Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• playboye1
    2 posts

@ubi-froggard You guys really need to work on this, it basically makes the game really unfun to play. Getting notifications anytime you do anything. It's a very insidious bug.

• ADarklore
    175 posts

@playboye1 The only 'fix' I have found... is to do a SAVE and then RELOAD that save... and it goes away for awhile... until you come across another dead player. What is irritating, is that you can move far away from the dead player, and instead of getting the notification to 'avenge "xyz"' player, it just keeps saying "multiple quests accepted" every time you loot something. So the noted fix is the only way to get rid of it, save and reload.

• VegasHeart
    72 posts

Everyone here have problems with avenge quest,my issue was kinda different,so mods u have to decide where its need to be.I decided to put it here instead of creating new thread.
    I catch this new quest message pop up bug after completing daily mission.This cannot be connected with avenge quest,because of two reason:

1. If there are some avenge quest Eivor says something like:"Intresting" or "Lets see" or "What do we have here".
    2. Sometimes,when you picked 2 daily and completed only one and then back to tittle screen and to game again you can also receive that message with auto pop up quest.

In my case i completed daily,travelled somewhere and this message start to pop up,but not everywhere,only when:

• Looting
    • Interacting with trials
    • After leaving trial
    • During free roam(when fighting)

Here the video:

Catch this bug two times and both times it was after completing daily.After come back to tittle screen and then to game,everything back to normal.I think this might be connected with daily,cuz sometimes,when your game crashed or you picked two and completed only one and restarting your game it can auto pop up with same message.It could be some delay on server,cuz once I got message track daily quest again,when it was already active,too bad I dont recorded this.
    About avenge quest I couple times picked it near trials location.Maybe problem if someone die inside trial and game cant give that quest properly?If avenge quest hard to find why they putting it into weekly?Devs like give players hard time or what by not fixing and not removing it.

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

@efeesh don't think we can do that on console...

@Ubi-Keo By the time you guys fix this we'll be done with this game lol... 😕 I even took a break to play MW5 hoping you'd fix all this junk by now. Guess not...

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

I came back to this game after a few months break. I get "new quest" and "multiple quests accepted" notifications constantly. Sometimes even every few seconds. It seems to be the case only when there are "Avenge Quest" nearby which got me thinking... why there is not an option to disable them in the first place.
    There is no better way to immerse yourself in 9th century England and role play as conquering Viking / Assassin as constantly seeing "avenge stupidAdHd9yearOld69yourmama@". Thank you Ubisoft. Why not slap equally stupid avatar picture on the screen at the same time while you're at it? Is it still Assassin's Creed game or Fortnite clone already?
    I mean I love this series. I played almost all Assassin's Creed games. I love that you try different mechanics and stuff and it breaks my heart to see such advancing infantilization of the series.

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Please give us an option to simply disable these quests. They are immersion breaking!

• gmk120
    1 posts

How can this bug still be up after two months, it's SO annoying.
    I'm reloading saves like 6 times per hour because of this.
    At least put a feature to turn off these avenge quests, they've always been more annoying than fun.

• ADarklore
    175 posts

@gmk120 I guess it's good to keep in mind that the devs who created this game, and all the mess that it is, is not the same people left to create new content and try to fix all the problems they've been handed. It probably also explains why it takes so long for them to fix problems- as the "post launch" dev group isn't that big since most UBI Montreal devs have been pulled to work on AC Infinity alongside the Quebec team.

• NewEra_Joyce
    4 posts

Avenge quest keeps popping on my screen, I’ve posted the issue in the beginning of September, I didn’t get a response or solution.
    please solve this problem cause it’s very annoying!

• AxleDoomrod
    1 posts

Can we please just choose to turn these avenge quests off?

I really don't care that "DickNubbler69420" died and have no interest in avenging them. The whole purpose is annoying especially in a single player game. They are glitched to all hell right now anyway with a constant spam of quests notifications I don't want or care about. If people are into it, sick let them enjoy it. If not, let us opt out of the "multiplayer" features and just play the dame game.

• adamiasty85
    1 posts

Still happening on PC Windows. Super annoying. It hasn't been happening in the past. Anyone from Ubisoft actually watching this space?

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

After 1.4 update the problem is gone at last. Thank you.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. I'm happy to confirm that a fix for the constant "New Quests" notifications was deployed in TU 1.4.0, which was released 9 November, 2021. This issue should now be resolved.

If you are still experiencing persistent notifications following this Title Update, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the lower right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You are still receiving constant "New Quests" notifications in-game following the release of TU 1.4.0.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Troopercooper80
    62 posts

@ubi-borealis I almost want a rollback considering 1.4.0 causes consistent and reproducible crashes in ravensthorn with weird missing sounds(tracks), stuttering of sound and quickly followed by a crash, reported by many but not responded to by anyone it seems, it’s not even in the list of known issues.

Suggested Topics