ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ukesilkeris6
    Original poster 2 posts
    Banned

I got a group of a few friends that enjoy games that have leveing/skilling up, searching for loot, and pvp and this game seems to fit the billl. I played and enjoyed the first one, but only played it for the first several months it came out. A couple questions id like to ask the community here..
    Is this game still active? Is there a decent variety in builds or is everyone pretty cookie cutter? Any new players picking up the game still? How is the pvp scene? Can you grab loot from other players before it gets extracted like in Division 1?
    Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@ukesilkeris6 Yes to all. I recently started playing solo and coop and it’s a very engaging game. I don’t play PvP but have ventured into the DZ and it’s been great. I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t enjoy it.

• MadMountain87
    1 posts

@virtual-chris if your looking for ppl to play with, I recently picked it up as well... im on ps4.. miss ya over on breakpoint forum

• HonestlyOK1986
    147 posts

The pve will keep you busy for about 40 hours if you get the expansion as well, side missions maybe another 10 hours, summit from floor 0 to 100, well that depends on skill i suppose, same for raids that you need 8 players for. The pvp on xbox is pretty dead tbh, still find people but its all smg or ar bland same builds over an over again, that bits dull. Worth picking up for a play through on the cheap. Dz is no where near as entertaining as the 1st game but yeah you can still steal loot

• tcarlisle2012
    174 posts

I can think of many reasons you might not like PvP n this game. If the PvP aspect of the game is a big part of the reason you are interested, I'd urge you to look closely. There s not a lot of build diversity for being successful in PvP, the integrity of the game is not great as the game is subject to cheat mods, and the sportsmanship in the DZ is low.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    254 posts

@ukesilkeris6 The game is still very active. There's a rather large update coming out at the end of the year.

In the current state of the game, there isn't much build diversity at. An overwhelming amount of players use the same build. Current meta is a Famas with In-Sync, a shield, DMG out of cover attributes. You'll see this build on the majority of players in the DZ and almost everyone in Conflict. [Me and my friends actually stopped playing Conflict because of the current meta] With the update coming out this year, I'd expect to see this re-worked as they did state they want to increase build diversity across the board. The current meta isn't OP, but it gets annoying encountering it in almost every gunfight. I don't use meta and can still manage to take down players. If you're solely getting D2 for PvP just be prepared to run into players running shields and meta.

New players seem to always be joining. I play on PC and encounter new players almost every day.

If you do pick it up, I would also recommend playing through the main story and not skipping it to go the NY DLC. You'll get the chance to learn about the different gear, weapons and find gear that you want to run. I had a few friends pick up the game, skip through the story to go into the DZ as quick as they could and became quickly overwhelmed with the different types of gear and understanding how the game works.

Overall, It's a fun, quality game, great story with outstanding visuals and detail. Would recommend getting it 10/10.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    In the current state of the game, there isn't much build diversity

I haven't been in the DZ for awhile, but this is incorrect for PvE.

• ukesilkeris6
    Original poster 2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Adrian-11
    881 posts

@ukesilkeris6

You got hacked? or what's going on with those spammy links?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@adrian-11 it's a spammer. They copy the text from someone else and insert their spam links. Just report it as spam.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@dagrommit

Yeah, but shows up as posted by real users, OP in this case... And it's more than just this one case.
    Some sort of spoofing targeting forums, I guess.

• Beelzeboss3DG
    2 posts

@raciaiadhesive let me hijack this thread instead of making a new one: New player here, got to lv16 and Im considering using the lv30 boost. Question: I read that "If you use the boost, you won't be able to unlock commendations or achievements." Will I be able to get every achievement PAST lv30/expansion on the boosted character?

The idea is to keep the lv16 character and go back to finish the main story/get the achievements for that later, but I wanna make the boosted character my main (way better looks). Is there any disadvantage in doing that?

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@beelzeboss3dg

It depends...
    If you like the story, including side missions, boosting to level 30 will cause you to lose all side missions, you can't play them anymore.
    If you want to get to the end game grind as soon as possible and the story is not important, then no problem to skip to NY.

The usual recommendation is to play the story, including all side missions. Once you've done that, you can safely skip to NY without losing any other pieces. It's the not proper story order, but at least you can play them if you want.
    If you want to follow the story timeline as close as possible, this is the order:

1. DC campaign
    2. World tiers 1-5 (just a full run-through invaded missions, don't have to complete all tiers)
    3. Camp White Oak
    4. Manning National Zoo
    5. Pentagon
    6. DARPA
    7. Coney Island Ballpark
    8. Coney Island Amusement Park
    9. NY Campaign.

This applies to one character. Characters are independent, so yes, boosting to 30 with a second one won't mess up the story for the first. Long post for a short final answer. 🙄

• Beelzeboss3DG
    2 posts

@adrian-11 Thanks! I guess I'll keep playing my main, just a little salty that I cant edit her face and dont feel like starting over at lv1. One more question: Can I put the gear I get from the lv30 boost alt in the stash to transfer it to my main and use it at lv30, or will I have better gear by then?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@beelzeboss3dg this thread will likely get deleted once the mods look at the spam reports. You would be better off starting your own thread.

And yes, your stash is shared across all characters.

Suggested Topics