ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• brothelman
    7 posts

Started a mission in Ireland for an outpost after getting the deed, since then I've had the same issue as everyone else here. Anything with interaction or collection prompts a blank "New Quest" notification to pop up on screen. It doesn't affect the gameplay itself as I can still play, but it is suuuuuuper annoying

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there!

I've merged some threads about receiving a "New Quest" notification into a single Megathread. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates in a single place. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

The development team have been notified of this issue, and they are currently investigating further. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share your experiences with us, and to @Brotinn and @Taklishim for including a video in their report. We have forwarded these to the development team so they can take a closer look.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please feel welcome to share your reports with us, and to include any additional images/videos you may want to share, as these could be helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Taklishim
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis

I was able to capture the "Avenge quest" spam this morning. Happened during a story mission in Grantebridge. It stopped once I moved half-way across the village I was in, but the loot "new quest" spam popped up in there a couple times during this video as well.

Starts about 30 seconds in and lasts for a couple minutes until I moved far enough away.

• ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

As title says after the update I cant interact with anything, be it a door, a letter or even picking up arrows without getting a constant spam of 'Avenge X Player' quest added, its so incessive that its making me not play the game at all as I cant do anything without GONG GONG GONG over and over... Please fix this as I've been having alot of fun with the game lately 😕

• Crazybone992
    65 posts

Once again the new patch gave me a new bug that I didn't have before and fixed none of my previous problems. Do the devs not test the patches before releasing them?

Now, nearly everytime when I collect iron ore, a notification about a new quest pops up. But this quest has no name and no description. And if I track it, it just leaves an empty box visible in the map screen, though it disappears when I track an actual quest.

• CharlieOneOne
    3 posts

@itsjustlurker Same here... Xbox Series X for me. Whenever there's a dead player nearby, each interaction (item pickup mostly) prompts me about this new "avenge player x" quest being new, nearby and/or accepted over and over...

Honestly, I wish I could just turn the avenge quests off as an option.

• ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@charlieoneone yea atleast put these quests under the Misc tab on the legend of the map along with the community photos etc 😕

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@charlieoneone Including an option to turn off avenge quests is an interesting idea, though it would be better if Ubisoft simply fixed the problems. When the Siege of Paris expansion launched, there were certain locations I noticed were getting spammed with an avenge quest, one after the other... one of these locations was the theatre at Amiens. It seemed to me that a lot of players simply walked into that location without doing proper recon that it was covered with enemies at vantage points. I think I remember avenging something like five players repeatedly before just leaving the area and not engaging in any further quests.

• budor.hassanain
    1 posts

Every time a corpse show up on avenging quest it makes me automatically accept it even when it’s like 200-300 meters away and if i ignore the quest then everything i read or loot becomes a quest “multiple quests accepted” which is very annoying , and it goes away when i go to that corpse avenge then everything gets back to normal but when it appears again which is like 15 or 20 minutes later i have to do that ALL OVER AGAIN, so basically i’m trying to resolve an annoyance with an annoyance to not get annoyed which is completely not worth the time i’m spending going back and forth from these quests please do something i can’t move on with the game like this. I need to shut the avenging quests off.

• inxcognito
    61 posts

@budor-hassanain lucky you lol i can't find anyone to avenge

• WeBsmokin1
    1 posts

Xbox one s and have same problem now whenever I hit the Y button says accepting multiple quests or new quest getting to the point that I also do not wish to play am trying to play wrath of the druids and when is there gonna be an update on the Xbox

• OldCappy
    4 posts

Same problem on PC. Very annoying to have it pop up whenever a dead player is within a couple hundred meters. Playing off line for now just to avoid it.

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

Is this announcement a new feature, or did I just never get it before? I have the same player dying over and over again, and the constant pings for a new quest are very annoying. Please turn this off!!!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Thank you very much for this additional clip @taklishim , it's appreciated!

I've passed this onto the team too.

We'll keep you in the loop when we have more news!

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @crazybone992 ,

I've merged your thread here discussing this issue.

Could you please ensure you have a current save uploaded to the Cloud so we can pass it onto the team as they continue to investigate this?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Official Response
  • ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis As one of the "others that was merged" im just glad you guys picked it up and are looking into it, really hope the fix will come out sooner than later tho as of now this bug makes the game unplayable for me 😕

• Ubi-Borealis

I apologise if any confusion was caused by the merge, @ItsjustLurker. I'd like to assure you that the development team is currently investigating this issue further. As soon as we have any updates to share with you about this notification issue, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CapnKel
    16 posts

@virtualawesome It's not that the same player is dying over and over again, but rather one particular player has died in your current vicinity and you keep getting messages about it every time you loot, read, open a door, etc. It began with patch 1.3.1, is obnoxious and apparently affecting everyone. You have three choices to stop it. Either do the quest, disconnect from the internet, or reload a recent save. Reloading has always caused the player to lose an avenge quest whether they've accepted it or not, even if it's partially completed, so this is probably the easiest option if you don't wish to do them.

On a side note, the extra XP you get from completing an avenge quest might not be the only reward you get. Often I'll take the quest and be told to kill enemies I've already eliminated. If one of those enemies was carrying treasure that you've already looted, like ingots and titanium for example, I've found the game will give you more when you confirm the kill for those particular enemies.

• ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis I also just remembered that the notification doesnt seem to pop up when autolooting arrows from downed enemies etc, only when actually using E to collect arrows for example. Dont know if that bit of info can help but thought i'd share that too 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing that extra information with us, @ItsjustLurker! Any information about the issue is helpful for the development team's investigation. I'll pass this along for you so they can use it in the ongoing investigation 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics