ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts

I just bought WD Legions and when driving for the first time, while roaming around I've noticed lots of stuttring and in some places, some heavy screen tearing. I wonder if this is a known issue. I am currently playing on Xbox Series X Performance mode.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @NoSkillJones, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing.

As it stands, I can confirm that this indeed has been already brought up to our development team's attention and is under further review.

Apologies about the inconvenience this may cause for the time being and if you have any further queries, let us know.

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubi-karl Great I am glad this has been noticed and already being addressed. The game is great, I am looking forward to see a patch soon.

• Gui_Heinen
    8 posts

@noskilljones Man, just forget about it. They don't care about this problem. Since April I've been reporting the same issue on PS4 (where is much worse) and they do nothing. The ADM always respond that they are working, but they don't fix anything at all.

In fact, this problem exists since WD1 (any platform). Watch Dogs is the only franchise that has screen tearing problem on my console. It's bizarre.

For some weird reason, Valhalla was experiencing the same issue on Xbox Series, One and PS5 (but not PS4). They fixed it on One, but the problem still exists on other platforms. Yes, believe me, people on Xbox One don't experience this problem anymore, but those on Series X do. I know this because my friends confirmed it (by the way, to be fair, this happened just a few months ago, I don't know if it was fixed r-now).

• NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts

@gui_heinen That's bad. Saw an update today, had some hope it would fix it, but no, it's still the same. I guess I will have to live with that.

• Scsigs_4
    7 posts

The fact that the screen tearing hasn't been addressed by now is just disappointing. It gets really annoying when an otherwise good 60FPS mode has this. It's almost as bad as it is in Sea of Thieves on Series X.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey @scsigs_4,

Thank you for your update and continued patience.

I can assure you that this is currently under investigation.

In the mean time if we can help further just let us know

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    The fact that the screen tearing hasn't been addressed by now is just disappointing. It gets really annoying when an otherwise good 60FPS mode has this. It's almost as bad as it is in Sea of Thieves on Series X.

Agreed and not only that, there's a lot of stuttering while driving. This is really annoying and kills the imersion. I really wanted to play this game, right now, I have to ignore it and hope this will be fixed one day.

• NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    Hey @scsigs_4,

Thank you for your update and continued patience.

I can assure you that this is currently under investigation.

In the mean time if we can help further just let us know

Hi, what about the stuttering while driving? Is this being addressed as well?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@noskilljones Hi there.

Could you please clarify if this is in regards to audio stutters or visual stuttering whilst driving, so that we can check for you?

If you have reported this issue in the past via another thread would you be able to redirect us to keep this thread dedicated to screen tearing?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    @noskilljones Hi there.

Could you please clarify if this is in regards to audio stutters or visual stuttering whilst driving, so that we can check for you?

If you have reported this issue in the past via another thread would you be able to redirect us to keep this thread dedicated to screen tearing?

Thank you!

Hi, it's visiual stuttering. While driving, whenever I arrive to a crowded area, or when I take a turn it happens. It seems it stutters when loading new stuff, so the more stuff it has to load, the more noticeable it gets. Might be a coincidence, but when I notice a heavier stuttering, there's the screen tearing.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5344 posts

@noskilljones Just to confirm do you still experience these issues when you change the settings to balanced mode at 30 fps or have you not tested this? If you haven't could you please test this and confirm if the issues persist.

Could you also provide a video demonstrating the issues.

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    @noskilljones Just to confirm do you still experience these issues when you change the settings to balanced mode at 30 fps or have you not tested this? If you haven't could you please test this and confirm if the issues persist.

Could you also provide a video demonstrating the issues.

I've just ran some tests playing at 30fps amd got the same results, though I think I am beginning to understand what this stutter means. Every turn I take, it's the same thing regardless if running at 30fps or 60fps. What looks like stuttering is the camera auto positioning. While driving the cam.era tends to keep you looking straight forward, but to achive tha "0 point" the camera keeps moving on its own and causes the "stutter". This is most noticeable at 60fps. I tried to capture my gameplay but I am getting some errors for some reason.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5344 posts

@noskilljones Have you also tried turning off the 'Camera Centering' options in the gameplay settings to see if you still experience the stuttering?

Can you confirm what error you receive when you try to capture gameplay footage.

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    @noskilljones Have you also tried turning off the 'Camera Centering' options in the gameplay settings to see if you still experience the stuttering?

Can you confirm what error you receive when you try to capture gameplay footage.

How do I disable this? I could not locate this option. I managed to capture the video and it shows the stuttering and the screen tearing. This seems to be a busy area, hence the hiccups and tearing.

• A1R50FT-10
    522 posts

@noskilljones go onto the Settings, then Gameplay, then 'Camera Centering'

• NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    @noskilljones go onto the Settings, then Gameplay, then 'Camera Centering'

Thanks. I have just checked and this is disabled by default, so it's got to be stuttering then. Playing the game like in the video I've posted, simply ruins the smoothiness experience of the 60fps patch.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @NoSkillJones, thanks for your response there and sorry to hear about the problem you've been having.

As it stands, I can confirm that we have received a number of contacts about performance related issues with Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox Series X and therefore accordingly, it is under further investigation.

In the meantime, for troubleshooting purposes, give the following steps a go and see if it helps.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • NoSkillJones
    Original poster 20 posts
    Hey @NoSkillJones, thanks for your response there and sorry to hear about the problem you've been having.

As it stands, I can confirm that we have received a number of contacts about performance related issues with Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox Series X and therefore accordingly, it is under further investigation.

In the meantime, for troubleshooting purposes, give the following steps a go and see if it helps.

Keep us updated!

I ran a few more tests and the only way to make it playable is by running in 30 fps. It’s less noticiable, but it’s there. I am not sure if it helps anything but one area where this is most evident is “bricklayers arms”. This area it stutters like hell and there is a lot of screen tearing. Unfortunately I Will have to forget about this game or play at 30 fps.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey @noskilljones,

Thank you for your update and for advising of your findings.

This is still under investigation with us but it is also great to see you found a solution that helped you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Official Response

Suggested Topics