ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Azhrei21
    102 posts

@amikara yeah I think you're right it happens with ANY interaction if you're in range of a quest. I'm back at the settlement and I've got DLC quests that I haven't started and anytime I refresh the jomsViking hall with the Bell, or change a settlement decoration, it does it then too

• Azhrei21
    102 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • auridulis
    70 posts

The same here.

I'm getting bombarded by notifications for "Avenge quests" or "Multiple Quests Accepted" [no new quests are actually added to the Quest Log] when interacting with anything, e.g. picking an item, opening a door or a chest, etc.. Those notifications seem to show up if there's a dead player lying around in close proximity.

For example, it was quite distracting and immersion-breaking when I was spoiler and the game kept notifying me to avenge BatmanXX... 🙄 😂

Platform: PC, Title Update: 1.3.1.

• Rhudir27
    3 posts

This is happening to me as well on PS5 after the update. I ignored a revenge quest that popped up somewhere in Lincolnscire. When I got to whatever town I was in and started looting things the new quest message showed up when I would pick up or interact with anything. If I picked up multiple things quickly it would show the "Multiple Quests Accepted" message.

Here are links to the recordings I took.

Loot Chest: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1diHtG4lq19CwG_ZzTi6ThkZfLzkWkz7n/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1diHtG4lq19CwG_ZzTi6ThkZfLzkWkz7n/view?usp=sharing)
    Collect Key: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tc-Hufz9OxnXIHBM3hAZ6sBIr7oAPT4s/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tc-Hufz9OxnXIHBM3hAZ6sBIr7oAPT4s/view?usp=sharing)
    Loot Multiple: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkIGtfrkHAsogLdaSEaXV-bCk_Tc0rg1/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkIGtfrkHAsogLdaSEaXV-bCk_Tc0rg1/view?usp=sharing)
    Open Door: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKKNksfxG-vRfYXQs6WXeDowj9V6mU6I/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKKNksfxG-vRfYXQs6WXeDowj9V6mU6I/view?usp=sharing)
    Collect Tattoo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWIXnxg6czDHk1hgZspMPRXW5rJY_L0b/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWIXnxg6czDHk1hgZspMPRXW5rJY_L0b/view?usp=sharing)

• Rhudir27
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rhudir27
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ADarklore
    194 posts

This is absolutely ANNOYING as all hell! I mean seriously, this is their answer to giving us more content?!? Spamming OVER and OVER "multiple quests accepted" when in fact, NO, I have not accepted any such quests!! At first I was confused, searched my quest log, and nothing was there. I then realized, every time you loot anything, you get spammed with this message- many times even when this person's corpse is not even near you. Seriously UBI, put a damn marker on the corpse and allow US to decide whether we want to interact with it or not- stop spamming us over and over just because a random player was killed in the area. This is NOT fun being spammed to death.

• Mirbat
    2 posts

The same is happening for me on PS4 Pro. This will be occurring for most players.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey everyone,

As previously communicated by my colleagues @Ubi-Froggard, @Ubi-Nacho and @Ubi-Borealis, this is an issue under investigation by the development team. We've received reports of this across our forums, social media and support ticket system, so we are aware that it isn't an isolated issue. 🙂

Here's what you can try in the meantime to try and resolve the constant notifications:

• Complete any nearby avenge quests.
    • Save the game and immediately reload your save.
    • Leave the area of the avenge quest, either by fast travelling or running/riding away.
    • Play offline, as this prevents avenge quests from spawning in the world. Please note that going offline may prevent you from accessing other online features, such as Reda's daily quests and store.

As ever, we'll communicate any updates with regard to the status of the investigation with you all as soon as possible within this thread. For now, thank you all for your continued reports, and please do provide us with videos of the issue if you can. 🙂

Official Response
  • super_zq
    4 posts

update 1.3.1
    not occurred in 1.3.0 and before

If there is a dead player nearby(showing in the map), when i open a box, a door, or sometimes just walk, an Avenging Quest prompt in left part of screen tell me Avenge for other player.
    Not showing just one time , but repeatedly , until there is no dead player nearby

Would you kindly please fix the bug, or just provide a option to close this Avenging Quest.

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

@adarklore It is actually pinging you with any recent quest. If you start the game and there are no avenging quests, it will ping you with a new quest that has no name. They really need to put in a way to opt out of all of these obnoxious things.

• DiGiTaLCLeaNeR
    2 posts

@taklishim I am having the exact same issue. An avenge quest pop up appears or "multiple quests accepted" each time I interact with something or loot something. FREAKING ANNOYING! Totally ruins the ambiance of the game. Can't turn off internet as my phone and alot of other household items are connected.

• captzekeseas1
    5 posts

@digitalcleaner you don’t have to turn off you’re internet, you can turn off “online” within the game itself. Under options or settings etc... hope this helps

• Plippero
    3 posts

Sometimes you stumble across another dead player and if u interact with them you recieve a mission to take revenge on the killer. Last time i got in the range of about 200 meters of the corpse of a player I recieved the mission automatically, wich told me to interact with the corpse, so i can find out who the killer is and avange them. That would be a fine change from ubisoft, so you get notified when someone is near you.
    I instead dont recieve this mission one time, but the "you got a new mission sound" and the notification on this mission pops out a bunch of times. The most I experienced was about five times in 20 seconds, wich is not just annoying, but also very distracting from what you are doing at the moment. I even had this bug over a longer time period, when I wasnt in the range of the other player at all. Even when I was over 1000 meters away it still followed me and I still recieved the mission a couple of times. Restarting the Game fixed it, so it seems, but later i ran over another body and the bug was back again. It didnt seem to "follow" me this time, but there was still a multiple recieve sound and pop out from the mission.

Thanks for your support and hopefully a soon fix : - )

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

@plippero Thanks so much for pointing this out to us, Plip - that sounds most frustrating! I'd certainly like to report this to our team to look into further. Can you answer the questions and follow the steps below for me?

• Just to make sure I understand - when you got near the corpse, the game gave you the mission automatically, but kept giving you it repeatedly, even when you'd moved far away. A restart of the game fixed the issue. Then, next time you found a corpse, you again got the mission repeatedly, but it stopped once you'd moved away. Is that correct?
    • Can you tell me roughly where this corpse was? Were they both in the same area of the game? And what were you otherwise doing in the game at the time?
    • Can you also make sure to verify the game files for me (you'll find how to do this in our guide)? This makes sure the game is fully updated, and no files have gone missing, so the game is definitely working as it should. Thanks.

Once you've answered the above, I'll be able to best see how to proceed. Thanks once again 😎

Official Response
  • ShadowsofSatan
    1 posts

I have also experienced this bug today however I am playing on Xbox Series S. I saw the avenge mission icon on the map so I rode towards it, when I got to around 50 meters away it gave me the mission to avenge the player. Then it did it again and again, then it told me that multiple quests had been accepted but the only quest that was being accepted was the avenge quest. Part 2 of the problem is that it does not actually allow you to interact with the body so you cannot see where the perpetrators are and a blanket 'take everyone out in the area' was unsuccessful. Save and reload removes the quest completely and temporarily fixes the problem until you run into another body and the whole process starts again. I have also seen reddit posts alluding to this bug over the last few days so it appears to be widespread and on all platforms.

Edit: It doesn't necessarily stop when you move away. As long as you have the avenge quest it quite randomly (no set time or amount) gives it to you multiple times.
    Corpses were in Grantbridgescire, SW of Duroliponte and near Alcestre Monastery in Ledcestrescire.

• ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@captzekeseas1 Oh you can play offline within Valhalla itself? Gonna have to check that as I now went offline on the ubi launcher itself.

• Hazord606
    1 posts

I would also like to add that I have also had this bug. I have experienced it on PC every single time that I came across a dead player without fail, in many different locations across the map (sometimes multiple times in the same location at the same time). The only way am able to fix it is to either complete the quest, or fast travel away to distant location, and even that doesn't always work.

• Smeary2013
    3 posts

Hello,

the "new quest" bug is a big problem. It's a problem with all quests like "revenge player X". Every time I loot a box, open a door, loot an enemy, or something like that I get the same annoying same "new quest" message.
    For a short time, a restart of the game can solve the problem.

• Plippero
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hey.

1. It did appear as u said. I forgot to mention, that the first time i excepted the mission (with the tab button on the PC), and the second time I didn´t. But else it was excactly how you described it, yes.
    2. The first corpse I ran into where this bug appeard, was in East- Engla, at the "Forest Hideout". One other location I remember was at the "Sancta Maria´s Abbey" during a raid in Essexe. I unfortunatly dont remeber all locaitons
    3. I veryfied all my files and everything was correct.

Thanks for your fast reply 😊

Suggested Topics