ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pathtracer_
    Original poster 3 posts

I play games on both my laptop and my desktop PC, but signing into UPlay on one signs me out on the other, and every time I need to open my password manager and re-copy over my password. Is there any way to set Connect to stay logged in on both devices at once? I can't find anything in settings. I'm not trying to play the game on both at once, just trying to have both logged in at once.

No other storefront does this. Steam, Origin, Epic, GOG, none of them sign me out just because I signed in somewhere else. It's a huge security risk because it's making me consider changing my password to something less secure just so I don't have to go through the hassle of opening my manager every single time.

Thanks in advance

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 386 posts

@pathtracer_ Hey there, the Ubisoft Connect launcher is not able to be logged into on two different machines at the same time. I'm sorry about that! But I'd be more than glad to share your feedback with the Ubisoft Connect team.

Can you let me know if you're having to re-enter your credentials if you've simply closed the program (and didn't log in on the other PC) ?

Official Response
  • pathtracer_
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubikoreanbbq Can I ask why? What is the reasoning behind logging someone out if they want to use two devices at different times? No other major game launcher does this, as I said Steam, GOG, Origin, and Epic all let me sign in on both my computers and don't insist on kicking my session from the other device.

If you can get anyone who makes these decisions to listen to you, please tell them having to log in every single time you want to play a game encourages insecure passwords and massively discourages 2FA, which I'm sure is the opposite of their intent. This is a massive defect in the software and it makes me extremely unlikely to buy any Ubisoft games in the future if I'll have to put up with it every time I want to play a game.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello pathtracer_ thank you for your feedback on this. There are a few reasons why the Ubisoft Connect launcher will log you out from one PC, if you log in with another. This is to make you aware that a login has happened on another device as a security concern and to also prevent any game sharing that breaks our ToS.

Official Response
  • pathtracer_
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-milky I'm sorry, but that is not a sufficient reason.

An email or pop-up would suffice to let me know that a login has happened on another device as a security concern, and as I said, Ubisoft is the ONLY major game launcher that prohibits me from remaining logged in on both my devices at once. I see no reason you couldn't simply do what Steam does and prevent a game from being launched on multiple devices at once.

This strikes me as a heavy-handed attempt to crack down on imagined piracy to the detriment of customers who actually bought the game. Please pass up the chain as high as you can that this is a bad policy and may lose you customers.

• BuckFerguson
    2 posts
    . I see no reason you couldn't simply do what Steam does and prevent a game from being launched on multiple devices at once.

I agree. Its absolutely ridiculous.

The entire Ubisoft library can't be used because someone else in my house is playing. I have to wait for them to finish before playing anything UBisoft. Another example of how these companies just don't get it or simply do not care...

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@buckferguson Thank you for your reply. We appreciate your feedback in regards to this and will pass it on.

If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • darknite_781
    3 posts

@ubi-viral

Yes there is, you can implement concurtrent log in so I don't have to keep copy-pasting the same password every time I got to my other computer. Why do youy always make us suffer through these basic UX things? I am almost at the point where I will just start pirating your games because this is totally unacceptable and you won't listen or do anything about it. I have been a loyal customer but I have my limits. Why will you not take action?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4069 posts

Hi @darknite_781 I can understand your frustration and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As mentioned previously the Ubisoft Connect launcher will log you out from one PC, if you log in with another due to security reasons. This is to make you aware that a login has happened on another device. It is also prevents any game sharing that breaks our ToS.

As always we appreciate your feedback and it has been forwarded on.

Official Response

Suggested Topics