ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• T1gerAssAssin
    Original poster 175 posts

@a1r50ft-10 yes that's one of them,

Thank you very much.

I don't understand what you were saying about hash browns and stuff..
    I really am new to the tech stuff. Didn't need it before but I'm trying to learn.
    I don't know where unlisted would be found.
    I don't see it .
    Of course there are a lot of symbols in the message top part.

Don't know what they are either.
    Well thank you so much for grabbing that video. You make it seem easy, I'm glad you are smart.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

@a1r50ft-10 Thanks for sharing @T1gerAssAssin 's video. We'll forward this on to the game team too.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10 yes that's one of them,

Thank you very much.

I don't understand what you were saying about hash browns and stuff..
    I really am new to the tech stuff. Didn't need it before but I'm trying to learn.
    I don't know where unlisted would be found.
    I don't see it .
    Of course there are a lot of symbols in the message top part.

Don't know what they are either.
    Well thank you so much for grabbing that video. You make it seem easy, I'm glad you are smart.

Hey, if it helps, i can create a screen recording going through how to do this process or i can post annotated screenshots. Whichever you prefer. Unfortunately, i would have private messsaged you this however i know ubi have disabled this feature on the new forums

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey guys!

I've merged another thread discussing this here, just to keep everything together and streamlined!

Thanks for your continued updates and clips, they've been passed on!

In the meantime, restarting the console has been known to resolve this as a workaround.

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin

@ubi-theberry

This bug is still ongoing

• TmplRfl00d
    30 posts

@ubi-theberry

I am playing right now, in co-op, and during meltdown a guy joined and then Albion red soldiers with grenades, the ones with helmets not beanies showed up and now every map I go to I'm detected whenever close to an enemy or restricted area.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

I can confirm that this issue is still present. (Before you ask, i will NOT be sharing a video because it'll just get seen and ignored like my previous ones have.)

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

At this point there's no sense in complaining. The support for this game is dead and abandoned.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    At this point there's no sense in complaining. The support for this game is dead and abandoned.

Hate to say it but you're right

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey there guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

This issue has been tough for our team to reproduce and fix so we have no further information at this time.

We advise to continue restarting the game completely should you encounter this issue, as it should return enemies to their normal state.

If there's anything further we can help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey there guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

This issue has been tough for our team to reproduce and fix so we have no further information at this time.

We advise to continue restarting the game completely should you encounter this issue, as it should return enemies to their normal state.

If there's anything further we can help with, please let us know!

I'm not gonna lie, i'm really disappointed that the team haven't be able to reproduce an issue which has been in the game for MONTHS. Why has it taken such a long time to update us on this investigation?

The way I reproduced this issue was to join a tac ops/co-op session then leave mid mission. I found that joining a public free roam session after leaving caused Albion to shoot at me as I LOAD IN to a public session.

The game sometimes crashes due to the auto aggro bug. I can't get a video as evidence for this because my recording will stop the moment the game crashes, making it hard for Ubi to know exactly when the game crashes.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10
    If on ps4 it not only stops but discards it as well so there leaves nothing to send anyway.

And I'm onboard, I don't understand how they couldn't easily reproduce this.
    I saw a player who said they encountered it on their very first load before ever even recruiting someone.

As long as they're playing on a console, with an officially released copy, that has performed all the updates just as the rest of us I don't see how anyone couldn't reproduce it unless they are not actually playing multiplayer.
    Skip the solo assignments and head into co-op and tac ops. Grab a couple invasions, play for at least an hour a day, I recommend 3 times a day to cover all timezones, and it will happen. Don't forget to take out Albion's and kellys you happen to randomly pass.

I almost always stop what I'm doing to go free people who are handcuffed or are being targeted by Albion or Kelly goons.
    Feel free to join in a session with me, we'll run through the maps together. Send me an email or wait for reply here if you want to schedule a time. Add to a friend list I don't care, it happens often enough I doubt it would take many attempts.
    I'll even give you my word not to video the sessions.
    I don't mind helping out fix this annoying bug.

• T1gerAssAssin

@ubi-theberry

Hey theberry,

The last post sent I responded to airsoft but the majority of it was to you or rather the team working on it I guess.
    The offer is out there, I can group up.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10
    If on ps4 it not only stops but discards it as well so there leaves nothing to send anyway.

And I'm onboard, I don't understand how they couldn't easily reproduce this.
    I saw a player who said they encountered it on their very first load before ever even recruiting someone.

As long as they're playing on a console, with an officially released copy, that has performed all the updates just as the rest of us I don't see how anyone couldn't reproduce it unless they are not actually playing multiplayer.
    Skip the solo assignments and head into co-op and tac ops. Grab a couple invasions, play for at least an hour a day, I recommend 3 times a day to cover all timezones, and it will happen. Don't forget to take out Albion's and kellys you happen to randomly pass.

I almost always stop what I'm doing to go free people who are handcuffed or are being targeted by Albion or Kelly goons.
    Feel free to join in a session with me, we'll run through the maps together. Send me an email or wait for reply here if you want to schedule a time. Add to a friend list I don't care, it happens often enough I doubt it would take many attempts.
    I'll even give you my word not to video the sessions.
    I don't mind helping out fix this annoying bug.

@T1gerAssAssin my PSN is [REDACTED]

If you want, we can team up on Legion as and when you want to. Same offer goes to WD1 and WD2. If there's any multiplayer trophies you need for WD1 and WD2, I can help you get them.

@Ubi-TheBerry I would like some clarification on some things.

1) How do investigations regarding WDL bugs work? As far as I'm aware, Ubi ask for videos from players which demonstrate bugs players are reporting. Ubi staff also ask us to follow troubleshooting steps as a temporary workaround. I shared a video regarding auto aggression ages ago yet months after, I find out the team can't replicate this issue?

2) Are Legion bugs only treated as bugs by the Dev team if they can reproduce the bugs reported? The Auto Aggression bug is a well known issue that has been present for MONTHS. This bug is not hard to reproduce at all. I have managed to replicate this on TWO platforms. I've even been able to isolate where this issue persists.

3) Why does the team no longer update the bug reporter? I've reported issues that are STILL 'pending review' despite creating bug reports more than a couple of weeks ago.

@Ubi-TheBerry i look forward to hearing from you soon regarding the above 3 questions.

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

@a1r50ft-10 Because Ubisoft has clearly abandoned the game.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

@rcdeschene You're right. That would explain the lack of plans for the game in the long run

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

I can see that we have some heated discussions and I will try to shed some light on the matter.

This particular issue regarding hostile NPCs is something that has been brought up a while back and our team has been attempting to address this however just as Ubi-TheBerry advised earlier, with the recent patch, we have been having difficulties to reproduce this, therefore for any of those who are still continuously experiencing it, can I check the following:

1. Does game restart help to resolve this or does issue persist regardless? Although not ideal, do mind that it can take a few attempts
    2. If you are able to consistently reproduce the issue, can you advise us the steps you follow, including the platform you play on? If either of you were able to capture a video of it - that will be extremely useful, so send it over and we will take it from there

Goes without saying - apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued patience and communication.

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    Hey guys!
    ****skipped****
    with the recent patch, we have been having difficulties to reproduce this, therefore for any of those who are still continuously experiencing it, can I check the following:

1. Does game restart help to resolve this or does issue persist regardless? Although not ideal, do mind that it can take a few attempts
    2. If you are able to consistently reproduce the issue, can you advise us the steps you follow, including the platform you play on? If either of you were able to capture a video of it - that will be extremely useful, so send it over and we will take it from there

@Ubi-Karl

Or ubiwhomever, repeat correspondence is a rarity lol.

1.)
    Game and possibly system restart appear to work inconsistently.
    Leads me to believe that it could also be coincidence.
    Most often it doesn't change anything, though it can fool you by not reactivating until you are in menu or dedsec in shops.
    by reading previous comments and threads related to this issue, you can see where I had reset the game 11 times once just for the chance to reach the safehouse.
    Of course upon leaving it was back.

2.)
    I play on ps4.
    I'm pretty sure both airsoft and I already gave details on how and when we get "infected".
    Just scroll up.

But OK, please 1st let me tell you the steps taken to greatly reduce the chance of being infected.
    Loading on a friend only map.
    If playing friend only co-op or tac-op, or spider arena, when you wish to leave go directly to the main menu.
    Do not have friends that can join your map in case they were infected.
    Do not play invasion.
    LOTD is unknown, It is hard to tell if it can transfer.
    If you choose leave session rather than menu, you will be transported to a public map even though you came from friend only mission and free roam to start.
    There is no option around it.

2-2.)
    Notice the trend?
    Public maps, interaction with other players.

Now due to the reports of difficulty becoming infected I have some theorys.
    Trying to place myself in halls shoes, I asked myself what could be the most likely differences between our accounts.

1st the idea;
    I have played the game, completed multiple story mode, completed online well everything.
    Because the first incidents that others not me are remembered happening are the intrusions of leader of pack drones, audio, and the plasma bursts that will kill you while in co-op, as well occasionally even free roam;

I ask have the testers also completed the same?

Story, tac, co, assignment, city event, and I would suggest completing in order to maintain accuracy, story then co then tac leader of pack of course. Paperless and omni should wait, in fact I still can't get a team together so I can finish last omni mission.

Have they done leader of pack many times, enough to have noticed the reported issues within all the missions?

Keep in mind early on there was not a lot to do, still not IMO, and many of us players farmed leader of the pack and maxed our rank within a few days.

Last, how much trouble have they caused?

See players are **censored**
    So think kid wreaking havoc.
    Because not all of us start throwing down with NPCs without just cause, I refer you to the challenges.
    Challenges expect us to be low down dirty criminal deviants constantly on the run as if none of us are smart enough to remember that at its core dedsec/ watchdogs games revolve mostly around stealth, hacking, and utilizing tech to accomplish goals remotely and or undetected. Kind of inline with how to play as intended as an assassin in multiplayer PvP creed games.
    Challenges ask us to escape high level pursuits, so we have to intentionally act like a fool,
    Steal Albion's cars and sink them, they don't appreciate it, and so on.

My POV,
    This bug acts like a bug, a cold or flu bug.
    If you do not have it, you will be able to get it through contact/proximity to a player suffering from it.
    If you have it, it is a possibility that by passing it on to another will get your game right again.
    You can encounter most often an infected player by playing co-op, tac-op, maybe or probably spiderarena, and for sure also invasion either side of the attack.
    ** to be continued.

• T1gerAssAssin
    This post is deleted!
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey guys!

I can see that we have some heated discussions and I will try to shed some light on the matter.

This particular issue regarding hostile NPCs is something that has been brought up a while back and our team has been attempting to address this however just as Ubi-TheBerry advised earlier, with the recent patch, we have been having difficulties to reproduce this, therefore for any of those who are still continuously experiencing it, can I check the following:

Goes without saying - apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued patience and communication.

@Ubi-Karl, kindly show me where the heated discussions are in this thread. If any of my posts come across as 'heated' then it's because I'm frustrated by the lack of communication and action from Ubisoft in relation to bugs.
    1. A workaround would not resolve this issue in the long run. The issue is unpredictable (in my experience). Closing and opening the game doesn't resolve the issue entirely.
    2. Please refer to my post addressed to @Ubi-TheBerry

Suggested Topics