ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

@Ubi-Karl

So, if you guys are still around and willing to address the issues with this game, including the online mode, my primary request would be to disable the Leader Of The Pack Tactical Ops until it gets resolved. At least that way, the rest of us can play the mode with less of a headache.

• T1gerAssAssin
    Original poster 175 posts

@t1gerassassin

@Ubi-Karl

Continued***

It seems it has been posted yay.

So to complete the "article" lol

Steps to acquire or "reproduce" this bu.

1 play as if you wanted to be in a multiplayer game.

Team up and do missions with as many people as possible.

2 inquire through chat box with players in lobby if they have or had direct interference with the bug. If not move to another lobby until you do. You can get more info or first hand view.

3 take folks like me who offered to schedule a in game meet up on their offer.

Probably the fastest and the one sure fire way to get up close and personal with it is to partner up with someone who has or repeatedly has been infected.
    To me these are just common sense.

When y'all are ready to get serious holler at me. I've never been one for wasting time.
    And I always do what I say that's what is called having honor and pride in knowing your word is true.
    Less talking more action folks, just like back in the war.
    Get it done before someone gets killed.

Hope this helps.

** oh BTW something been up with the forum, I wasn't able to access till now to finish this.
    Thanks.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

@t1gerassassin you're right. I had an error message to say 'Ubisoft Discussions is not available. Please come back later'

• violet_xoxox
    1 posts

Hey! I’ve been having troubles like this. I have been online the last 2 undefineddays whenever I go near even walk by somewhere full of enemies I’m automatically shot at even without doing anything! It’s annoying.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi all!

This issue has been tough for our team to reproduce and fix. One workaround we have found is to restart the game completely, which can return the drones to their normal state.

Thank you all for updating this thread with your experiences. If you have any additional questions for us, please be in touch.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

@ubi-nacho i'm gonna be honest. This is somewhat frustrating to hear. I've stopped playing this game because it looks like bugs won't be fixed anytime soon

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

Hey @a1r50ft-10

We understand that the workaround Ubi-Nacho mentioned above isn't ideal, it's just the only information we have at the moment about it that may be useful for some players if they are still early on in the game but it doesn't mean the dev team won't still look into it further.

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin

@ubi-nacho

As has been previously stated, multiple times, restarting the game and or system is not a viable workaround.
    It can appear to work after repeated restarts but is not reliable and should not be considered successful outside of coincidence.

Both airsoft and I have posted steps to help prevent it that actually work with repeated results.

Please do not spread false information.

• T1gerAssAssin

@ubi-froggard

Glad to hear that.
    Stay vigilant, we all believe in you.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

I can understand the frustration.
    However unlike me, you're posts are always well written and professional sounding with plenty of courtesy.

In fact, the one earlier with the quotes was probably the most, closely resembling but in no way heated IMO.

Maybe I'm a bad influence on you hahaha.

Obviously I convey my strong beliefs and passionately attempt to motivate and provide concerns to ubi.
    Even though they can act quite thin skinned at times, I know its the customers right and responsibility to provide information so they can fully asses and consider the wants of the customer.

Money making 101 provide what they want and they'll buy it.

I sure hope they grow in understanding and accepting constructive criticism in order to always strive to improve.
    If not moving forward, may as well be sinking backwards, right, right.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey @a1r50ft-10

We understand that the workaround Ubi-Nacho mentioned above isn't ideal, it's just the only information we have at the moment about it that may be useful for some players if they are still early on in the game but it doesn't mean the dev team won't still look into it further.

@Ubi-Froggard Thank you for taking my concerns into consideration. As @T1gerAssAssin has previously said, the provided workaround is only a short term workaround, hence why we are both frustrated that the team have been unable to replicate this issue.

I would like to suggest an idea as to how I think this issue can be looked into further by the Dev Team. Please see it below:

• Can the Dev team disable Tac Ops 1, Mission 5? When I experience hostile NPC's, it is as if the game thinks I am playing this mission when I am not.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

Everyone I know has seen it, I even know someone who was affected the very 1st time they began online.

Never even got to move, spawned bleeding out.

If they can't recreate what everyone has to deal with than their not even playing a released version.

Or they are not playing at all.
    I figure their running their test software. Just go buy or download a game and play it. The only way they can say they can't is by not trying or just plain lying, which they have done in the past when they couldn't figure out how to fix things similar.
    Ya feel me

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

I mean real talk time, if they were 100% serious why would they not take me up on the offer to group up?

Definitive proof shown a fact that 100% their guaranteed to study it, but they don't do the common sense thing.

Let me share an old military proverb.
    The acronym KISS.

Keep it simple stupid.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

@t1gerassassin I agree! It's a shame they didn't take you up on that. They know that this issue has been in the game for ages! I don't know about you but this is defo a QA issue! I've challenged them regarding their testing of features before!

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10

Everyone I know has seen it, I even know someone who was affected the very 1st time they began online.

If they can't recreate what everyone has to deal with than their not even playing a released version.

I figure their running their test software. Just go buy or download a game and play it. The only way they can say they can't is by not trying or just plain lying, which they have done in the past when they couldn't figure out how to fix things similar.
    Ya feel me

Same, i know others who have stopped playing this game because of the bugs. I am one of those. I'd love to know which platforms they're trying to replicate this problem on because as far as i am aware, all platforms are suffering from the Hostile NPC's issue.

I have suffered this issue on two platforms. I don't understand how they can't replicate this issue if i'm honest

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10

Ya feel me

@T1gerAssAssin I remember I had the Hostile NPC's issue when playing Invasion once. I couldn't even engage in combat or move because I didn't have access to my own operative's optik. That meant that targets could see me on the map even before I chose a player to invade!

Part of me thinks Ubisoft tell us it's under investigation as like a distraction tactic so the anger from us players dies down by the time they would actually bother to replicate or address the issue.. It's no wonder there are so many issues that are yet to be fixed in this game. What do you think?

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

I've come up with 3 scenarios.

(1 They tell us one thing and do another.
    Focusing on money and their own vision displaying their complete lack of interest in catering to the customers desires.

(2 They're not following the massive amounts of instructions we've given them.
    And with a holier than thou attitude use other means while testing assuming everything they use is superior and we are all just a bunch of morons..
    Likely a version with incorporated programing functions and testing software, kinda like the old android devices had that allowed access to developer functions to assist with people creating apps.

(3 I have said it before that ubi has a long history of not fixing issues in their games.
    They abandon every game with problems they just ignore.
    At face value it just seems like their all just stuck up jerks who ignore their customers.
    However a likely scenario is that they can't fix them, they don't have the necessary skills to combat the strange results of their own programing blunders and won't spend the money to outsource it and since they don't want to admit they cant perform their function the whole thing gets brushed under the rug to spare some embarrassment.

Of course I can't be sure of anything but based on the interactions these are what I find to be the highest possibilities.
    Ubisoft no doubt aspires to continue innovating and this stance causes them to appear like the fine tuning and polishing is beneath them.

I've lost count of all the times I've called them out for lies, and other despicable acts.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

Hey @a1r50ft-10

Regarding the comment on how the team have been unable to replicate it, bugs can be hard to replicate if they are linked to performing something in a specific way, or only start happening after a certain mission, and could even be linked to doing so with a specific piece of equipment being used, just to name a few, and as there's lots of combinations of those things, lots of ways of completing missions in open world games, it can be a very large and difficult task to find the cause.

I will pass on your suggestion about Tac Ops 1, Mission 5 so they can look into this and hopefully consider that and/or find out if that is the cause of it.

As @T1gerAssAssin has mentioned it has happened to someone's first time going online, this kind of information just makes it even harder to narrow down where the issue may originate from. If it's something that can happen completely at random, I can only imagine that must make it harder to find a fix for.

We definitely don't say something is under investigation as a distraction tactic and hope your anger at it just goes away. Please remember that myself and the other staff you see posting on the forums are not the dev team. We do want to see the devs be able to resolve all issues as much as you do, but we can only provide the information that we have. We like to keep our presence on the forums seen, even if we have to repeat ourselves in a thread, we would rather do this than stay silent on a topic. This can help keep other users on the forum up to date with where we are too, so they don't need to read a whole thread to find our response if there is a lot of comments being made.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey @a1r50ft-10

Regarding the comment on how the team have been unable to replicate it, bugs can be hard to replicate if they are linked to performing something in a specific way, or only start happening after a certain mission, and could even be linked to doing so with a specific piece of equipment being used, just to name a few, and as there's lots of combinations of those things, lots of ways of completing missions in open world games, it can be a very large and difficult task to find the cause.

I will pass on your suggestion about Tac Ops 1, Mission 5 so they can look into this and hopefully consider that and/or find out if that is the cause of it.

As @T1gerAssAssin has mentioned it has happened to someone's first time going online, this kind of information just makes it even harder to narrow down where the issue may originate from. If it's something that can happen completely at random, I can only imagine that must make it harder to find a fix for.

We definitely don't say something is under investigation as a distraction tactic and hope your anger at it just goes away. Please remember that myself and the other staff you see posting on the forums are not the dev team. We do want to see the devs be able to resolve all issues as much as you do, but we can only provide the information that we have. We like to keep our presence on the forums seen, even if we have to repeat ourselves in a thread, we would rather do this than stay silent on a topic. This can help keep other users on the forum up to date with where we are too, so they don't need to read a whole thread to find our response if there is a lot of comments being made.

Hi @Ubi-Froggard I would like to kindly point out that I am already aware that Ubi Support Staff on the forums are not the dev team. If you were from the dev team, you wouldn't be telling players that feedback etc will be passed onto the dev team.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey @a1r50ft-10

@Ubi-Froggard There are two issues causing the Hostile NPC's issue as far as I know. (i've suffered with both)

1) Tac Ops 1, mission 5
    2) Nigel Cass single player mission

As for the 'under investigation' thing, the reason why I said i thought it was a distraction tactic is because I know players who have given up hope on Watch Dogs Legion Online mode because of Ubisoft not fixing this game breaking bug. I've personally gone in circles with Ubisoft Support trying to get this issue resolved over a number of months. I like others have given up. I personally feel I have done what I can and it's now up to Ubisoft to do what they can to fix this.

@T1gerAssAssin thank you for encouraging me to continue speaking up on Legion bugs. I very much appreciate it

Suggested Topics