ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Technolizm
    Original poster 4 posts

Dear ANNO 1800 Veterans and Experts,

didnt find any useful thread for my questions , yet so i decided to open one.

I bought all the Game + All DLC and never played anno 1800 before cause i just wanted to have the full experiance !

Generally i wanted to start a game with the CAMPAIGN and all DLCS together but over the weekend there was a huge bug in campaign early quest - family bonds - edvard goode didnt wanted my alcohol - anyhow this bug is maybe caused through DISABLING FOG OF WAR and it seems developers has not any idear how to fix it - so i was forced to start and endless game without campaign .
    As bug solution is now maybe known i will probably start a new game but let FOG OF WAR enabled in order to play campaing but before i have a few questions and i suppose old Anno 1800 players can help and suggest...

1. ) Is it possible to integrate the Campaign into an endless game without having any problems later on?
    2. ) What are your suggestions / idears - when to activate which DLC - what it the best order to play in which order. In my endless game COUNTRY OF LIONS for example came before SUNKEN TREASURES expedition - but as far as i read most people use the Island CROWNFALL from Sunken treasures for their CAPITAL CITY and i also wanted to do so but also want to play general campaign as well.

So what are your idears when to start which dlc / what to first etc in order to have most advantages / fun with all dlcs.

One reason for me to start a new game is not only that campaign is not included - got another problem.- played a few hours yesterday and put a lot of counting houses on many islands - in old and new world in order to save the islands for me - now i made the expedition for CAP TRAVELNY and need to put a counting house on CROWNFALL but this now cost a lot of (103 ) Influence points which i do not have anymore - is this normal ? Or just because i already captured so many island before?

Looking forward to receive your idears suggestions to have the full ANNO 1800 experiance!!!

Thanks , Alex aka Technolizm

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Humility925
    89 posts

@technolizm
    I had little to no issues with Campaign in upgrade 11 and before, but I start new game with upgrade 12, main campaign, mostly it's work but I noticed lot of missing and some quest are broken like I click on quest giver yet nothing happen after I build a dockland, no quest come up after I click on star, it's seem much worse than upgrade 11 due number of bug/missing, and what was work before now broken in few quest I discoverd, you could try sandbox, but campaign more fun for me, and feel more alive, plus island ditchwater is awsome, very well balance resource when I use map seed "1800" but sadly it's seem more bug, whatever it's main campaign or sandbox, as there is side quest issues (both for sandbox and campaign, it's where questgiver above star thing to click and get quest in city.

Main Campaign can turn into endless, so yes, Campaign is just huge quest add to sandbox but downside is that new world you might had less island in new world but bright sand and ditchwater island make up in old world where you get bouns attractiveness but Ditchwater seem almost very good balance, beautiful island, but not great min to max, however. Because of this I almost always play campaign more than sandbox due felt alive, and get unique island as well (at least map seed 1800 for Main campaign, not sandbox)

• Humility925
    89 posts

I near always leave The Arctic and Enbesa last due logic of quest, New world, then Cape Trelawney, then maybe Enbesa or The Arctic, depend, because of quest in Enbesa, emperer asked you about what is your greatest stuff, and you need lot of cargo ship to pick good in expeditions as well, is why I leave Enbesa last, more or less, unless I want airship sooner.

Noticed, I couldn't edit my first post, due there is some kind of time limits of edit, so I reply other one when I forgot to said something.

Suggested Topics