ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3115 posts

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your continued posts in this thread. I'm sorry for the frustration over the lack of updates.

It's worth noting that we tend to be pretty transparent when an old game has an issue that is unlikely to be fixed - you'll see other posts here on the forum where I've said exactly that. We've made no such announcements for this issue of coop play in Unity. As such, while we don't have any updates to share on the particulars, I'd like to once again assure everyone that this issue is indeed being looked at.

As ever, please let us know if there are further thoughts or questions in the meantime.

Official Response
  • SuperVito018
    17 posts

@ubi-thrupney And it took six months to admit that this game probably will not fix?

Did you make fun of us saying they were investigating? Is this the seriousness of Ubisoft? Thanks, congratulations.

• SuperVito018
    17 posts

@ubi-thrupney So, now, how do you want to proceed for those who need to unlock the last two achievements to complete it? Show that you care about your customers and ask us for our account names to unlock achievements.

• DouguiNEW
    9 posts

@ubi-thrupney This is so ridiculous, almost 6 months without being able to play, while the team says that "it's investigating", and then comes to say that the game probably won't receive an update or anything... it's not for nothing that everyone calls it Ubisoft from "BUGSOFT"...

• DouguiNEW
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Niksobil
    7 posts

@ubi-thrupney, if you fixed Splinter Cell Blacklist a few years ago, you can fix it and AC Unity will be alive as well.

• zilog180
    12 posts

@ubi-thrupney T. O. P.... P. E. O. P. L. E 🙄

• AcrossConcrete
    4 posts

I have been wanting to start this game(but won't, sadly) and through reading all these posts the support team are just giving everybody the runaround. What a joke, I'm on far Cry 2 and those servers are down and the other AC 360 games always going out. They absolutely do not care, about older titles. Hell even Treyarch fixed a long discontinued achievement a couple years ago. Only reason they did that was because they were threatened with a lawsuit 👎

• Sasuke82
    7 posts

Request. 
    Ubisoft+ catalog is arriving in "world" Xbox, maybe write to MS customer assistance or Phil Spencer, can help us something?
    Obviously not only one person, but many people, and that could do something facing the Ubisoft Support?

Ps

tweet from a friend about this issue and UbiSupport replied (usual false apology).
    share, if you want, the more people know, the better it is for us.

• bland42
    2 posts

I also have that problem when trying to go online on the menu, that message pops up, although when I travel to the online mission in Paris, I can play online with other people, and while playing the mission with other players and then go to the menu to go online, I get that same message, it's nuts

• XxALPHAxCHAOSxX
    2 posts

@douguinew i think you guys misinterpreted their reply, they said they HAVEN'T said that the game wont be fixed

• DouguiNEW
    9 posts

@xxalphaxchaosxx I thought so too, about 6 months ago, so much so that this is the first time I've expressed myself in these posts, I really hope the game is fixed, but this seems like a bunch of excuses from a team that doesn't care with the problem itself...

Message to Ubisoft and the team: "It's not enough for Caesar's wife to be honest, she has to look honest" and that's exactly what's missing, it's missing to seem like they're being honest with us.

• PainPotato77
    4 posts

“…we TEND to be transparent when we know a problem will not be fixed…” Ubi, after all of the failed game launches, after the lies from this title and others, do you really believe that we’re falling for this? Honestly, I’ve just been watching this forum because it’s baffling to me that a company such as yourself would just keep repeating the same, BS lie. You said it best yourself, you only TEND to be transparent. That doesn’t mean that you are right now. The fact that you can’t give a straight answer to a loyal community of players like ourselves is just bad for business. I’ve stopped buying your new titles because it’s the same thing just reskinned. There’s nothing new coming from you or your company. Assassins Creed Unity may be a buggy, unfinished mess, but it’s one of the greatest Assassins Creed titles of all time. The only thing making it so, is free roam multiplayer. To run around the rooftops of France with friends, feeling like a part of the Brotherhood. It’s being ruined, and you’re still putting sales on for the game, a game that’s main selling point was you get to play with friends. It’s on the [censored] cover of the game! Tell us the truth, or you’ll see how quickly you’ve disappointed and broke the trust of a community that’s been around since 2014, and/or earlier. If this is met with another “apology” like this YouTube drama and you can keep sending these lazy messages thinking that we’ll just forgive you, you’re wrong. Instead, give us something. Prove that they’re working on it, if they’re so “hard” at work then obviously five months later you should have something to show for it. Give that to us, not an apology. Show us you care, stop just saying that you do.
    Respectfully,
    A consumer of your products.

• Kennydenailed
    1 posts

It's not just Xbox it doesn't connect on either my PS4 or PS5 even though their server status claims to be online no issues. The problem is only with unity as I am able to connect to breakpoint servers and to Origins Trilogy servers (Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla) also R6 extraction. However Unity is constant unable to connect error box.

• guest-ip0DKTuL
    3 posts

@bland42
    Yea same. I can't play online multiplayer by using my map/menu to pick a mission. But when I manually travel to a coop mission, it allows me to play online.

• guest-ip0DKTuL
    3 posts

@kennydenailed
    I have the same problem. I couldn't play online multiplayer by using menu/map to pick and choose a mission. But just recently I was able to play online by traveling to the coop manually. Meaning, I parkour to a coop mission icon. From there it allowed me to play online with a few randoms even though on my map/menu it would say connect failed.

• guest-ip0DKTuL
    3 posts

I have the same problem. I couldn't play online multiplayer by using menu/map to pick and choose a mission. But jus recently I was able to play online by traveling to the coop manually. Meaning, I parkour to a coop mission icon. From there it allowed me to play online with a few random even though on my map/menu it would say connect failed.

• EastBayFan
    10 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hey, if you look back at my previous posts (over the past 5 months) in this thread, you'll see me mentioning multiple times how scummy it is to continue to run discounts on this game when it's currently broken.

Well guess what? Assassin's Creed Unity is currently 80% off on Xbox!

As a part of a CO-OP GAME SALE.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. What a garbage company, lol.

I started a massive Assassin's Creed series playthrough at the beginning of this year. I bought all of your games, and played through them all. Until I got to Unity. I've been waiting for ***months*** to finish this game. And all you guys have to say is that you're still looking into it?

At this point, I don't care. I'm just going to uninstall and not bother anymore. I've definitely learned my lesson though, don't buy any game from Ubisoft, period.

It might be completely broken, and you might get told you're not eligible for a refund because you already started the game up.

Obviously it won't matter to Ubisoft, but I think I'll be saving myself a lot of trouble going forward if I just start viewing the Ubisoft logo as a strict instruction to stay away.

What a massively disappointing way to end my time with this series.

• HIDDEN1NE
    206 posts

Voicing my frustration as well, as I just re-purchased (already had disk) Unity from the coop sale, thinking CO-OP as that’s the only reason I even bought it again, but have not been able to play with my brother even though both of our connections are fine. Devs stop asking if it’s this or that, because it’s more than likely your server side, so just believe us on the troubleshooting and look at your own side, especially when it’s all platforms not working. You shouldn’t be able to advertise “coop sale” if not even one coop session can work. Please heavily reconsider also touching this game up on top of Origins this week.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4790 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response!

Maintenance was performed on the 24th May for a number of legacy Assassin's Creed titles including Assassin's Creed: Unity which should resolve any previous connectivity issues.

Could you please confirm if you're still having any connection issues since then?

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics