Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

I never enjoy hunting and fishing in games. I find it to be too tedious, and fishing especially is a slow grind. But here are a few ways I think it could be improved in ACV and future games.

• Add hunting/fishing areas to maps. These would be general areas where specific types of animals are likely to be. They can be discovered either by exploring or as rewards for missions. We have information now, but it is buried in the inventory menu, and my memory isn't that good.
    • Have unlockable abilities that work on animals. Mark of Death, for example, only seems to work on aggressive animals.
    • Have upgradable gear. A hunting bow could actually be specialized for hunting animals. A fishing line could be upgradable to a fishing net to catch more at once.
    • Add traps that you can place and then revisit to collect your reward. You could add an animal trap that attracts bobcats. It would show up on the map. Once it caught something, the indicator would change, and then you could return to collect the materials. Traps could be a skill that you learned or it could be something you bought from merchants.
    • Make it more rewarding. The hunting and fishing rewards aren't worth the time it takes. The higher levels rewards come so late in the game, and I am already so strong that the rewards mean nothing at this point. Some of the hunting in HZD was frustrating, but you always got to upgrade your gear for your troubles.
    • Make hunting and fishing goals selectable so that they show up as your current mission. If you need to collect 10 hides to upgrade your quiver, it should show that you have 4 of 10, etc.
    • For extra fun, you could organize a hunting/fishing trip. Have a few of our allies join you, and whatever they collect becomes yours. These hunting parties could be upgradable to have better rewards.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics