ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Cinco-
    Original poster 1 posts

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I play on PC and my ping is high on Siege compared to all other games. It's not too much of a factor but I'll list my internet speeds below. (ISP: Xfinity)
    Down: 450mbps
    Up: 25mbps (not sure why Xfinity offers such a low upload speed, even if I upgrade to 1g download it would only be 35mbps upload)
    Ping/Latency: 9
    (used Oookla)
    My ping when I play siege is always around 35 even over that sometimes. I live in Michigan and I constantly swap between Central and East servers without any of my own input, it seems mostly random to be honest. I'm sure I could fix the swapping but messing with the game settings folder in my documents but wanted to post here first. I am assuming my high ping is solely based off of my geographic location and I am just unfortunately in an awkward spot (Metro-Detroit Area in Michigan) between Ubisoft's East and Central data centers. Has anyone else had similar issues with your servers randomly changing? If so, how'd you fix it? Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to maybe help improve my ping in general? I'm assuming there is nothing to be done about my ping (other than literally moving) but would love any input! Have a great day!

-Colin

Edit: I know my ping is not that bad at all, I just posted this because I used to get under a 15 ping and I have not moved recently

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics