ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved Any news on fixing the permadeath bug in online mode, and returning the premium operatives that were lost due to this bug?

1 Likes/7 Replies/69 Views
    Shifter-2
    Original poster 15 posts

Hi, I reported the problem of permadeath in online mode (which isn't supposed to be a feature) and how I lost Mina due to this, around 3 months ago.

The response I've had from Ubisoft was pretty much "Don't contact us, we'll contact you".

Ubisoft problem resolution has a big problem with information either not being passed to the developers, the developers brushing problems under the carpet, and customers' tickets being closed before a resolution is found.

WDL was my first experience of a Ubisoft game and the way technical problems are dealt with has made me feel like I should not play another Ubisoft game in the future.

Here's a few examples of how common these problems are:

1. Around January I reported a rare problem with save files on PC bcoming corrupted. The file itself gets physically larger the longer the campaign is played, and eventually weird stuff starts happening such as severe FPS drops rendering the game unplayable. I reported the problem to tech support which went backwards and forwards for two weeks, but the dev team wasn't even made aware of the issue before the ticket was closed (apparently there was an error in one of the 10+ dxdiag files, so the ticket handler just closed the ticket).

2. Ever since Online launched people including I have repeatedly reported problems with syncronisation, auto-aggro, graphic and audio artifacts as well as bugged objectives. Oh, and almost predictable crashes during car chases and gunfights. The response has been bewilderment every single time ("is it really that bad?"), almost like you guys don't even play the game, let alone methodically test it. As far as I can see, there has been no acknowledgement of these problems from Ubisoft devs, let alone a solution roadmap, 6 months later.

3. Around June, I reported a problem that, during a loading screen on on a day when NPC's were auto-aggroing/perma-spawning in online co-op, two of my operatives, including Mina perma-died. Again, call closed, no mention of whether devs would try to fix it.

Finally, 3 weeks ago I reported a problem with Darcy's recruitment missions not dropping in campaign, as have many other players. This time, I didn't even get a response, let alone a fob-off.

Essentially the message you are giving to players is, "you buy our games, you buy the additional content. If you have any problems with them, sorry it's too late, we stopped caring on launch date"

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@shifter-2

Are you still waiting for a reply?

• A1R50FT-10
    510 posts

Hi Ubisoft, please can you respond to Shifter as they've been waiting ages for a response to this thread

• A1R50FT-10
    510 posts
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

Hey there.

Apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner and thanks @A1R50FT-10 for flagging this thread with me directly just now.

I have checked up on this issue and it is still under investigation with the WDL team. This issue was reportedly fixed with a previous update but since then we have received a number of reports that this was unfortunately not the case so it was reopened for investigation over the last few weeks. At this time we are waiting for any further updates we can provide and we are passing any confirmed reports of this on to the team. I have forwarded this thread on to the team looking into this issue now and also requested an update on where we're at with this we can hopefully provide for yourself and other players affected, as soon as we know more we'll let you know.

If anyone else is reading this and has been affected by this issue and has not yet raised this with us please let us know so we can forward on your reports as well. Thanks.

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@a1r50ft-10
    See, like I said before they seem to respond to you at least.
    They ignore the rest of us quite often.
    And ubi anyone, I recommend you do not respond with lies to this specific message as I'm not even talking to you I'm messaging airsoft.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@ubi-orion

Or ubi whomever responds,
    Please be more specific.
    You said this issue, this thread has several issues listed does it not, please notify us which you are referencing.

I understand that many people come off rather aggressive in their messages, but please understand that we customers can get frustrated when companies fall short on their responsibilities.
    We just expect people to do their job.
    I'm sure like me many people in the world grew up having learned anything worth doing is worth doing right.
    Because we hold ourselves to the highest standard we also tend to see the rest of the world in the same fashion.
    Please be patient with us as we sourly learn the reasons that not everyone are demigods like us .
    Its a constant struggle keeping ourselves grounded to such low levels as you mortal beings.
    👑

Suggested Topics