Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 144 posts

Whenever I try to fish now, "cast" uses the same button (Triangle) as heavy attack... so instead of casting, it will do a heavy attack; this means I can never fish now because of using the alternate control scheme. When I am in the 'fishing' mode, it should not trigger an attack. Please fix ASAP. Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    512 posts

@adarklore Why not change the button mapping to something that doesn’t conflict with other controls?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 432 posts

@adarklore Hi there.

As suggested by @TheNorfolkian is it possible to remap the 'cast' function to another button?
    We appreciate the feedback on the control schemes. If you encounter any issues reassigning a button, please let us know!

Thank you.

Official Response
  • ADarklore
    Original poster 144 posts
    @adarklore Hi there.

As suggested by @TheNorfolkian is it possible to remap the 'cast' function to another button?
    We appreciate the feedback on the control schemes. If you encounter any issues reassigning a button, please let us know!

Thank you.

The problem is, when I try to remap "heavy attack" it also changes the 'cast line' keybind to the same button. Example... I set heavy attack to be right directional, and suddenly cast line will now be set to right directional. However, casting actually works even though it's also, once again, sharing the same keybind as heavy attack. So it seems 'cast line' and 'heavy attack' are set to be the exact same button, yet, it does not work with the Triangle button on PS4 controller.

Actually, I just checked a few more things and it seems the conflict happens when the 'heavy attack' is the same as an 'ability' button. When I change the Triangle ability keybind to something else, then Triangle will work for Heavy Attack and Casting. So even though to utilize the ability buttons you have to hold R2, it is somehow now causing the conflict in Fishing mode.

I know a couple months back after an update there was a bug with R1 no longer performing crouch and they had to fix that with a later update... now this problem is occurring, hopefully one they can fix as well. At least now I know I can still fish- after re-assigning the Triangle ability keybind... but fishing used to work without having to do this.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 496 posts

Thank you very much for getting back to us with your findings @adarklore and for such detail!

Would it be possible to please capture and link a clip demonstrating these findings with the control maps you've tested so we can pass it onto the team for them to look into?

Much appreciated!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics