Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

Constant thunder rumble in the background no matter the climate and region. England, Dublin, France, river raid...not a nuisance to begin with but after a few hours CAN DO YOUR HEAD IN!
    Please fix this ASAP...sound as well as strobe effects can effect people in a bad way... and I'm not good with subs so don't ask me to turn those on and sound off as a fix....Many thanks X

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 749 posts

@triquetratrip Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about the constant thunder rumble.

Due to your post title it's safe to assume this is an issue that has only presented itself after this update?
    Would you be able to see if this issue persists after restarting the game, and failing this restarting the console?
    Lastly, could you try disabling all audio in the settings, then saving and reloading the save and enabling the audio again.

Let us know if any of the above have an effect on this issue!

Official Response
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-nacho Hiya

You are correct in saying the sound issue has occurred since the 1.3.1 update
    I have followed the instructions you gave and the problem persists.
    Please can something be done
    Kind regards

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 749 posts

@triquetratrip Thanks for confirming all of this.

This issue will need to be passed on to the AC Valhalla game team. Are you able to upload a clip of this happening to a sharing site like YouTube for us to forward on to them?

Could you also ensure your most recent save is available on the cloud.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-nacho Sorry but I don't use YouTube is there another way I can send the file?

Don't know if this is of interest to you. I switched profiles on the same console to my daughters DazedCaribou198 and started to play Valhalla. She is at the beginning, in England and just building Eivors settlement. She will have access to all the the DLC's and updates as it is a family account. There are no sound issues (thunder) when I play on that profile to date,

I tried deleting the saved game on the console for my own account thinking it might be corrupt but nothing has changed I have played and completed the main game, 1st DLC and at the endgame
    in Francia

Kind regards

• triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@Ubi-Nacho Update:

I thought I had fixed my problem but sadly failed. I followed your instructions again for the first post when I was in the main game England and it seemed to work but when I went to play the DLC Seige of Paris it started again and just wont stop and follows Eivor no matter the region/. That explains why it isn't happening on my daughters account as she hasn't got that far.

I've just learned I CANT EQUIP any gear either!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 995 posts

Hey @triquetratrip ,

Thank you for getting back to us!

Have you also been able to capture the gear issue in your clip too, as both of these would be important for us / the team to see.

If you don't use YouTube, you can also upload your clip to a cloud service such as Google Drive or One Drive and make it sharable / post the link here and we'll be able to view the content there.

Let us know if you have any trouble!

Official Response
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Sorry but I'm on vacation until 27th September and don't have a access to my X/S console and decent internet to upload the clips you require. I have taken my Xbox one away with me and the problem persists, guess its loading the cloud data but its not limited to the console and the gear issue is intermittent.
    Out of curiosity I loaded a saved game from July and there were no sound issues..
    I'm using my laptop and my phone allowance to reply to you but will try and upload what you asked for when I get home.
    Kind regards
    Triquetra

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 550 posts

@triquetratrip All right! You can upload and send over those videos whenever it's most convenient for you. Thank you for the update that this issue doesn't show up when loading a save from before this update. That is handy to know. Please let me know if you notice anything else as well!

Official Response
  • UnholyLegion666
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubistorm
    Here is the link to a folder im my onedrive that contains the clips https://1drv.ms/u/s!BMS9I8mihyrvtRvrhvYKKUXNLQ1l?e=c1BXrD
    One is in England I think, the other is a river raid, the one that came with the update and the first raid on the map . I attempted to jump off the roof and ended up flying through the air to land by the fort. I didn't desyncronise but had to run & swim back to the initial raid.

Thank you for waiting.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @triquetratrip and thank you for the update!

I just checked your video and honestly I haven't seen anything similar to this one before! It does look like a corruption of data, to be completely honest with you.

Can you please perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? These steps will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this sound issue.

If you're still experiencing this after performing all of the steps from above, can you please confirm if you're experiencing this issue only on this save, or multiple saves? Also, can you please make sure that you upload your recent save to the cloud?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-mark
    I am half way through the Siege of Paris DLC and my last save game is in the cloud and I am still trying to play despite the sound issue so wouldn’t the corrupt data just re-load once I did what you asked & continue the game?

I posted this to @ubi-theberry on Sept 14
     I have taken my Xbox one away with me and the problem persists, guess its loading the cloud data so it’s not limited to a console and the gear issue is intermittent.
    Out of curiosity I loaded a saved game from July and there were no sound issues.

My Xbox one 4k the one before the X/S had a new installation of Valhalla, Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris and I still had the same sound issue!

I really don’t want to uninstall/re-install 82.2GB of game or do you just want me to re-install the Siege of Paris DLC?

Everything was fine untill the update!

Triquetra

• triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-mark - Update
    Since posting my reply to you I have had a chance to follow your suggestion.
    The power cycle routine I had done before so that was not done again but I did uninstall and re-installed the two DLC as they were the smallest.
    I loaded a save game from August, no sound issue, then Sept 15 from the cloud..Game loaded to base camp in England - Rain and thunder to my dismay but GOOD NEWS! After a few moments the rain sequence ended and no more thunder!

Wish I had thought of this and saved the ubi-support team and myself a lot of ear ache!

Thank you so so much to everyone who has replied and your colleagues, your support is really appreciated in this difficult time.

Kind regards

Triquetratripp

Please pass thison @Ubi-Mark

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

@triquetratrip Thanks for the update, I'm pleased that the issue is resolved and the rumbling of thunder ⛈ has finally gone!

I'll pass your comment along to Ubi-Mark and the rest of the team who responded to you 🙂

Official Response
  • triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-keo

Im sooo sorry but

I’m fed up now. This is the second update and the issue has returned, each time I load my saved game it starts with a rainy thundery scene, the rain stops but the thunder continues. I have tried the previous fix of uninstalling and re-installing the Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris but it hasn’t worked. I really loath to uninstall 136.2GB of game only to download my saved game from the cloud and have it corrupt it again and not just that my internet provider won’t be very happy either!
    I’ve paid over £100 for this game to be plagued by bugs....do you think this is fair!
    Had I bought something that didn’t work properly from Amazon I would have had my money back!
    Please fix my issue.

• longjohn119
    776 posts

@triquetratrip That's because the title update likely broke 4 of your sound files ..... Verify your files after every title update because it will break dozens of forge files and usually 4 sound files .....

• triquetratrip
    Original poster 26 posts

@longjohn119
    and as a tech novice how am I to do that?... Don't know how to verify files for a download to xbox X/S...that's why I'm asking for help....

• longjohn119
    776 posts

@triquetratrip Sorry but I don't have an Xbox so I don't know how it works on it or a PS4/5 ..... Now if it were a PC then I could be of more help. Also updates might not even break files on a Xbox like it does on a PC

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

@triquetratrip I'm sorry to hear that the issue has returned. We haven't received any other reports of this, therefore it does appear that the issue is with your save data. You previously mentioned that when loading an older save the issue was not present.

Can you remember if you encountered any game crashes prior to when this issue first occurred?

Could you try doing what you did previously, load an older save then load a more recent save, then if the sound of thunder stops try creating a new manual save, close the game then load the new manual save that you created and see if the sound of thunder has stopped.

Official Response

Suggested Topics