ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved After High Life. Game has to download every time I launch the game. Losing my saved games and I can no longer progress.

0 Likes/5 Replies/83 Views
    beringline
    Original poster 7 posts

The last couple of days, I've been wasting my time a bit, with my Anno Game. I have not been able to advance into High Life, as the game will update itself (for unknown reason) every time I launch it.
    It overwrites my save games, reactivates all my DLC (so I need to press the okay button, for each pack in the main menu) and it also enables the Tutorial for some season. Which is to great annoyance.

So I haven't actually been able to even try the new DLC, as the game is constantly redownloading itself. I've been trying to browse around to see what's going on, as people have the similar issue. But I have not found a way of actually fixing it.
    Also now when I launch the game, half the time. All the Text in the game is missing. Both on the buttons, in the UI and on the portraits.

Frustrating to say the least, I'd really looked forward to try the new content - not to be in an endless loop in my game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• beringline
    Original poster 7 posts

I have been trying to reproduce it, and it's fairly simple. When I reboot my computer, the game downloads another 2GB, and puts my internet for a crawl for 20min.

It keeps downgrading to the 11. version, and doesn't stick with the 12. meaning I have to re-download the 2GB; and I lose my saves. I try and verify my game files as well, but having to both download and verify, every single time I want to play, with the risk of losing my save games. It' just ruins my motivation for playing, and trying out the new DLC.

The next step is to re-download and reinstall, fingers crossed this will fix the issue.

• Good_old_-86
    2 posts

What Beringline said. I've done 4 updates now around 500MB each. It's messing with my save compatibility.

Each time the game boots, there's no text. I have to restart it each time to get the text back, bar one occasion.

You guys alright up there?

EDIT: if you're not playing online, switch to offline mode in ubisoft.

• beringline
    Original poster 7 posts

So update:

I reinstalled the game, and now it says "unable to start the game" after spending hours redownloading and reinstalling.
    It says
    "This product cannot be activate right now, please try again later"

• Schneiper1988
    4 posts
    I have been trying to reproduce it, and it's fairly simple. When I reboot my computer, the game downloads another 2GB, and puts my internet for a crawl for 20min.

It keeps downgrading to the 11. version, and doesn't stick with the 12. meaning I have to re-download the 2GB; and I lose my saves. I try and verify my game files as well, but having to both download and verify, every single time I want to play, with the risk of losing my save games. It' just ruins my motivation for playing, and trying out the new DLC.

The next step is to re-download and reinstall, fingers crossed this will fix the issue.

Just remove the check in the settings saying "automatically update my recently played games". Will solve this issue, but not the one, that Ubis servers are not working right now.

Suggested Topics