Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    1378 posts

@crazybone992

(approximative english, sorry)

"celebrations" toggle to off

is a good tip👍 , but some people how have migrated (PS4 to PS5 for example) can also have problems with Trophies unlocking with "Celebration" turned to off

Nice day to all 🙂

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 575 posts

@Crazybone992 Thank you so much for sharing that workaround!

To everyone still experiencing this issue, rest assured that this is still set to be fixed in a future update. I still don't have an ETA on when exactly this update will be, however. I recommend continuing to keep an eye out on our News and Announcements thread as well as here! If you have tried the suggested workarounds and find that the work for you, please let me know!

Official Response
  • jackiechan765
    1 posts

@ubistorm Any chance the Avenge Quests can be disabled until such time they aren't completely broken?? Or giving us a toggle so we can turn them off if we don't want them??

• MetalDawn71
    21 posts

I have a PS4. I recently got done playing. Constantly, I got the "New Quest" notifications with nothing underneath but 'track quest' with the recent download of latest update. I am in Ireland, just finished "War Efforts". I just done with clearing out Lisdurrow Trade Post with returning the deed. During the "War Efforts" quest, I experienced the empty New Quest notifications and then shortly afterwards the "Multiple Quest Accepted" notification. I immediately checked my quest log, and nothing for both. I thought maybe I stumbled upon a hidden quest or something...nope. The notifications stopped for awhile then came again on the way back to Dublin to work on the "Dublin's Reach" quest. I quit the game for the night.

I am just glad you guys are on top of this issue. Also I am also glad to help with any glitches or bugs such as this.

• AlePlay
    522 posts

I started the game over,
    every 2 minutes, a new REVENGE a Player mission appears

but the incredible thing is that if I don't do it right away, every time I open a door, I collect objects
    I always get the notification .. it's really annoying and intrusive ..

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2480 posts

@caosck I have merged your post with a megathread we have created for this issue. The development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking here, the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • Crazybone992
    63 posts

Update regarding the workaround mentioned earlier and the issue as a whole. While disabling celebrations does turn off the intrusive popups, it doesn't completely remove the problem. When you loot something, it appears the loot icons will appear on your screen with a significant delay. So even if you disable the avenge quest notifications, the game still thinks there's a notification on your screen and makes all the loot icons come with a delay. This is the most strange behavior I've ever seen.

• Efeesh
    1 posts

Happens to me all the time, every single time I loot something a new Avenge quest notification pops up, it's very annoying, the only way I've found to keep it from doing it is to start Ubisoft Connect in Offline Mode. Ubisoft needs to add an option to disable avenge quests.

• Crazybone992
    63 posts

@efeesh
    Not sure if that would help. Even if you disable them, the game still thinks they appear as all the loot icons come with a significant delay even when the quest notifications popups are gone.

• RagNarBoneCrush
    1 posts

If I’m anywhere around a dead player that needs to be avenged, then every time I open a door or loot anything, I get a quest notification to avenge the player. The notification will pop up back to back to back, literally every time I open a door or loot, even if I accept the quest.

I’ve read Reddit posts from other players who are experiencing the same problem. Their only solutions have been to turn off celebrations, (which people have noted doing this will result in issues with the river raid mode), or to play offline.

Is there a way to disable the avenge player quest notifications without having to go offline or potentially mess up the river raids by turning off celebrations? Is this a glitch?

This is literally driving me insane as it is a constant issue and huge distraction from being fully immersed in the game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2480 posts

Hi @ragnarbonecrush and welcome to the forums.

I have merged your post with a megathread we have created for the issue you are experiencing. I'm afraid there is no other way to disable the notifications.

The development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking here, the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • Gasterion81
    1 posts

these avenge quests still problem for us ubisoft.Please solve this bug.Whenever ı loot any corpse or box or anything,on left screen it says multiple quests accepted and this is annoying.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

@gasterion81 Hi there!

I've merged your post with our megathread on this issue.

This issue has been reported to the AC Valhalla game team. We do not currently have an ETA on a fix at this time, however I would recommend keeping an eye on our known issues list and our News and Announcements section.

Please let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime!

Official Response
  • SynsVEVO
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho Is there an update to the situation? I'm playing the most Up-To-Date patch on PS5 and this spam still keeps happening.

• cake_bakertron
    1 posts

@synsvevo still happening for me too. It's been over a month and still no resolution?

• Troopercooper80
    62 posts

@cake_bakertron

same here, started for me in Ireland after talking to Deirdre and the questline / order quests it unlocks.

Only option you have is to turn off “celebrations” in the options menu for.. I think it’s gameplay, but it should be easy to find.

Unbelievable this isn’t fixed after almost 2 months.

• Black1ceDragon
    1 posts

Does someone else have this bug, where you are at least 200m away from a players corpse, the game says "new quest accepted", even though you did not interact with the body nor were you really close to it? And after that, it tells me I accepted the quest every single time i loot something, no matter what, and it anoys me. It only stops, when I save and reload my previous gamedata, because then the corpse is gons and so is the mission, bu ,i had to save and reload at least 7 times within the last hour, because of that bug. It sucks

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1245 posts

Thanks for reaching out about this, @black1cedragon - we really appreciate it!

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this issue of new Avenge quests even when not near a player's corpse. This is something our team is aware of, and a fix is planned. We'll be getting that fix out to players as soon as we can, and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Just for future reference, please try to be descriptive with thread titles - makes it easier for other players to find your posts when they are having the same issue! Thanks for your understanding.

Also, welcome to the forums! I hope you've otherwise been enjoying Valhalla 🙂 Let me know if you've any other thoughts or questions.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @troopercooper80 @cake_bakertron @SynsVEVO

I'm afraid we don't have an update from the dev team on this issue yet but they are aware of it and will look into this. We will be sure to share when we have any info to share.

Official Response
  • playboye1
    2 posts

@adarklore I have this bug as well and I'm running on PS5 v 1.3.2 - it's impossible to tell when I actually have new quests because I get the notifications after I interact with ANYTHING. this bug is brutal for quality of gameplay.

Suggested Topics