ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rki99
    Original poster 13 posts

Hello,
    Currently playing watch dogs legion on PC, every time I turn on the PC it automatically starts updating the game.
    After finishing the install and I enter the game I get the Free weekend prompt to go upgrade to the full game.
    If I stop the update and choose to play offline, when I enter I'm locked by a continuously appearing prompt to pay for the game stating the free weekend has finished.
    Also if I do let the update finish, and run a "scan and repair" it does find some problems and starts repairing.

This is very unfortunate as having paid for the game, why do I have to update it (~20 GB) every time I exit uplay, otherwise I'm locked out.
    Free weekends are fine, but do not hinder the ability of the people who have already paid for the game to play it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

me too I find the fact of the free weekend on my game home page annoying ...

i bought this game 5 months ago .. 🙂 why do i have to suffer this publicity?

luckily until now it has always worked online for me .... 

• A1R50FT-10
    467 posts

@rki99

I had this issue on my PS4 yesterday

• elboobio
    2 posts

@rki99 I have to download the same 25gb patch every time I launch ubisoft connect, I find online works every other time I update it. So if you want to play online and it's greyed out I have to close connect and re launch and then download the 25gb patch again to make it work. Good job I have decent internet with no caps.

• Martelinho40K
    108 posts

The same problem here, how a triple aaa company can be so amateur

• rki99
    Original poster 13 posts

@rki99 Just wanted to say that since the free-to-play-weekend ended the bug seems to be gone.

• rki99
    Original poster 13 posts

@rki99 Talked too soon

• A1R50FT-10
    467 posts

@rki99

Wow, i feel sorry for you!

• Martelinho40K
    108 posts

@rki99 I just don't know how Ubisoft has not get a law suit from delivering bad products and a bad service.

• A1R50FT-10
    467 posts

@martelinho40k

It amazes me how they haven't been served one, given that their product (Legion) is misleading in terms of advertising

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello @rki99 . I just wanted to clarify further on this issue you're experiencing. Now that the free weekend has ended, are you still being prompted to purchase the game? Or is this still occurring for you on top of being prompted to update every time you start up the Ubisoft Connect Application? For the updating issue, I do recommend clearing the cache of the Connect app, and then verifying your game files: (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/faqs/25650/Verifying-Games-In-Uplay-UPC/) and running the app in admin. mode: (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/faqs/000025662/Run-applications-with-administrator-rights/) to see if this gets Connect to stop asking you to update.

@elboobio I also recommend that you run through the above steps as well, since you're reporting the same issue with the update.

As for everyone else, did you guys happen to grab the trial copy of the game during the free weekend? Or, in the case of @caosck , did you purchase the game during any other promotion?

Official Response
  • rki99
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubistorm Hello, Since the free to play weekend I haven't been prompted to buy the game.
    What does happen, is that whenever I close the Ubisoft Connect Application, (whether manually or because I've exited another game) it starts updating the game again.
    Been playing in offline mode to be allowed to enter the game.
    I've tried opening Ubisoft Connect Application back up running in admin mode, still happens.
    I've verified game files, and it does report it as having missing/corrupted files, even after updating it.
    I have cleared the cache, but I think I haven't tried after reopening it.

• steadybarker
    2 posts

Same problem here. I bought the game and its dlc well before the free weekend and the game wants to update all the time (I've run the update three times and that's enough). I've followed the advice and have cleared the Ubidoft Connect app cache (no effect), validated the game files (all OK) and have set the app to run as an administrator. I thought the last step had solved the problem as the game loads and runs but now a long box full of letters (mostly the letter 'e') appears on the screen. it's like opening the console on a Bethesda game. I'm in the final showdown with Nigel Cass and when I unlock the first puzzle I am unable to take any shots at Cass - this means I cannot make any further progress in the game. I cannot get rid of the box on screen.

I have three other games installed on my PC from my 22 game Ubisoft library, and all three want to update every time they are run despite the fact that I've run the update twice on all three (Assassin's Creed Valhalla, The Division 2 and Anno 1800). I had no problems at all until the free weekend for Watch Dogs Legion and Anno 1800.

It seems something is broken on Ubisoft Connect. It needs to be fixed quickly.

• steadybarker
    2 posts

@steadybarker Update: on a different post in the forum saw that the Ubisoft Connect app changes the installation path, in my case away from my 'D' drive where my games are installed to the 'C' drive which runs Windows. Switching the installation path for Ubi Connect back to my 'D' drive seems to have done the trick, and undoing the app to run in administrator mode seems to have removed the weird console-like box from the screen. We'll see if this lasts over the next few days. However, this is disappointing from a major games studio and has wasted many hours of my time.

• ostfalen
    6 posts

same problem here.

I cannot play anymore. Always get 25 gb of update on pc. I have a slow connection and it will take a day to download again. I have this problem since yesterday and donwloaded it yesterday (online mode was also still blocked). Played on free weekend and bought it.
    And for me:
    clear cache - NO FIX
    verfiying - NO FIX
    admin mode - NO FIX

Seriously?

Suggested Topics