Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/15 Replies/699 Views
    rickgold1981
    Original poster 3 posts

as the title says above - theres no way that apistol should equate or deal more damage than an smg/AR/shotty and to hide behind a shield while doing it is just the lamest.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MxMdemon
    1 posts

@rickgold1981 thnx, gonna try that ... is it the big shield or the reflecting one?

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@mxmdemon

bullwark is the big one , and its not as simple as using one , you gotta build around it to be efective , not comçlicated but not as easy as the OP makes it seem.

and i also cant seem to grasp what is his problem with it , team mates stealing kills ? doing better than him? what? because although the pistol can ensure some pain is delivered you can do better with any other type of gun , especialy auto fire guns like AR´s or smg´s , you just aren´t as protected and safe , its a natural trade.

• L3AND80
    68 posts

Maybe you're annoyed to see your teammates killing NPCs with absurd ease while you have empty magazines and more ammo magazines to take down just one elite NPC...

Cowardice for me, is what the developer does when it allows certains items, like this Regulus there and the Eagle Bearer, can only be acquired by a part of the players.

This is just another kind of build, man, if you don't accept that people have a more efficient build than you, then don't play in a group, play alone or just play with friends on your list who you know don't use this build, you don't have to be the team's "DPS killer badass" to have fun.

• TxDieselKid
    155 posts

@rickgold1981 It's literally the worst build to see in the DZ. I carry a Jammer with me so I can usually get it down pretty easy, but still. Annoying AF.

• xcel30
    347 posts

Better than pistols being joke weapons like in D1

• TxDieselKid
    155 posts

@xcel30 while I somewhat agree, for the most part, outside of this one build, they still kind of are. I sometimes run a build like this when doing the seasonal speed runs, cause when combined with a good EP build, it's just continuously spawn kills.

• xcel30
    347 posts

@txdieselkid For me it's only strong because pistols are strong but are very limited also in use, they have a very good headshot damage bonus, surprinsingly good raw damage, but are semi auto with weird reticle, limited range for damage due drop off. Shields work because they let you go around these limitations by getting close and giving you time to aim for the head, also i believe most people just use the bigger damage pistols mostly because no one wants to use an extended mag pistol to click 27 headshots, that would really be bad for your hand and mouse

• Merphee
    39 posts

I don't mean to offend the OP, but it was this kind of rhetoric that made me realize how much of a fool I was for humoring PVP. I can't speak for the Regulus, but I can definitely speak about the Liberty / Bulwark, as that was my PVP build before I stopped playing.

The Liberty is a desert eagle, the weapon with the worst recoil in the game, even with the nerf and then rebuff to pistols. It's high risk (poor recoil, small mag size, it being a pistol) high reward (base damage + headshot multiplier). So for a player to have an issue with another player trying and landing headshots with the gun that has the worst recoil in the game was such a wake up call to me. You always hear about how headshots (on PC at least) in PVP shooters should be praised. It's like such praise does not exist when it comes to this weapon. And considering the Crusader meta, the complaints about Liberty, losing crit to stack headshot damage, and Bulwark was even more bizarre having being a direct counter to it.

And when players started complaining about being countered, the true integrity of the PVP became questionable to me.

• Metal_Greg
    87 posts

@merphee well said, pig dude

• Avalanche81
    6 posts

@txdieselkid Using a Jammer? that is the lamest. 😛 everyone can use that excuse for any build that is hard to get past without it.

The thing i hate is when the skills are entirely disabled and you are stuck with just your weapons, while the enemy, player or AI alike has access to theirs....the way i see it, if they use EMP type attacks, it should stop theirs as well.

There is no such thing as an EMP with selective targeting.

When i get to doing the keener mission, i always, ALWAYS group for it, cause that mission is so difficult solo since once your skills are disabled and his are not, he uses, Drones, Turrets and seekers.....that is 3 skills and i have seen 3 different type of each skill in the field at once from him....sorry but that is dumb and needs fixing.

The best AI is challenging when limited to the same rules as the player.

When it comes to builds, i tried the shield build, it was boring...the only time i died is when the AI decided to spawn magically behind me....which happens alot lately, there was no way they could have got there except by passing me and nobody even tried to get past me....yet they were there.....all there was behind me, was a brick wall, no doors, windows or sewer hole things.

I use the Ongoing Operations build, where you put a bleed dot on the target and all weapon damage done to the bleeding target is increased by 35%....so its pretty good in my opinion, it doesn't even need any skills to do its thing.

Overall, the Bulwark build is boring....you just don't die, unless enemies get behind you....so unless you are unlucky to get jumped by a melee enemy that spawned behind you for the sake of challenge.....it makes you virtually invincible.

• SuspiciousPixel
    77 posts

@rickgold1981 Everyone has an opinion just like how I think anything that revolves around the Scorpio is lame and a noob crutch. Atleast with the Regulas you need to aim for headshots for it to be effective.

• Noxious81
    385 posts
    Everyone has an opinion just like how I think anything that revolves around the Scorpio is lame and a noob crutch. (...)

That's a statement I can relate to. The Scorpio is massively overpowered as it does way too much without having specced into anything or without needing to be especially good at aiming (too high base damage, additional built in damage boost, built in CC).

A good Regulus build btw in most cases is not powerful because of the Regulus but because of having invested a lot into headshot damage, using the Perfect Headhunter talent, and landing consecutive headshots.

• matta3310
    6 posts

@rickgold1981 If you don't care what other people have to say then what is the point in posting your opinion? You could have the best or worst take in the world but why should anyone care about your opinion if their opinion doesn't matter at all? Edited to fix punctuation.

• Imagine_Brata
    177 posts

@rickgold1981 PvE ???

Suggested Topics