avenues and customisation that I agree would be a great addition to Anno 1800.

Great post 🙂
    Dragonfyr

Suggested Topics