ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FreehandMart1
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello

I've been playing AC Valhalla on my Xbox Series X since launch and I've had a constant minor irritant. After resuming the game after it was in suspend mode, I can never access Reda's inventory or get daily quests from him unless I restart the game-thus obviating the advantage of the suspend feature. The weird thing is I can usually access the weekly challenges in the ubisoft connect menu so it's only a problem with Reda. Can you please fix this?

Thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1719 posts

@freehandmart1 I started to notice this too on my PS4. Happened to me twice already.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2254 posts

Hey @FreehandMart1

We have an ongoing investigation into the issue of the shop being empty until the game is restarted, but I'll update it to say that maybe the reports we have been seeing are due to the suspend / quick resume feature on console so that can be looked into.

I have seen other issues in games caused from this quick resume feature of the consoles too, because games disconnect from the internet whilst suspended, and obviously some in-game features need an active connection. Hopefully it's something the devs are able to find a way around, instead of having to restart the game to reconnect to these kinds of game features.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard

@bielik01 Are you also using rest mode on your PS4 when you notice this happen?

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1719 posts

@ubi-froggard yeah, most of the time it works, until now I had this problem twice when waking the console up.

• Ubi-Froggard

@bielik01 Thanks for confirming that. I have just reported this for both you and @FreehandMart1 happening on your consoles from using the rest mode / quick resume so it can be tested and looked into. If we need to know anything further, we'll let you know here.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for confirming this. I have long suspected that the need for an active Internet connection was the blame for why I couldn’t see Reda’s shop or the map photos after loading the game from Quick Resume on my XBox Series X. I have gotten into the habit of basically quitting the game when I was done and loading it from scratch every time I wanted to play. This can be tedious sometimes when it’s so easy to load up other games from Quick Resume.

• Ubi-Froggard

@thenorfolkian Yeah I can understand it's tedious sometimes. I like to use rest mode on the PS5 too. I only use it for single player offline games though as I've noticed an issue when using it on an online game I play (can't name names) where even if I enter rest mode at the main menu, it will cause an error to show after I play a match upon quick resuming that asks me to restart the game.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@ubi-froggard Let’s both hope the developers can figure out some kind of work-around in the future for both console systems. Maybe the solution is something like a periodic server ping, where every IP is checked for which systems are actively online, in stand-by mode, or off (no response to ping). That way, when the servers detect active gameplay, they can reinitialize the connection and provide the data to Reda’s inventory, the map photos, and whatever else is required for a connect. I remember that when playing AC Unity, the game would let me know when it had been disconnected from Ubisoft servers, and then it would attempt to reconnect and let me know that it had re-established a connection.

• Ubi-Froggard

@thenorfolkian Yeah, hopefully it will be possible to add a check for a reconnection and/or reconnect automatically. We'll let you know if we get any updates on this.

Official Response
  • TheYoyolegz
    1 posts

I came across this because I was having the same issue and, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a requirement, but for me what fixed it is I didn't have Xbox Live Gold and since I got it, it works... Is Gold required to access this part of the game (Redas as well as the photos on the map)?

Thanks,

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@theyoyolegz That is a very interesting observation. @bielik01 Do you pay for PlayStation Plus?

@Ubi-Froggard Can you confirm if the Ubisoft servers are prioritizing players with active subscription services like Ubisoft+, XBox Live Gold, and PlayStation Plus?

• bielik01
    1719 posts

@thenorfolkian yeah, I have my PS Plus active, but I also have this problem from time to time, but very rarely.

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@bielik01 Ah, so it happens only rarely for you, eh? I don't have Live Gold on my XBox and it happens all the time. It seems kind of odd that I may need to sign up for a subscription service just to have better connectivity with Quick Resume.

• azullFR
    2051 posts

@thenorfolkian
    hi !
    just an add that won't be helpful that much as I only used PS4 Quick Resume only few times and mainly with closed games (Mainly because I don't have this habit and also because of the Data Corrruption Bug) :

I have 2 shared accounts on the same PS4 (1 have PS+, the 2nd doesn't have it) =
    I bought the Ultimate Edit° on the "No PS+" account
    I can use Valhalla (and DLC) on the shared account that have PS+ (Note that games with DLC from PS+ account can be used with all DLC on the "No PS+" account too)
    I always disconnect one account before connecting the other one by shutting down the PS4 = so I don't use the Quick resume.

Regarding Reda's Shop and Helix Shop, from what I noticed the 2 accounts always had more or less the same behaviour (Notice that I openned the Helix Shop only 3 or 4 times per account in more than 1 year because of the Berserker gear reset)

I am wondering if PS and Xbox are managing connections and, or accounts in different ways ... (example : my "shared DLCs")

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@azullfr You have a good point there... it could be that Sony and Microsoft treat connections with game servers differently.

• B00MSIE
    397 posts

@thenorfolkian

Strange thing, I also play Wildlands and Breakpoint (both Ubi games) and do not have any problem with them. The dailies always change on the same time (no matter if I use quick resume after playing another game or suspend mode). They always automatically reconnect. Sometimes I have to press “y” to change profile, without changing it, but after that it immediately works. Valhalla is the only game that “supports” quick resume, but messes things up badly on my series x. I do not have Xbox live.

But even when hard closing Valhalla, Reda’s shop is not always updating/available. Because of my work I have a superb internet connection (support for both ip4 (nat) and direct ip6 to the internet), which is constantly monitored and never down. So it really is this game.

• azullFR
    2051 posts

@b00msie

thanks for these additional infos 👍

This reminds me that Far Cry 6 as its own reset issues : the weekly reset happens every monday at 12:00 AM GMT/UTC
    If people are playing Far Cry 6 at this exact time =

• Weekly Missions (Insurgecy) = OK
    • Lola Shop is down for 24 hours (kind of Reda shop)

So it really is this game.

So, for sure now, yes, the problem come from how the games are handling servers connections and what requests they are making

Suggested Topics