ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• T1gerAssAssin
    Original poster 175 posts

@ubi-froggard

Please don't misunderstand,
    I, and maybe we collectively if they are same, assume these messages and the information within them are being sent to the team responsible.

we have zero information on those folks so we address as a wide net ubisoft in a general way.
    Those of you who have the daunting task of going in between shouldn't get out of shape or anything because in our eyes you are all official representatives of ubisoft .

If you all are not the person the message is intended for just see it gets to the correct one please.

Thank you

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

Sadly sometimes you have to get a little loud to ensure your message is received.

And if I did something that helped or basically made you happy then I'm happy.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10

Sadly sometimes you have to get a little loud to ensure your message is received.

And if I did something that helped or basically made you happy then I'm happy.

Unfortunately, I think you are right on your first point @T1gerAssAssin. I reference one of your other threads where you explained your frustration very well and blunt so it was clear to understand what the issues were.

I took issue with the response Ubisoft gave you on that thread because of when 'respect' was brought into it. Your posts are respectful and when they aren't, it's because you're frustrated (i am assuming).

As for your second point, I appreciate it 🙂

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

I can get frustrated faster these days.
    IRL everything is too horrible to bare, though I always make a conscience effort to not allow separate issues impact others.

But I'm sure it bleeds through somehow. It would be hard to believe it wouldn't.
    I think I'm so impatient about my games because they're the only "good" thing I have IRL.

Its gotten real bad the last month with the holidays and I lost another therapist so I don't have that outlet any more.

Its crazy bruh, I've had 4 therapist all quit on me. Well one retired, but the other three quit because my stories gave them nightmares and other stuff I didn't understand.
    Got tired of it and did some stupid stuff.

Yeah I'm not going into it but for fudge sake it'd be nice if something went right for a change.
    I just want to play my game and pretend everything else was just a dream.
    That doesn't seem too much to ask for.
    Man, I can't even stay on topic.

Oh I just remembered, I feel confident that LOTD has nothing to do with the bug.
    Been testing it out, so far other than the online missions and London map.
    I've already verified invasion and spider arena can spread the bug but not 1 occurrence in zombie mode.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10

I can get frustrated faster these days.
    IRL everything is too horrible to bare, though I always make a conscience effort to not allow separate issues impact others.

But I'm sure it bleeds through somehow. It would be hard to believe it wouldn't.
    I think I'm so impatient about my games because they're the only "good" thing I have IRL.

Its gotten real bad the last month with the holidays and I lost another therapist so I don't have that outlet any more.

Its crazy bruh, I've had 4 therapist all quit on me. Well one retired, but the other three quit because my stories gave them nightmares and other stuff I didn't understand.
    Got tired of it and did some stupid stuff.

Yeah I'm not going into it but for fudge sake it'd be nice if something went right for a change.
    I just want to play my game and pretend everything else was just a dream.
    That doesn't seem too much to ask for.
    Man, I can't even stay on topic.

Oh I just remembered, I feel confident that LOTD has nothing to do with the bug.
    Been testing it out, so far other than the online missions and London map.
    I've already verified invasion and spider arena can spread the bug but not 1 occurrence in zombie mode.

@T1gerAssAssin i find that the hostile NPC's issue also affects Co-op missions too

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

Yes,
    Co-op, tac-op, invasion, free roam, extraction, can all be affected.

While the spider arena is not affected you can be infected during a match.

And I'm aware many people believe that tac 1-5 has a part to play but I disagree.

Before the auto detected bug ever made its presence known, co-op missions, specifically London bridge, had 2 big glitches.
    1( Drones audio and the plasma burst would intertwine during the mission.

2( All NPC and drones were frozen and the entire mission area was lit up like a brilliant white.
    So much so that it drowned out color, funny too because you could still complete the mission without ever firing a shot.

The auto detected bug entered the game with the update that was released in march.

Before that update there was a similar glitch that was rare by comparison and only affected a single player and did not spread.
    That one would cause a full scale manhunt combining Albion (NPC&drones) and clan Kelly (NPC&drones).
    Unlike the auto detect that you can escape and if out of proximity can remain at peace,
    The other glitch was inescapable.
    Invisible, underground, out of sight, didn't matter.
    The mini map was red at all times.
    Proximity didn't matter, they knew where you were.
    Even if you hid, and heard the radio call off the pursuit your mini map remained red.
    Cars, drones and NPC circled the area trying to find the way to reach you.
    Depending on hiding place you could watch on camera as a mass of drones would congregate just out of view.
    The same with NPC, when they reached their desired strength they make a bee line to you.
    Alternatively they will begin the attack early if you activate a shop.
    Oh yes and with that glitch you could activate shops, doors, etc.. Even though you were detected and map flashing red.
    Ubisoft never did confirm to me, but I tracked the cause to a story mission where an AI begins a war on humans in London.
    Basically the same attack patterns.
    And how I found it was because I never completed it, since online was impossible, I went to story and when continuing on I became aware of the patterns, dialogue, and of course the big one, after completion when went back to online the glitch never reappeared.**********
    Because it disappear upon completing the story mission I've never been able to connect the two. However its a heck of a coincidence, the similarities, the "fix" in that very update. The timing fits.
    But they are noticeably different so the only way it would work in theory is the "fix" ended up morphing, or evolving if you will into a more efficient version as you would expect from a futuristic virus determined to destroy humanity.
    It is a possibility that the "fix" actually created it from the original, however there is no concrete proof.
    Especially since ubisoft doesn't like to communicate, and has a bad habit of covering up/not admitting, blah blah we all know the rest of that line.******

The march update claimed to have a fix for that glitch, it did, however within 9 days time this new glitch became a quickly wide spread virus that we all know and love today.

Well mostly, it did alter some with 2 other updates.
    The 1st actually made it better a bit.
    However the 2nd time it came back hard and heavy and has not altered since.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

Oh by the way, that info above,
    I have released it 4 times previous in the forums as well created trouble tickets with support on the website 7 times though they claim to have only received 3.

Just fyi

One more added info;

Remnants of the frozen NPC glitch can still be seen to this day.
    Most prominent in co-op and tac-op.
    And very prominent in its birth place, the London bridge co-op mission.
    Now spread all throughout the game.
    Most people never even knew the origins of them, they just think oh glitch whatever.
    But I witnessed its birth and growth.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

@t1gerassassin We do add to our report any bits of information within the posts here that we feel would be useful to the dev team in order to resolve it, yes, but not every message. We do leave a link to the thread on the report too of course, but this is mainly for our benefit (as customer support) so we can get back to players in the thread whenever we have updates on an issue.

We appreciate that yourself and @A1R50FT-10 are eager to see the issue resolved and want to discuss the issue with each other, though, some of these discussions may be best on a general discussion thread here as there is a lot of text that anyone else coming across the thread to report the issue just may not want to read and may put them off commenting on the thread, and does sometimes veer off topic of the thread. Please feel free to add anything new to this thread that you want to communicate to us to pass on to the dev team.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @t1gerassassin We do add to our report any bits of information within the posts here that we feel would be useful to the dev team in order to resolve it, yes, but not every message. We do leave a link to the thread on the report too of course, but this is mainly for our benefit (as customer support) so we can get back to players in the thread whenever we have updates on an issue.

We appreciate that yourself and @A1R50FT-10 are eager to see the issue resolved and want to discuss the issue with each other, though, some of these discussions may be best on a general discussion thread here as there is a lot of text that anyone else coming across the thread to report the issue just may not want to read and may put them off commenting on the thread, and does sometimes veer off topic of the thread. Please feel free to add anything new to this thread that you want to communicate to us to pass on to the dev team.

@Ubi-Froggard, I appreciate and take on board the suggestions you've provided above.

Can I ask that it is shared with the Dev Team that due to the unpredictable nature of the Hostile NPC's issue, it can be difficult to capture the issue prior to when it takes place? This issue can sometimes cause the game to crash and cut off the footage if it were to be recorded.

An example of the above would be that if I were to load in to a session straight off a loading screen and I experience the Hostile NPC's issue without Nigel Cass or Gogmagog health bars appearing, how will I know to record it if that makes sense?

@T1gerAssAssin the above is for your information only

• T1gerAssAssin

@ubi-froggard

Yeah I kinda get where your coming from but honestly I've never heard of someone not wanting to comment on an issue unless what they have to add has already been shared.

More than anything I feel that you moving anything is a disservice to your customers and has nothing to do with our benefit and all for you in support.

I believe one of the biggest problems with support is that you all don't take the time to go back and read through a thread to fully understand the issue as a whole.
    One big reason some of these thread get so long is because we will get multiple support people jump in asking the same questions that have already been answered in an earlier message.its pure laziness on the support side that should be addressed instead of being pushed aside just so y'all don't have to deal with it.

You all are customer service, so if an issue is brought forth you all should handle it.
    But whenever the issue is about your performance you guys move threads, edit conversation, hand out infractions and cover up and ignore those complaints.

You all chopping apart threads causes misinterpreted information that should have been useful to the dev team.

Stop ignoring when your performance is becoming an issue and take steps to improve.
    That would be considered quality job performance and would highly raise customer satisfaction and reviews.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

I know the question was directed to support so I hope you don't mind if I present a suggestion.

When spawning onto any map there will never be enemies attacking or detecting you unless its a glitch or....

If they ever decide to fix the co-op missions from failing on a death, if spawning in the middle of one would be the exception.

Support has been notified about the issue of co-op missions failing on death since the march update when it started.

The games tutorial still shows only tac will do that but no one from ubisoft has ever supplied a response to that particular issue.

I have not pursued the issue yet because this auto detect bug is and should be the highest priority for both ubisoft and us.

• TmplRfl00d
    30 posts

@t1gerassassin

Hey tiger, no offense but your kinda weird and hard to understand.

But I'm glad you are trying to help.
    I see you all over,adding info, supporting other peoples ideas, and I even saw you telling someone how to fix something before.

Maybe just tone it down some.

Not to be mean, just to help I promise.

• T1gerAssAssin

@tmplrfl00d

Um, thanks I think.

I know I can be weird sorry.
    I try to be clear but am constantly misunderstood. I don't know why.

I guess I should apologize to everyone support staff and other players alike, sorry I don't mean to do it wrong but always have best intention.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    @a1r50ft-10

I know the question was directed to support so I hope you don't mind if I present a suggestion.
    Support has been notified about the issue of co-op missions failing on death since the march update when it started.
    The games tutorial still shows only tac will do that but no one from ubisoft has ever supplied a response to that particular issue.

@T1gerAssAssin, you've never got a response regarding players dying due to the Hostile NPC's issue during tac ops?

I got a response from Ubisoft saying they couldn't replicate the issue.

• T1gerAssAssin

@a1r50ft-10

Well pretty much I have, its all due to the same auto detect bug and their working on it.
    I imagine besides the pressure they receive from us customers, their also under pressure from the company, as well the daunting task of isolating the underlying issue that is a battle in and of itself.

I'm just guessing here but I am leaning towards corruption or an underlying feature in one of the two new systems they developed for this game.

With innovative new techniques comes new unknown issues I imagine.
    And while some can crack under pressure, these are the geniuses who have altered games forever in the past.
    And that sort shine like stars under pressure.

I just hope they do it before the higher ups shut it down. Salt to injury.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

Hey @a1r50ft-10

We do understand it's not always easy to capture clips of it happening, but we have sent plenty of clips to the dev team already, so they know it's an issue and can happen. We don't want players to go out of their way to try to make it happen or to capture another video of it but we will of course submit more clips if anyone does happen to have been recording their session or streaming at the time and have it on a VOD. I have just asked again if there's anything else we can provide to help with this issue as there's been no updates on it since the last few suggestions I sent over from yourself and T1gerAssAssin.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    511 posts
    Hey @a1r50ft-10

We do understand it's not always easy to capture clips of it happening, but we have sent plenty of clips to the dev team already, so they know it's an issue and can happen. We don't want players to go out of their way to try to make it happen or to capture another video of it but we will of course submit more clips if anyone does happen to have been recording their session or streaming at the time and have it on a VOD. I have just asked again if there's anything else we can provide to help with this issue as there's been no updates on it since the last few suggestions I sent over from yourself and T1gerAssAssin.

Hi @Ubi-Froggard, I appreciate you keeping me posted on this issue and the work you guys are doing behind the scenes.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

So I take it that this issue will never be fixed then?

• jamesjoe110
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey @a1r50ft-10 ,

Thanks for reaching out - following the announcement of there being no further Title Updates for Watch Dogs: Legion, we're still waiting for confirmation as to if certain issues will remain unaddressed.

As for many legacy titles, which major updates conclude, some highly reported issues can still be addressed.

When we have more conclusive information on what will / won't be addressed, we'll let you guys know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics