ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

It seems the harpoon ability is completely bugged now. When the game launched I don't think there were any problems, but a little while later a patch came out. It seemed the harpoon ability was switched from your pants to your torso chest piece, so anytime you hide the torso chest peace your harpoon would disappear as well. Now after update 1.3.1, the harpoon ability is completely disappeared, so anytime you use it you throw out an invisible harpoon. It does not matter if you have your full armor set on or try and hide some pieces of armor.

Platform: Xbox Series X

Here are some video clips of what's happening

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @gladi8ordude ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this and for including clips, it's appreciated!

This issue is known and being looked into but additional reports and clips are always appreciated for us to pass on, which I have done.

Should there be any news, we'll update the forums so watch this space and if there's anything more we can help with in the meantime, please let us know!

Official Response
  • procadman
    86 posts

@ubi-theberry I have a related issue:
    The left joystick does not seem to do anything even though it's supposed to be used to control the direction of the harpooned enemy.
    I have the upgrade and all it does is pull the victim toward Eivor so he/she can whack of the victim's head.
    Tres Cool but a Master Challenge depends on the ability to redirect the vic5tim.

• azullFR
    2046 posts

Hi all !

Not a big deal, but just to notice :
    one single PS4, 2 accounts :

• Account : a2ullFR = Harpoon is visible when at level 1
    • Account : azullFR = Harpoon is invisible when upgraded to level 2

PS4 pro & AC Valhalla, all up-to-date, on internal SSD
    Manual cloud saves ready to be used for each account 🙂

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3650 posts

@procadman I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to throw the enemy in any direction. Is your harpoon invisible too? Can you also confirm which level your Harpoon Impalement ability is, 1 or 2?

@azullfr Thanks for the information, I will forward this on to the development team.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@ubi-theberry @Ubi-Keo After update 1.4.0 the harpoon ability still seems to be invisible. I was wondering if this issue is still being looked at and if there may be an ETA on a fix.

Thanks

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3650 posts

@gladi8ordude Thanks for the update. I can confirm that this issue is still being investigated, I'm afraid that we have no ETA on a fix.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@Ubi-Keo @Ubi-TheBerry

Hey there

Wanted to add this in this thread. The other day I was testing out some things to see if I could get the harpoon to reappear. The only thing I found was when I went to Vinland harpoon appeared and I could use it on enemies like intended. Every other location in the game seems to be invisible still including all DLC locations.

Below are video clips to show what's happening

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@Ubi-Keo @Ubi-TheBerry

Hey there again,

I have been doing some more testing and found some new info. I start a new game a couple of days ago to see if this would change anything about the harpoon being invisible. Good News! It worked and the harpoon is now visible on the side of Eivor or when in use. This goes for the first upgrade as well as the second one. This makes me think that there is something in the game at some point that suddenly makes it go invisible for some reason. My main save game is still having the invisible harpoon problem. Hope this help

Below are video clips of Harpoon Ability one & two right after I got them

• azullFR
    2046 posts

@gladi8ordude

Really good test ! 👍 👍 👍

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@gladi8ordude Great find. Yes, I noticed when I did the fighting cutscene with Hildiran, my missing harpoon actually came back. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention and stopped playing. When I came back for 1.4.0, it was gone again. I'm wondering if it's a fight/cutscene that starts it.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@lemmie88 That's funny you say that. There was a bug with Mjolnir where the lighting effect disappeared and by talking to Hildiran it would reappear. I have talked to Hildiran and backing out, but it does not help make the harpoon reappear, unfortunately. Hope there is a fix at some point.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@gladi8ordude That's interesting. I hadn't known about the Mjolnir bug.

The interaction that made my harpoon come back was not just speaking to Hildiran. It was specifically the fight you have after you first build her house. There you battle "Hildr" (she gets a boss health bar) in your mind. Eivor is wearing unfamiliar gear and comments about it during the fight.

I tried to reproduce it with an older save, but it didn't give back my harpoon this time. 😢 It DID give back my small equipment belt (which disappears when hiding torso armor and not equipped with a weapon that would holster on it). 🤷 undefined

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@lemmie88 Very intrusting! I personally have always had the belt, axe, quiver and arrows, and the hidden blade. I think the only thing for me was the Harpoon that is nowhere to be found in my main game. Hope these issues are able to get reproduced and fixed soon.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@Ubi-Keo @Ubi-TheBerry Hey there, I was wondering if the Harpoon ability bug is something that is still being looked into. I looked at the newly updated known issues page and it was not listed and it's been some time since I posted in here.

Thanks

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 214 posts

Hey @gladi8ordude! This should have been resolved. Are you still having these same issues even with your game completely updated?

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@ubi-peach Yes. The harpoon has been completely disappeared since around update 1.3.1. Also, remember that before playing the Seige of Paris the harpoon was still visible. Sometime during my playthrough of the DLC, I notice it was gone. After that, I have not seen it since. What update was supposed to have fixed it? I have been looking at all the patch notes for each update and have not seen them listed.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@ubi-peach Is this something that will be looked into?

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

@gladi8ordude

Hey there.

We have received a number of recent reports regarding this so this issue has been re-opened for further investigation.

As soon as we have any further updates on this we'll let you know. I have sent your report over to the team looking into this.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 98 posts

@ubi-orion Ok cool! Thank you.

Suggested Topics