ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    209 posts

@virtualawesome Well that's just it... there are NO new quests... the ONLY thing is a player was killed nearby- and when I say nearby it can actually be clear across town. That's it. But every time you loot something, open a door, interact with anything... "multiple quests accepted" pops up! Simply because a player was killed nearby and the game seems to think everyone wants to do these stupid quests when 99% of players don't- especially if they've done one or two, they realize how stupid and a waste of time they actually are; especially if one of the 'killers' is a traveling soldier who is now quite a distance away.

• procadman
    86 posts

New Bug: After every looting receive a "New Quest" alert before looted goods are displayed; real annoying

Old Bug still in existence: Without notice flying straight up into the sky until you die; more annoying

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I've merged a couple more new threads into our ongoing Megathread about the "New Quests" notification. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us. We don't yet have any updates to share from the development team regarding the investigation into this issue. Rest assured that once we have any new information available, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, players have shared the following workarounds to get rid of the notification when it appears. Please note that these workarounds may not be permanent, but they can help alleviate the issue during gameplay:

• Complete any nearby avenge quests.
    • Save the game and immediately reload your save.
    • Leave the area of the avenge quest, either by fast travelling or running/riding away.
    • Play offline, as this prevents avenge quests from spawning in the world. Please note that going offline may prevent you from accessing other online features, such as Reda's daily quests and store.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 916 posts

@super_zq Hello, and sorry for the delay but thank you for letting us know that you are seeing the avenge quests repeatedly in-game. We are currently investigating similar reports. Does this occur in any particular area of the map more than others? Also, would you be able to provide a video from your gameplay that shows this? Just post the video to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here.

Official Response
  • hesherjoker
    1 posts

@ubikobold yes this avenge quest is popping up having to play without internet because it's very annoying sometimes there is not even a icon there and still pops up and go to different locations will not make it go away.

• FlamingSickle
    2 posts

I'm having this same issue. Usually it's an Avenge Quest, but sometimes it just pops up "New Quest" with no description, and it happens every single time I interact with something, like looting a crate, picking up an arrow, opening a door, or even Eivor trying to auto-loot arrows but having a full inventory. If I loot a lot of stuff in a row, it says "Multiple Quests Accepted."

• super_zq
    5 posts

@ubikobold
    Sorry i can't post a video this time
    this occurred in whole France map in my experience, not a particular area.

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    33 posts

Since the last week or so I found that there is something going on with the quest-notifications.
    And that is when you just walk around randomly, the notification for "New Quest" could pop up continuously without initializing anything or even something nearby.
    By continuously I mean, it would pop and fade, then a few seconds later it would do it again, and perhaps with the third or fourth time it would say "Multiple Quests Added", after which it would just continue to move on to "New Quest".
    Sometimes it would stop for a while longer, but show up again later anyway. - This happens without "accepting" any quest, however, as there's not even a prompt to do so.

There is one exception, and that is when the game finds one of those "avenge player" quests.
    However, it would immediately add the quest before even initializing it by going to the skull-icon on the map where the supposed player died.
    It just "adds" the quest and gives you the prompt to accept the quest, which I think does nothing (like it used to) either.
    So you automatically "accept" the quest, after which you still need to go to the death-location (the body with the skull-icon) and initialize it to then go and kill the target.

So, there seems to be a significant problem with the quest-system in that area, but only since the last update I suppose, as I haven't had this happen before.
    I'll add a link to a quick video demonstrating this happening while doing nothing but running around. Clearly it's not supposed to happen and quite annoying.
    I didn't think to open the Quest-menu, but I can tell you that there was nothing more than everything ongoing, without any quests selected and no additional ones that would be "new".

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    33 posts

Here's also a video of the vengeance-quests popping up without actually accepting one:

I actually feel like it only has to do with these vengeance-quests only and there's something going on with the servers or some such thing.
    That's the best theory I can come up with, otherwise there would be something seriously wrong within the game in general.

(Similarly, the "server error" that happens when hovering over the photo-icons on the map too quickly, making them all disappear, still happens as well. So the online stuff is unstable as it is.)

• ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@michael_monstar it's definitely something with how the online stuff works in the game atm thats the problem, if you use the "go offline" option for the ubi launcher this spam goes away. Problem then tho is that you dont get the daily shop etc but I'll take that over the constant spam of Avenge quest -.-

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I have merged some new threads into our ongoing Megathread about consistent "New Quest" notifications popping up when near avenge quests following TU 1.3.1. I apologise for any confusion caused by this merge.

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us, and for taking the time to include videos where you're able to. These have been passed along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation. Rest assured that once we have any new information available regarding these notifications, we'll let you know within this thread.

In the meantime, players have shared the following workarounds to get rid of the notification when it appears. Please note that these workarounds may not be permanent, but they can help alleviate the issue during gameplay:

• Complete any nearby avenge quests.
    • Save the game and immediately reload your save.
    • Leave the area of the avenge quest, either by fast travelling or running/riding away.
    • Play offline, as this prevents avenge quests from spawning in the world. Please note that going offline may prevent you from accessing other online features, such as Reda's daily quests and store.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • grooners
    24 posts

The avenge quest notifications are getting out of hand. If there is a body and not investigated within a huge radius the notification comes - or its says multiple quests accepted - and it does this every time I do anything like pick up some loot.

The game insists on you checking three possible targets and so its not worth investigating - but the notifications are very annoying - its like an alpha release not a matured game

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @grooners!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that this quest notification is interrupting your gameplay experience, and apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. The development team are aware of this issue and are investigating further.

I'd recommend trying the workarounds shared in my earlier post, as players have reported that these help to alleviate the notifications during gameplay.

As soon as we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread, so please follow for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MicHaeL_MonStaR
    33 posts

@itsjustlurker - I thought it would be. - The thing is, I really don't mind have the online features going, including those quests.
    But of course since the last update that notification keeps coming up so much, it's just very intrusive.

Perhaps it would also be an opportunity for them to implement a separate option under the Gameplay-settings for it to show up at all, for those who want that option.
    That might not rule out the notification when you turn it off, if that's an actual bug that's out of control, especially in case you stay online. But still...

Thanks for the tip, though! - I hope they will just patch it up quickly with a hotfix, even before any bigger content-updates. - That's very welcome to happen more often.

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    33 posts

@ubi-borealis - That's no problem, I didn't see other topics on it, so this is better.
    Thanks for being on top of things, I hope they can fix it soon.

• procadman
    86 posts

Update/clarification:

Both aforementioned bugs do not happen during a river raid.

• FireIce38
    33 posts
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @DoctorAlcatraz! The development team are currently investigating this issue further.

As well as completing any nearby avenge quests, players have also shared the following workarounds to get rid of the notification:
    • Saving the game and immediately reloading the save.
    • Leaving the area of the avenge quest, either by fast travelling or running/riding away.
    • Playing offline, as this prevents avenge quests from spawning in the world. Please note that going offline may prevent you from accessing other online features, such as Reda's daily quests and store.

You're welcome to try any of these workarounds in the meantime to see if this helps to alleviate the issue in-game. As soon as we have any updates to share with you all, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

I just want to add that going offline does NOT work. Atleast not while the bug is currently happening.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2768 posts

Hello @procadman,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes and our forums.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: I merged this thread with our megathread for your better visibility.

Official Response
  • procadman
    86 posts

@ubi-mark Thanks

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2864 posts

No worries at all, @procadman. We'll keep you and all other affected players updated here in the megathread with the latest developments in the investigation.

For the moment, the team are continuing to investigate and are collecting additional videos of the issue and save files. If any further information is needed, we'll let you all know here. 🙂 Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics