Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• qziua
    Original poster 3 posts

Every login, Ubi Connect starts downloading 25GB....Fix this asap, please!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• snake.h
    1 posts

I have same problem. So it´s not on my side...it´s good to know.

• Hoyman77
    8 posts

@qziua Yes. This is insane. These morons are ruining my SSD.

• ransom1122
    7 posts

To fix the issue launch ubisoft launcher. And re loacte the game path.

It seems if forces into administrator folder which is where the game is not located hence why the updates begin.

Re path the location of your watch dogs legion folder and the game works without the need of an update

• Hoyman77
    8 posts

@ransom1122 What exactly do you mean? Should I go to "Game", Watch Dogs Legion, then "Properties".
    Or to the 3 horizontal line before "News" and go to "Settings" and change the "Default Game installation location"?

• PanzeredWaffle
    3 posts

@ransom1122 [censored]' hell, I just noticed that Ubi connect changed the default path I set for installing new games. This helped, thanks.

@Hoyman77 yes, re-path as you mentioned. E.g. I install my games on a separate HD apart from my SSD which is running windows and for some reason, the install path was changed (without my knowledge) to the SSD.

• Hoyman77
    8 posts

@panzeredwaffle My path was not changed. But it told me again to "UPDATE", and I started the game offline. Quite out as soon as it loaded, and went back online with Ubi Connect, and it then said PLAY instead of UPDATE. Something is weird here.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 377 posts

Hello everyone. I do understand that this is a frustrating issue, and I do appreciate the workaround that was provided. Thanks for sharing that, @ransom1122 !

If that workaround doesn't seem to help with this updating issue, however, I do also recommend emptying the Ubisoft Connect application's cache, as well as verifying game files and running Connect in admin. mode. Please let me know if those steps help at all as well!

Official Response
  • LUCAS10crz
    2 posts

Same with me... Every time I have to download 25gb

• Doomava
    6 posts

I join. Every time you restart Ubisoft Connect, updates for Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla are downloaded. Correct as soon as possible.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 277 posts

Hey guys, thanks for letting us know and apologies about the issue you're having to deal with there.

As it stands, I can confirm that we have received similar reports, and our team is already looking into the matter further.

Appreciate you for bearing with us for the time being and if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • ThySkillz
    1 posts

@ubi-karl I had the same problem, it started happening when the free weekend trial began, after downloading the 25gb the game asked me to upgrade to the full game every time I opened it, I already own the gold edition of the game. The issue seemed to be fixed after I went into the WDL installation folder and deleted everything inside uplay_download folder.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 277 posts

Hey @ThySkillz, really thankful for sharing your workaround 🙂 .

I will pass this info to our team accordingly and hopefully other players will find this useful as well!

Official Response
  • Ode2Order
    1 posts

@qziua Yup I also have this problem and I'm getting really annoyed by it. Considering for a refund as this is such a basic thing to code for??? It's 2021, most people have at least a second hard drive.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics