Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crazybone992
    63 posts

It's good that this issue is being investigated. And yes it seems to be happening with everything that require you to use the "interact key", not only with the iron ore as I originally thought. I got these annoying quest popups even when opening a door.

One way to avoid this is to play in offline mode as the avenge quests require an internet connection.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thanks for specifying that this issue occurs when using the "interact" prompt at all, @Crazybone992. We've notified the development team about this. Thanks for sharing that playing in offline mode prevents this issue from occuring! I'll let the team know about this as well 🙂

Official Response
  • DoctorAlcatraz
    2 posts

Been having this same issue since the last update. It triggers on looting/interacting with objects like doors, arrows, keys, chests.
    Someone in this thread mentioned a fix where if you find a nearby corpse you can avenge, the issue seems to disappear. Can confirm this works so far.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @DoctorAlcatraz! The development team are currently investigating this issue further.

As well as completing any nearby avenge quests, players have also shared the following workarounds to get rid of the notification:

• Saving the game and immediately reloading the save.
    • Leaving the area of the avenge quest, either by fast travelling or running/riding away.
    • Playing offline, as this prevents avenge quests from spawning in the world. Please note that going offline may prevent you from accessing other online features, such as Reda's daily quests and store.

You're welcome to try any of these workarounds in the meantime to see if this helps to alleviate the issue in-game. As soon as we have any updates to share with you all, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

@capnkel Thanks, I realized this was happening after I posted that thread. My game started going crazy with spamming messages about multiple quests accepted and other messages. The quests had no name or anything else. I restarted my PS5 completed since it had been a while. It cleared the messages for a bit, but then another player died near me, and I started getting the avenging quests messages again. It hasn't gone completely off the rails like the first time. I will report it if it does.

• DoctorAlcatraz
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Great, cheers! I'm glad this issue is being looked into, damn bug put me off playing the game last night.

• eastoner67
    3 posts

When an avenge player quest is available, the "new quest" notification is relentless: Instead of only showing once when you are near a new one, it shows every time you do certain actions. I have a screen recording that I will share, but some actions that cause the notification to show:

• Collecting arrows
    • Collecting loot from random boxes/picnic boxes/barrels/etc
    • Starting a force open for a chest or door
    • When a force open for a chest or door completes
    • After dismissing a letter
    • After collecting a Book of Knowledge

I'm sure there are many more actions that cause the notification to show, these are only the ones that I captured in my video.

This happens regardless of if you have accepted the quest or not, i.e. accepting the quest doesn't stop the notifications from occurring - the only way to stop the notifications is to accept and finish the quest (ignoring it and running away will just cause those notifications to continue, even if you're halfway across the world).

To note, pressing and holding the "tab" key doesn't switch to the active quest (if the quest isn't already active).

I only noticed this behavior after Title Update 1.3.1, in the base game, Ireland, and France.

This is super frustrating and completely killing the gameplay! Please fix ASAP.

• artemastate
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho I was unable to get a video, but still got more information about the issue while playing last night. The "Loot"/interact functions do not seem to be the problem.
    The only quests I was being constantly pinged for were "Avenge [username]" quests. If one of those was near me and I interacted with objects, then I'd get the ping every time. So I think the actual issue is with those quests.

• eastoner67
    3 posts

@eastoner67 Some updates to my original post.

Additional things that cause the notification:

• Looting a regular chest
    • Manning an arrow turret thingy (what're they called?)

Ignoring the notification and running away will just cause those notifications to continue - (update: it seems that running away any distance doesn't make it go away, but fast traveling does?).

I tried posting the two screen recordings I have, but I don't have enough permissions apparently to do that.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2422 posts

@eastoner67 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. We do have another player who reported the same issue today.

Can you please post the URL link in to this thread and it should work.

Official Response
  • Crazybone992
    63 posts

@artemastate Yes the problem is in the avenge quests. Everything is fine when there is no dead player nearby but as soon as an avenge quest pops up, using the interact key will spam the game with endless quest notifications. But like it was said before, if you complete the avenge quest or reload a save file the bug goes away for a while until the next avenge quest appears.

• Milkop82
    1 posts

This is happening to me too, it started after the latest patch. Playing on PC. It does the same in base game and Wrath of Druids. When I open a door - notification. When I kill someone - notification. When I pick up money or anything else - notification. When I just walk around - notification. It's driving me bloody insane and killing the game for me. Please fix this. I really enjoy the game but this is getting out of hand.

• Momentyne
    5 posts

@ubi-keo

Hi there

I'm getting a similar issue, not wanting to start a new thread if it's related to this one, but I get it when I'm around 300m from a 'player body' and that seems to cause it to pop up 5 or 6 times until I actually interact with the body - although, and not every time, it will continue until I've completed the quest

Trying to get a video if needed?

• Alexrice4513
    2 posts

I started having the same issue as well on PS5 after the most recent update.

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

I reported this a couple of days ago. It isn't just reporting the Avenge Player quests. It seems to report the most recent one. If you don't have an Avenge Player quest, then it says "New Quest" with nothing in it.

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

I'm on PS4 and I just noticed something. I don't know if this will help, but sometimes this isn't happening at all. I've also noted if there is an avenge quest in range that's on the compass that's what pops up every single time I pick anything up. It pops up to avenge so and so even though I haven't gotten to the body to accept it yet. If there's no avenge quest in range then it either doesn't happen or new quest or multiple quest pops up constantly when picking things up, and I don't know if I'm in range of a quest that I haven't accepted yet or found.
    Also if I ignore the avenge body and leave and get out of range so it's not on the compass anymore then it stops popping up for that.

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

I'm currently clearing a part of the map at the moment, and it has stopped happening where im standing for even just new quest or multiple quest (picked up some arrows and silver and it didn't happen) and right now there is nothing in range on my compass, but half an hour ago there were two blue dot quests that I've cleared now (and it was happening while I was in range of those blue dot mysteries). maybe it's picking those blue dot things up when it says new quest or multiple quests

• Azhrei21
    46 posts

Yeah, I think I'm on to something here as to when it's happening, you'll have to figure out what you did to screw this up. I just got within range again of a blue dot mystery quest on the compass and then picked up an arrow after missing a shot on a soldier (there were arrows in a stump), and I got a notification for a new quest after picking up the arrow.

• amikara
    2 posts

@ubi-keo The quest notification also pops up when you interact with clues during an investigation, even without picking up any loot. I also got it when I caught the floating tattoo sheet (the artifacts you chase) - so it seems the interact key is the issue, not so much the looting part?

Edit: I just.. opened a door and got the quest notification.

Suggested Topics