Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts

Hard Facts:
    XBox Series X; Digital Version of AC Valhalla;

no new river raids on the river raid map.

Plus: No new quest to start them.

Bug?
    fix asap, 20€ for a new armor set that I bought to visit the new rivers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AndrewAtwill
    17 posts

The first is in now. I think it might be a progression based addition? I could be completely wrong of course, but the first new River Raid is definitely in.

• JHINNED
    1 posts

Yea i didnt got the quest or river raids on PC and new pack doesn't appear on store too.

• password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts

I don't see 3, nor I don't see 1 new river raid.
    Nothing new on the river raid map or in the Quest Menu.

(Also the other bugs I mentioned are were never fixed:

• After starting a mastery challenge, my boat(s) (normal and river raid one) will be resteted to the standard model (... so why buy all the packs for the boat?!)
    • If I visit Asgard or Nilfheim the deer (riding animal) looks like a walking grafic-glitch, as long as I don't have a horse or a deer selected in the "normal world" ...

I have the feeling that I won't get the new river raids, too. Shouldn't buy anything more for that game -.- )

• password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts

Re-Installing the whole game now ... means like 5h wait for the DL, including all DLCs.

Thx for that. Will it fix the bug?! Well ... I guess NOT.

P. S. Also this forum is much worse than the ones under "forums.ubisoft" (like for the Far Cry Franchise) -> Posts editing limited to 10 min ... wow someone loves typos and text glitches.

Also it is very confusing regardings it's whole layout.

• Moltenaso
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • OneFromHell
    6 posts

Same issue here on PC. Currently re-installing the game to see if it fixes the problem.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@password1234xxx Not sure about on the Series X, but on Xbox One I often have to manually start updates by doing a hard restart to get the green Microsoft image to appear.

• password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts

Re-Installed: AC Valhalla and the DLCs, but - as feared - no effect.

Must be a major Bug, no other explanation.

(Also no manual Add-Ons shown; the Update started as planed yesterday. Pretty disappointing.)

• inxcognito
    56 posts

@password1234xxx I think you need to complete the questline from the first 3 River Raids in order for new ones to appear

• password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts
    @password1234xxx I think you need to complete the questline from the first 3 River Raids in order for new ones to appear

Okay, mega strange, but inxcognito, you are 100% right.

I was forced to find the last part of the armor (helmet) of that holy guy first, until the new river raids started to appear.
    Okay, thanks for the help - at least in my case.

But still: I am pretty disappointed: One line from Ubisoft in the Patch Notes would have realy helped me and my realy scarce time. 😕

>> To start the new River Raid Missions/ to unlock the three new River Raid Maps you need to complete all Missions of the first three River Raids first/ unlock the whole armor of the Holy St.G...whatever. <<

Anyway, thanks for the help @all. Hope the issues of the other ones can be solved in within in short time, too.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 496 posts

Hey @password1234xxx ,

Thank you for confirming @inxcognito's suggestion was correct, glad to hear you've since been able to access the new River Raids!

We'll pass your feedback regarding this information being made more clear to the team as points to be aware of in future.

If there's anything more we can help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • password1234xxx
    Original poster 20 posts
    Hey @password1234xxx ,

Thank you for confirming @inxcognito's suggestion was correct, glad to hear you've since been able to access the new River Raids!

We'll pass your feedback regarding this information being made more clear to the team as points to be aware of in future.

If there's anything more we can help with, please let us know!

Thanks; communications was a bit unclear. If no information on access (concerning the new River Raid Maps) is released, it is automatically assumed that there are no major requirements. (Never thought on a holy helmet, lol.)

I am a hard (and long 😕 ) working person. So it was disappointing to see that it doesn't work and that I run out of valuable time.
    (Especially because of one line would have solved the problem.)

Anyway, I got the helmet of the Holy St.G ... guy - one of like 18-20 armors is complete now. Mostly I buy them ... and I rarely use them (... but I am happy with it).
    And now I was able to check out the three new maps - ... and kill a werewolf (... yes, I like that).
    The new maps look great (a bit better than the first 3 ones, because the landscapes vary more. The Design Elements from Ireland and France were realy pushed and well used, especially for the "Rin"-Map); I am glad it works now. At least for me.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 496 posts

Glad to hear you're still enjoying the new content despite the access troubles @password1234xxx !

You know where to find us if there's ever anything more we can help with!

Official Response
  • BlueSenna
    1 posts

@ubi-theberry
    So you are saying i have to grind a full armor set before i can play the new content, and you are happy with that?

"we'll pass your feedback regarding this information being made more clear to the team as points to be aware of in the future."

No, dont do that.
    Your feedback should never be and will never be..
    "Listen guys, next time just write in the patch notes that the new content wont be unlocked until they completed the old content."
    The reason your feedback should never be and will never be this, is because you would look pretty damn stupid saying that.

This should be your feedback.
    The content should be made available and playable from the get go.
    You dont release new free content to force players into grinding something old before they can play the new. What?? that makes no sense. make a fix.
    Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Thank you for sharing your additional feedback with us, @BlueSenna. I'm sorry if this issue has caused you any confusion. To my understanding, the River Raid quests have a chronological story, which is why you are required to complete the River Raid quests within England about Saint George before you can progress with the newer content.

We have passed on the feedback shared within this thread about making it more clear that you will need to complete the Saint George River Raid quests before you are able to continue with River Raid quests that take you beyond England's waters.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics