ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MustangBillJr
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello, I recently decided to go back to Assassins Creed Unity to complete the co-op achievements before moving on to other games. When I last played I was able to do the co-op missions with someone else but now I can't seem to connect to anyone. Have the servers been shutdown? I've checked a few suggestions i've read here and everything looks ok, NAT is open. I'm having this issue on both my Series X and old Xbox One so it doesn't seem to be related to the new system. I have no issues connecting with Ubisoft Connect. I don't seem to be the only one with the issue as the Achievement forum I frequent has multiple people with connection failure problems. Hoping for a fix, Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts
    Best Answer

Thanks for the replies everyone,

If you are replying to this thread, could you let us know >>

• What region you live in
    • What time you have tried to connect online to coop
    • Are you using a VPN
    • Who is your ISP?
    • What platform are you playing on?

This will be helpful to pass on to our IT team who are looking into this issue and what may be causing it - we know it seems to be affecting mostly Xbox users, with the occasional PlayStation player being affected too.

Any videos of the issue will be of great help also, thank you.

In the meantime, I have passed your names on to our IT team and noted what platform you play on.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5350 posts

@mustangbilljr I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues playing co-op in Assassin's Creed Unity.

I can confirm that the servers have not been shutdown and you should be able to play co-op, however it may be more difficult to find a game to play as the game has been out for sometime and there will not be as many players online.

Please check the support article on how to access co-op as there are different ways you can do this. I would also recommend going through the connectivity troubleshooting steps then trying again to see if that helps.

Official Response
  • MustangBillJr
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo Thank you for the response.

I understand it's an old game but I was searching for others through LFG posts and couldn't connect with about 5 other people who were having the same "Connection Failed" issue. Trying to join their invite or sending my own, I couldn't connect to anyone. I'll take a look at the connectivity link and make sure everything looks ok on my end but I don't think I have an issue there as I was able to play with my brother just a few months ago. Why I didn't just get the achievements then is beyond me. Thanks again for the response.

• Ubi-Keo

@mustangbilljr You're welcome.

If the issue persists after following the connectivity troubleshooting then please submit a support ticket with a description of the the issue and also attach an image of your port settings on your router and our Support team will investigate further.

Official Response
  • MustangBillJr
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo Again thanks for the responses. I felt I should come back and report my outcome since it was a positive one. I went through the suggested links again and checked out my router. I think I had my port settings off or maybe it was just a coincidence that as soon as I changed them around a bit I was immediately able to connect to randoms on Unity. I was connecting to multiple different people, no lag, completed a bunch of missions and nabbed my last two achievements.

As much as I loved Unity i'm now off to Origins so I can complete this AC backlog I have and get to Valhalla! Thanks again!

• Ubi-Keo

@mustangbilljr Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that the connectivity troubleshooting helped and that you were able to earn those achievements you wanted.

Hope you enjoy Origins and Valhalla 🙂

Official Response
  • AXXSOS
    1 posts

So I'm making this to highlight some of the issues that I've encountered with Assassin's Creed Unity, so that people are aware of them and don't make some of the same mistakes I and seemingly others have made.

Some Legendary equipment is locked behind a club competition requiment, and since club competitions have been offline for years they are impossible to unlock.

It's not possible to hack equipment, purchase or access boosts or purchase time savor packs. Everytime you try to open the tab your met with the same error message or some slight varient of it

Server Error
    Sorry, the required Ubisoft services are
    currently unreachable. Please try again later.
    For more information, visit
    assassinscreed.com/help. (Oxb003007e]

Note that you are essentially forced to purchase the time savor pack for cockades and chests if you want all of them to appear on your map.

And finally probably the worst offence. You are perfectly capable of purchasing Helix credits (which I did so that I could buy the time savor packs I mentioned above). However 48 hours later they still haven't been added to my game.

I have been in touch with ubisoft support on three occasions trying to find some solution for this. However nothing has been resolved yet

I've followed all of the troubleshooting advice ubisoft links as I'm sure others have also, but I still can't find any solve for any of this.

If any one has encountered any other issues please comment them below and send in a ticket to ubisoft so that they Hopefully can find it in themselves to fix these issues.

AC Unity has had one heck of a comeback story from being seen as one of the franchises worst blemishes to being seen as one of their most ambitious and impressive, and arguably one the greatest in the franchise!

• Trih333
    4 posts

@axxsos This issue is also in AC Syndicate, helix glitch can't get collected, and all the time savers, map and resources, are unavailable behind the 0xb003007e server error.

• guest-sE7BfvRs
    1 posts

Hi, unfortunately i am having connection issue/matchmaking issue, like a lot of other players, it seems impossible to play a coop game... it is possible to start a coop mission but it is not possible to find any public match or start a private session and invite succesfully another player... every time me and other players try to it says "connection failed" on screen... what is the problem? More likely is it a server problem? It seems it's happening on xbox servers for this game only nowadays...

• Tears_0f_Wolves
    5 posts

@guest-se7bfvrs

I am also on Xbox and am encountering this problem. According to www.trueachievements.com: (https://trueachievements.com) no one has unlocked the “never say die” or “choreography” achievements since 6 January 2022.

Its unclear whether this is a Microsoft or Ubisoft issue but either way, Xbox players are unable to connect to eachother

• kranosdestruct
    1 posts

@guest-se7bfvrs
    I and everyone else I know is currently experiencing the exact same issue on Xbox.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@guest-se7bfvrs @p4ntallic4 @kranosdestruct

Hey! Sorry to hear that you are all experiencing this issue with not being able to play on Xbox.

In order to troubleshoot this can you please try the steps here.

If the issue continues please let us know.

Thank you.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@axxsos @Trih333 Hey! Thank you both for your reply.

We are aware of all of these issues and they are under investigation.

You can follow this investigation here.

Thank you and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• sudo6
    1 posts

@ubi-viral we shouldn’t have to change our port settings in our routers to connect to people fix the servers the troubleshooting doesn’t help at all

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @sudo6! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered connectivity issues in-game. We recommend that you ensure port forwarding has been correctly configured, as this will help to establish an open NAT type. You can read more about the different NAT types, and why having an open NAT type is best for multiplayer games, here.

If you are still having trouble connecting to multiplayer after trying the suggested connectivity troubleshooting steps, please can you let us know so we can investigate this issue further?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JC2THEL
    2 posts

@axxsos Having the exact same issue. Can't buy any time saver packs through the estore, yet I can buy the Helix Credits. I get the exact same server error. (Playing on PS4 Pro) but I doubt that matters.

• JC2THEL
    2 posts

@jc2thel Looks like the estore is working as of this moment.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @JC2THEL! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for letting us know that the issue has now been resolved for you! I'm glad to hear you can now access the Animus Store without encountering this error! 😄

If you require help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RedDevil2Fast4U
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Viral @Ubi-Keo This issue is for all Xbox One/Series X|S users. I have checked on all my consoles and the game/servers simply will not let players play co-op.

I have open NAT, all necessary ports for both Xbox and Ubisoft games open, wired connection etc. etc. I have done all troubleshooting tips. (but this is kinda irrelevant, as the problem is server side, I have 0 issues in other games)

Like @p4ntallic4 said, NOONE on Xbox has earned any of the 2 online co-op achievements since january 6th("Never Say Die", "Choreography"). Yes, there are other co-op achievements but they can be done solo.
    Something has happened on the server side for Xbox/Ubisoft, and we need you to fix it.

It is not possible to connect to friends, or other online players. Every single time you invite someone/get an invite the error message "Connection failed. You couldn't join the session. Try again later" pops up. If you matchmake public lobbies, the game will look for a lobby "forever" without connecting to anyone.. I stopped searching after almost 1hr of waiting.
    This has been happening for over 1 month now, the issue IS continuing for everyone, so PLEASE investigate further 😉

I just want to play this amazing game with my friends, but something has guillotined the co-op servers..

You fixed the eStore yesterday( with the 0xb003007e error code), please fix the co-op soon as well 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @RedDevil2Fast4U! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for letting us know that you've tried all of the suggested connectivity troubleshooting steps for your platform. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to a co-op game.

You mention that you're encountering an error message when you try to connect. Would you be able to share an image of this error message within this thread? It would be useful for further investigation to check for any error codes, and to see if you are all encountering a similar error message when trying to play co-op.

You can either share the image directly in a post within this thread, or you can upload it to a sharing platform (such as Google Drive or OneDrive). This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics