ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 73 posts

Several of the notable problems so far:

1. UPlay detecting Game Update 11 as the latest, downloading it and then installing it despite the fact that Game Update 12 is the latest and that you currently have Game Update 12 installed. This is intermittent: You can end up updating to v12, next time you run UPlay you get downgraded to v11, next time you run UPlay you get upgraded to v12 etc. It is baffling that UPlay makes no attempt to check what version of the game you have installed and if the update it detected is relevant.
    2. When you get downgraded to v11 various UI assets don't load in-game, notably on the main menu. Verifying the integrity of the game files will resolve this, but it won't necessarily update you back to v12.
    3. v11 and v12 configuration files are incompatible, so if you get downgraded and run the game all your settings will be reset. If you then upgrade from v11 to v12 all your settings are reset (if you ran v11).
    4. Save Files made in v12 are not visible in-game when v11 is installed.
    5. DRM server has become flaky recently, resulting in players being disconnected mid-gameplay with a misleading message that their Save Data is incompatible with the version of the game they're currently running. The message is a lie, you were kicked from the game because the game lost connection to the DRM server and locked access to all the DLC you paid for.
    6. Certain game setting configurations like disabling Fog of War during match setup will break quests.

For the first issue, you can configure UPlay to not automatically update your games, and then if it tries to install a 466MB update you should cancel it immediately (this is Game Update 11)! Once you've canceled it you should repeatedly close and open UPlay until the Launch button for the game says "Play" instead of "Update". This will save you from wasting 2,500MB's of bandwidth per downgrade/update cycle (and the time it takes to download that much data).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@nicholas_steel
    It's a shame, that this kind ow "showstop" bugs can live couple of days on a service of this size.
    In most of environments there would be "all hand on board" and fixing it ASAP.
    Unfortunately Ubisoft is huge enough to "not care" ... sadly - most of issues is because of Ubisoft/Uconnect programmers - not BlueByte, but they'll get their own by ricochet, because it's their game.
    I would lose my job if projects I'm responsible for had such things week after release.

• jmxd_
    4 posts

Have you considered it might not be easy to find the cause or to solve it?

Losing your job because an issue is not resolved instantly sounds like something someone who has never had a job would say. Then what? Start the hiring process, and every time there is a problem instantly fire them and onto the next? Ridiculous.

Shut up.

• baraterek
    22 posts

@jmxd_
    "Losig a job" is exaggeration of course.
    Is't hard to hire a programmer - I know it, I'm in it 😉
    It's just annoys me, that companies which are Ubisoft size can be "lazy" about fixing stuff and still be profitable.
    For example when Amazon, Dropbox, Google, Github etc. has issues - we know it really quick, there is quick info, status, estimated time to solve thing and following messages if it can take longer time.
    Here we have almost nothing even, that players who paid for something cannot use it and it's because their launcher which is just required even if it's not a core part of the game itself.
    They have one "failure" project (UConnect) which messes with the games - it should be TOP priority to make it operate well + write tests to prevent regression. Also - it's really bad design that UCOnnect is not checking on which version game already is - just this one try/catch could prevent such errors.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@nicholas_steel

First Ubisoft announced in October 2020 that they would be retiring Uplay. If you're have problems you need to update to Ubisoft Connect,

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AORUS2017
    259 posts

@nicholas_steel

It's not named Uplay Connect it's Ubisoft Connect

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 73 posts

@aorus2017 I've got Ubisoft Connect, I just rename the shortcut to Ubisoft and don't care to remember the name of the application.

• MstrSnstr
    7 posts

@nicholas_steel The solution to #5 for me was to switch to offline-mode before starting the game. Played all day yesterday offline with no problems. In Ubisoft Connect, the main menu on the left has an option to "Go Offline". Select that, it will restart in offline mode, then start your game as you normally would.

• EmpoweredChickn
    1 posts

offline mode doesn't work for Ubisoft+ paid customers. I'll just complain and get another free month, finish the game and delete Ubisoft Connect from my PC until the next Anno game comes out.

• Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 73 posts

@mstrsnstr That doesn't work for me, I get the error in the 1st image here when I try to play the game with Ubisoft Connect in offline mode: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/106823/not-fixed-still-get-downgraded-to-gu-11-still-can-t-play-offline-and-avoid-the-issue/10

I'd like to know *why* I can't play it offline too 😕

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey everyone, thanks for getting in touch and apologies about the delayed response from our team.

It looks like these issues have been recently addressed and resolved, therefore should anyone continue to experience any difficulties, let us know and we will be happy to look into it further.

Official Response
  • Nicholas_Steel
    Original poster 73 posts

@nicholas_steel First 5 points seem to be resolved.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

Hey @nicholas_steel

Thank you for confirming!

If ever you have further trouble just let us know as we will be happy to help.

Official Response

Suggested Topics