Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• laughable_joke
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey peeps at Ubi, I recently bought the DLC Freedom Cry for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag but I don't know how to access it, when i checked the librery page for AC IV in Ubisoft Connect it does says I own the DLC. I checked online and it says to go to the top-right square in Black Flag's main menu but that just sends me to the Ubisoft store page so I see myself out of options, anything y'all can help me with will be amazing! thanks beforehand ❤

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1402 posts

@laughable_joke I can confirm that we are aware of an issue accessing the Freedom Cry DLC in Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

The issue is being investigated, however there is no solution or workaround at this time.

Please contact support on one of the following support channels if you would like to request a refund for the DLC:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Support Ticket or Live Chat

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • laughable_joke
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-keo Hey, I prefer not to get a refund and will wait till this issue is fixed, is there a way I could be notify when it's fixed?

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 255 posts

@laughable_joke

Hey there.

I'm not sure we'll be able to notify you directly but feel free to check in with us on the forums or by reaching out to our social teams

Official Response
  • ksio89
    16 posts

This issue is years old, still hasn't been fixed and probably never will. I bought Freedom Cry yesterday and I can't access it either, it doesn't show up in game. In the old forums, there are countless posts reporting the problem. A user there provided a solution for those who bought the Season Pass, but it didn't work for me as I only bough this DLC.
    I

• harlan_quinzel
    1 posts

I played black flag for two days (10th-11th august). Everything was fine. Dlc worked. Then, next day, all dlc just gone. Freedom cry disappeared as well.
    Bought in steam.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Thanks for getting in contact and sorry to hear you are experiencing this, if possible could you confirm that you have also purchased the core game via the Steam client? If so, could you please contact our support teams directly with an image showing the proof of purchase for this content along with any error messages you receive while attempting to access this?

The fastest way to do this would be directly through our Live Chat service when this is available but you can also get in touch via our social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook if you have access to these services.

In the meantime, if you have any problems locating this information or contacting our support teams directly, please feel free to let us know so we can attempt to assist further.

Official Response
  • Malohta
    1 posts

I've been having this issue since March 5th.

It has been nearly 6 months now.

All I've ever been told by Ubisoft support is that they are sorry and that they have a team investigating and working on it.

Never in my life have I ever encountered a problem like this that has been left unresolved after Ubisoft went on their forum 2 months ago and claimed it was fixed.

• VassyP
    3 posts

I just bought AC4 Season Pass and I didn't get any unlock in the game, including Freedom Cry.

• HyliosSykes
    1 posts

Hi,

Same kind of problem here, but with a "Physical/Uplay" version of the game, bought the season pass on the Official Store a while back, I submitted two support tickets where they gently told me to go F. myself and that their teams were working on the problem, but this problem is around since 2017 so I don't think this will be fixed anytime soon...

Tried the workaround located here :

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1459684-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Season-Pass-Problem?p=15421131&viewfull=1#post15421131

But unfortunately it is not working for me, you might want to give it a go.

Best Regards

• FireHawk280
    4 posts

@vassyp same issue here! it's like ubisoft made the game for everyone run in offline mode, so it's unable to check if we own the DLC. im very irritated since i spent money on something i cant even access.

• FireHawk280
    4 posts

I have the exact same issue as what this person went through (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/101810/freedom-cry-dlc-not-showing-in-ac4-black-flag-on-pc?lang=en-US).

I haven't been able to access my Season Pass DLC since purchase on July 19th, and I have contacted Ubisoft Live Chat multiple times only for them to tell me the issue is ongoing with no updates whatsoever. I've tried the solution with ACSaveTool multiple times but it doesn't work, it only reclaims my Altair outfit, even though I have two older games, so I should get the Ezio outfit too, but that's besides the point. Is there anyway this can be fixed? I PAID for this, and I cannot access the content. Multiple people are having this issue and Ubisoft hasn't fixed this issue in over a year.

The fact that they CONTINUE to sell this broken software on their storefront is outrageous, since they have ACKNOWLEDGED that this doesn't work, but they CONTINUE to sell it to their customers.

• i-HyperSonic-i
    2 posts

Just buy the freedom cry standalone game

• donerz
    1 posts

same issue

• VassyP
    3 posts

I'm facing the same problem.

It's been 4 days since they told me that they forwarded the problem to the devs.

• FireHawk280
    4 posts

@vassyp yeah i'm considering just getting a refund at this point if its been more than a month and no response other than "it has been forwarded to the dev team" or "the dev team is aware of the issue"

• Bradderrss
    2 posts

I had to buy the deluxe version on sale right now to get the DLC's but looks like I have to start all over again HaHaHa Cry.

• Bradderrss
    2 posts

@laughable_joke I just bought the deluxe edition on sale now, and the dlc's work.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 362 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for posting about your missing DLC or Season Pass content for Black Flag.

We are still investigating issues with Season Pass and some DLC content, not being available within Black Flag.

If you have purchased the game and DLC from Steam originally, please get in contact with us over a support case directly, as we may now be able to help you with keys purchased from Steam. You can contact us over the following links >

Twitter Support -  https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport
    Facebook Support - https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupportUK/
    Ubisoft Email/Live Chat Support - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

Please make sure to tell us privately >

• Your Ubisoft username
    • Ubisoft email
    • Your unique Steam ID code
    • An image of your Steam proof of purchase for the DLC, or an image of your Steam key

This guy will show you how to locate your Steam proof of purchase -
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/article/accessing-the-steam-proof-of-purchase/000061770

This guide will show you how to locate your Steam key -
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/article/locating-your-cd-key-in-steam/000076555~

Thank you for your patience.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics