ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EastBayFan
    10 posts

@ubi-karl "longer than initially anticipated"

It's been an entire quarter, lol.

• GunObrigan
    1 posts

@Ubi-Karl Here are some more details I observed recently, maybe this can help.

Just an assumption, but maybe there's a chance that the issue is related to Ubisoft accounts.

When I click "Play Together" in the main menu on my Xbox Series S and then click "Invite 
    Players", it throws me an error "Sorry, the required Ubisoft services are 
    currently unreachable", error code 0x70000006. This error code is thrown every time, no other codes were observed so far.

Now, what makes me think it's an account-related issue. My neighbor has an Xbox One and he owns this game as well, and he can invite other players without any issues. We swapped the consoles, i.e. I logged in on his console and he - on mine. Same thing -  he can successfully invite other people on my console and I cannot on his one. In other words, he doesn't seem to have connectivity issues at all - except that it keeps searching for co-op mission for ages and cannot find a single game.

The only difference between us is that I have a Ubisoft account connected to my Xbox account and my neighbor does NOT have one.

I tried to unlink and then relink my Xbox account via Ubisoft Account page, it didn't resolve the issue.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@sireojica

Hey there.

Sorry to hear about this.

What platform are you playing on, please?

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3309 posts

Hey there guys,

I'm afraid we don't have anything new to share at the moment.

Thank you very much for sharing this though @GunObrigan .

As account links are permanent, console and Ubisoft accounts can't be completely unlinked without our assistance.

I've passed your post onto the team while they continue to investigate.

If we need any further information or to disconnect your accounts for testing purposes, we'll let you know.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • StadiaName157
    1 posts

@ubi-viral Did nothing

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @StadiaName157,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to access the co-op features of Assassin's Creed Unity. The dedicated teams are still looking into this issue further, and we don't have any updates to share from the investigation at this time.

As soon as any new information is available, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Dallasthedude1
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis Waiting for a fix on this too!!!!

• Sasuke82
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis

I'm still waiting for a fix .. Are developers working there seriously or are circumstance answers? I apologize for my cynicism, but given the past experiences .....
    I suspect it is not in your priorities, happy to be denied

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @Dallasthedude1 & @Sasuke82, thank you both for getting in touch and letting me know that you have been affected by this. I am afraid we do not have any updates regarding this, but the issue is still being investigated.

@Sasuke82 - I understand why you may think that, I want to assure you that the team are hard at work on this. As soon as we have further information to share, it will be posted below.

• gercike11
    1 posts

Maybe this will help some:
    On the 17th of April I played for a few hours with my son in co-op. I was playing on PS5, he was on PS4. We both acquired some trophies. We had no issue at all.
    Today we tried, but he just couldn't connect to a Ubisoft server. I had no trouble on PS5 but my son kept getting an error code message ("sorry the required ubisoft services are currently unreachable", not sure of the exact error code). Either I invited him or he just tried to go online, it wouldn't connect.
    So I closed the game on the PS4 (it's in the next room), tested the internet connection, reloaded the game, same result. I closed the game again, then decided to restart the PS4 but accidentally sent it to sleep. After waking up and logging into my son's account, it started the rare but usual profile update thing when the Sony network EULA or something changes: who can see your real name, who can send you invites (friends, friends of friends) etc. After we confirmed our way through these settings, I finally restarted the PS4 (this step might have been unnecessary), loaded AC Unity, and voila, everything worked just fine; we could play in co-op again without problem. Hope this helps.

• Tears_0f_Wolves
    5 posts

@gercike11 no that doesn’t help as this thread is about Xbox players being unable to play in co op. This has been a problem since early January.

@everyone - an article on trueachievements.com reports that, without warning, Ubisoft has closed the servers for older AC titles including 2, Brotherhood, 3 and 4, discontinuing multiple achievements.

Of course these are Xbox 360 titles however it might be indicative of whether Ubisoft will actually fix the problem with Unity, or whether we’re all just being paid lip service until Ubisoft support give us the bad news (or don’t) that they aren’t going to fix Unity after all.

• Dallasthedude1
    5 posts

@p4ntallic4 If that's true that very concerning, I don't have very much faith in this getting fixed at this point. I'm sure the team's priorities are focused elsewhere, this is really disappointing.

• SuperVito018
    17 posts

@ubi-gizmo But really? But are you serious? It's been 4 months and the answer is always the same. "There is no news, the team is still investigating." It appears that you are working on a murder case and you are the police and you have no idea who the criminal is. Are we kidding? Here there are people who have bought a game that is still on the market and cannot take advantage of a fundamental part of the game. I am missing two achievements in order to complete it and because of you, I cannot do it. How long will you be kidding us? Dare to tell us that the problem will not be solved and the servers have been permanently closed for Xbox.

• Sasuke82
    5 posts

@supervito018

Don't give ugly ideas to the UBI that would be able to do it, even though the problem is quickly removed 😞

@Ubi-Gizmo
    I hope so, because many months have passed and it doesn't take all this time, unless the priorities are different ....

• SuperVito018
    17 posts

@sasuke82 If they have decided to abound and are fooling us, it certainly does not depend on my suggestion. But do we realize that months have passed? I'm sure, they haven't even turned on an Xbox to check the logs and figure out what server errors are. They are just fooling us. In 4 months, a whole game develops and they continue to claim that they are investigating the problem. Perhaps they will need NASA engineers to solve the problem.

• JackVerse8
    4 posts

I have always had a problem inviting people to my world, and they always say to me please check if your friends did the troubleshooting thing but here is the thing. They can invite me and they have an moderate NAT type. This was of course before the Unity Co-op on Xbox is down thing. But still though I really dislike it that Ubisoft never gives straight awnsers, I think that the problem may be at microsoft because on PS5 and PC people can play but not on Xbox. I also have the problem like I said earlier that I cannot invite people but they can invite me and I have an open NAT and all that [censored] done. I just think that Ubisoft really needs to fix those final few bugs on Unity Co-op and then it's all good.

• kevin82485
    1 posts

@gunobrigan That's an interesting finding. Not to throw a wrench into things, but my Xbox account is linked to Ubisoft. I do occasionally get those blue box, pop-up messages that change back and forth from not connected to connected, but that usually only happens within the first few minutes of starting up the game. When the message pops up that says I'm not connected, I do get connectivity errors when trying to enter Play Together. But when I get a message pops up that says I'm connected, I do not get any connectivity errors when going to Play Together. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. If I try to find a public co-op game, I do not get any errors, it just searches endlessly. And again my Xbox and Ubisoft accounts are definitely linked.

• Tears_0f_Wolves
    5 posts

So in a strange twist, Ubisoft have apparently contacted trueachievements and said that the legacy AC titles I mentioned have NOT had their servers shut down, they were just down for regular maintenance. See the article here:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n49388/assassins-creed-ubisoft-server-closure: (https://www.trueachievements.com/n49388/assassins-creed-ubisoft-server-closure)
    You can see why there was confusion as a Ubisoft support representative blatantly said in a tweet that those titles had been sunsetted!

Ubisoft also said they would provide notice before shutting down any servers. See here:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n49408/ubisoft-server-closure-explanation: (https://www.trueachievements.com/n49408/ubisoft-server-closure-explanation)

So perhaps there is still hope for Unity - I am prepared to be disappointed though given that we’re about to enter month 4 of this problem existing and that it appears Ubisoft support has representatives who fire off tweets without actually knowing what’s going on.

• EastBayFan
    10 posts

@ubi-gizmo Just want to point out that as of today you guys are running another sale on AC Unity on Xbox.

Even though the multiplayer has been broken for over 3 months now, and apparently your team has been unsuccessfully trying to fix it (which I don't believe by the way, it couldn't possibly take this long to fix the problem if you were actually working on it), you guys are still marketing this game as having functional multiplayer. And you're tricking people into buying it.

That's something to be embarrassed by. What a scummy company.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2985 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for recently posting about these issues.

We are aware that players are still having trouble playing co-op in Unity and there are some other issues with online services in Black Flag and Syndicate too. We have separate investigations into all of these issues and have contacted our QA and IT teams to look into why some of our older AC games online functionality is not working correctly.

We will pass on your recent comments about Unity and platforms affected to both teams, thank you for your patience.

Official Response

Suggested Topics