Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RS_Deadeye
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello, Recently I got back into the game, wanting to play a bit here and there. But since I upgraded my graphics card from a 1080ti to a 3080ti im experiencing very high to 100% load on my CPU (i7 8700k) which is causing some pretty bad stuttering, any ideas what I could do to fix it?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello @RS_Deadeye . First, I'd like to welcome you to posting to Discussions! Thank you as well for reaching out about this high CPU usage you're getting with the updated graphics card. I recommend running through these basic PC steps to see if this eases that usage. If that does seem to ease the issue, go ahead and grab some copies of your MsInfo and Dxiag files so that you can submit them via a ticket! You can either submit that ticket on our Support Site, or on our Facebook and Twitter support pages. Let me know how that goes as well!

Official Response
  • RS_Deadeye
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubistorm Thanks for the reply! I tried the basic PC steps. It does seem slightly better when run as admin, but not by much. It still hits 100% CPU usage fairly often, mostly outdoors and when I quickly turn the camera around or there is action, like fighting. Division alone uses anywhere from 30 to 80% CPU, perhaps more sometimes. I usually also have youtube/twitch open on the 2nd monitor Didn't notice any change from the other things. Also, the driver was recently updated.

PS. Other games seem to be fine.

PSS. I had over 1000 posts on the old forums, where did those go? 😄 I didn't play the game or use the forums in... quite some time.

• RS_Deadeye
    Original poster 3 posts

@rs_deadeye Also had this issue happening once when i ran the game as admin, like this poster mentioned here, with a video included
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99978/graphics-glitch?lang=en-US

• The_Vig1lante
    71 posts

@rs_deadeye Its ubisoft way of "cleaning the decks". they decided to introduce "discussions" and do away with "forums" of course you can view the forums, but they are acting like they don't have to actually address problems anymore in the forums. So If you had a problem when they ended the forums, chances are, you still have a problem and must now report it to the discussions. And, oh, BTW, the new discussions method is more convoluted than the forums ever were.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hey there, @RS_Deadeye! I am sorry that the steps did not help resolve this for you, were you able to create a support ticket with our teams with the files requested to help further look into this for you?

Also, @Brewz, thank you for your feedback about discussions. My apologies for the frustrations you have encountered since we have switched over.

Official Response

Suggested Topics